Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Trailblazer SS ?'s

So im getting bored with my current truck...its nice, but it doesnt really excite me anymore. I've always liked the Trailblazer SS's but I dont know a whole lot about them besides what motor they have and the fact that they are AWD. Any of you guys know if they have any major issues or things to look out for? Is it true AWD or only when it feels a wheel slip...? etc etc etc...anybody who owns one feel free to chime in with your experiences.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Not sure about the Trailblazer SS but the Silverado SS is a blast to drive. So if it is anything comparable it will be quite awesome.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I owned a GMC jimmy and used a trailblazer as a DD for an extended period of time. Neither were fast or SS's but they were both bland. I didn't really enjoy being in either of them. My silverado feels more ..... special to drive. I actually want to drive my Silverado over our other DDs, the Trailblazer and Jimmy... not so much.

Now a trailblazer SS is more fun to drive than the inline 6 TB I drove but I am sure the interior and the way it feels is probably pretty close. It also can't haul or tow like a truck can so if you do any of that it will suffer. It also has lower suspension and lower profile tires. Eventually mashing the pedal down in a 5klbs vehicle everywhere you go will loose its luster and you will be driving a SUV that isn't really good at being an SUV and it definately isn't a sports car.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Eventually mashing the pedal down in a 5klbs vehicle everywhere you go will loose its luster and you will be driving a SUV that isn't really good at being an SUV and it definately isn't a sports car.
    That seems like some sage advice.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

WHOA...I dug into these a little bit today...talk about massive transmission issues.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

PM Mr Luos.

He's had one for a while now.

red
    95 Z28

You can get them in rear wheel drive and AWD. A friend of mine who has been a GM master tech for awhile now always tells me he wouldn't own one. They are cool vehicles though, lots of mods available to make them fast.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

duramax......I've had mine for 4 years now and still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    WHOA...I dug into these a little bit today...talk about massive transmission issues.
    Most of the trans issues that we have seen have been from over the top abuse or massive hauling. Although I figured they would hold up a little better but what can you expect from a 4l60E. I had a large motor home size trans cooler on my 60E and it held up great even when towing. But I have since swapped for a 4L80. RWD not AWD
    02 Z28 - STS GT67 - Custom FMIC - Tuned by XXX Motorsports - Dual Centerforce Flywheel / clutch, BMR LCA's/TQ arm/PHR

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    duramax......I've had mine for 4 years now and still love it.
    No sense in owning a diesel unless you tow and tow often. If you don't then you will never get your money's worth. They aren't fast stock, they feel fast because of the torque and tires breaking loose around every turn but they really aren't until you mod them. Once you mod them to the point where they are running 11s/12s then they really turn into money pits.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-30-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have my SS up for sale. 49K miles, 1SS, bolt-ons, $19,500
    Tranny has been worked a bit, Sonnax shift kit.

I like the truck. It's quick enough, the stall really helped. I did think the tranny was sloppy until I got the shift kit, cooler, and tune on it. Much better.
    A friend sold his last week, it had 88k miles on it without a single tranny problem. The 4L70E isn't the best, but it isn't as bad as they make it out to be. Can't make a ton of power and expect it to hold up long.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    No sense in owning a diesel unless you tow and tow often. If you don't then you will never get your money's worth. They aren't fast stock, they feel fast because of the torque and tires breaking loose around every turn but they really aren't until you mod them. Once you mod them to the point where they are running 11s/12s then they really turn into money pits.
    that's like saying there's no reason to own and f-body unless you drive fast all the time. They don't handle as well as a lambo, they're not as fast as a lambo, and the quality isn't as good as a lambo. There's more than utilitarian reasons to own any vehicle. I love my truck and not just because it tows and certainly not because it's fast. Just a sweet ass truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's like saying there's no reason to own and f-body unless you drive fast all the time. They don't handle as well as a lambo, they're not as fast as a lambo, and the quality isn't as good as a lambo. There's more than utilitarian reasons to own any vehicle. I love my truck and not just because it tows and certainly not because it's fast. Just a sweet ass truck.
    That's not like saying that at all. Apples to oranges comparison.

Feel free to own a diesel if you want and if you enjoy it good for you. That doesn't mean there is any sense in the decision to own one unless you have need to use it to its intended purpose. I am sure we all own items like this.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Thread Information