Black
    2001 WS6

Top Gear USA Trailer

Here it is, what do you think?
    http://jalopnik.com/5606884/top-gear...-first-trailer

"The long-awaited trailer for the third-attempt at the American version of is finally here. As you'll remember, NBC shot a pilot of Top Gear, but never aired it and quickly canceled the show after the failure of Knight Rider. Earlier this year they'd announced they'd try again and moved it to History, substituting comedian Adam Ferrara for Adam Carolla, and Rutledge Wood for Eric Strommer. They kept Tanner Foust.

We've already told you what to expect from this newest version of Top Gear, including that the show will continue most of the conventions established in the U.K. version such as Star In A Reasonably Priced Car, Power Tests, and challenges.

The challenge is fully on display in this trailer with Adam Ferrara in a $1,000 Cadillac attempting to travel through a Dukes Of Hazzard-esque Moonshine course, confirming the spy shots we'd seen. And then there's Foust in a Viper, which we know was pitted against a Cobra attack helicopter.

Encouragingly, after watching the trailer it seems they're trying to achieve a balance between a festival of super cars and crazy stunts with total beaters. You know, the American English may be jarring — and we're not sure we can get over that — but this might actually be good"

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

they should have jay leno do it lol.
    a friend of mine made a fb status about this last night and his friends were complete idiots in response, basically bashing AMERICANS and saying we don't have the same passion about cars as the brits do and only see cars as a method of transportation. he obviously has not a clue about american car culture.

i really like jeremy clarkson, but will be honest, i'm not miffed like some people are, and comments all anti america that i've seen people debate because of this bothers me.

Black
    2001 WS6

the only thing i dont want to see happen is them just make a stupid show out of it. It takes a certain type of personality trio to make the show work. I also worry that now the britain top gear wont come to america anymore . they should do a show at some point and have a showdown between the american top gear and britain top gear

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

they should of kept adam carolla

I dont even know these guys. they should of gotten more famous guys that love cars.

Black
    2001 WS6

this^^

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

We need manly men to host a fucking carshow. This is the ferrara toolbag they picked.

If he sounds like justin bieber i'm killing my television with fire. The otherguy looks like a man, cept for the homo glasses.

Click for full size

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

eh...don't care for the hosts and the preview there. much prefer the nutjob brits.

Black
    02 SS #8719

I don't care for the hosts either. Don't know any except Foust. I like the Clarkson because of the Fat American jokes. They are funny and if you don't think so take a look around at all the FAT ASS AMERICANS!!! Holy shit there are some fat motherfuckers out there, A LOT of them.

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SScott View Post
    I don't care for the hosts either. Don't know any except Foust. I like the Clarkson because of the Fat American jokes. They are funny and if you don't think so take a look around at all the FAT ASS AMERICANS!!! Holy shit there are some fat motherfuckers out there, A LOT of them.
    Well... gtfo?

I'd like Top Gear here in the US but I think the show in the preview is going to miss the mark.

Black
    2001 WS6

I think they'll mess it up because they'll try to hard and it'll just turn into another one of those lame late night shows. that preview kind of remidned me of mythbusters in a way

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I'll keep watching the limey bastards on streetfire.net. Why is there a pawn shop and a car show on history channel, but no history?? The Brits total misinformation on American cars is annoying, but their humor and clarkson's hate of new camaros makes up for it.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    they should have jay leno do it lol.
    a friend of mine made a fb status about this last night and his friends were complete idiots in response, basically bashing AMERICANS and saying we don't have the same passion about cars as the brits do and only see cars as a method of transportation. he obviously has not a clue about american car culture.

i really like jeremy clarkson, but will be honest, i'm not miffed like some people are, and comments all anti america that i've seen people debate because of this bothers me.
    soooooooooo, what's your facebook address?

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Top Gear America.... I think it will end like this..

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

They need new hosts. Those guys are completely wrong for the show.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

They need a true jack ass. Those guys seem too nice. Especially Tanner. He is a great driver and makes for great footage of cars smoking sideways. They probably would stop and help if one of the others cars broke down. That is not good Top Gear. That is a good guy helping out. Top Gear is about guys being asses to each other. Or in another word being guys. Still the trailer seemed hopeful. The NBC had a different name. I think that was so BBC America could still pull good rating with Top Gear. IDK I want a guy that will bash European cars like Clarkson does American ones.
    "In the _ _'s the French had this weird crappy car the people actually bought. They must have really like looking at them because no one could ever get them to start."

Black
    02 SS #8719

It's like Coke or Pepsi (Top Gear) and then Shasta or some generic soda (Top Gear US/Aus)
    Yeah it's a soda but it's just not as good.

Thread Information