Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Toni Stewart hits Kevin Ward Jr.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Drivers get out when they are pissed "they are actually supposed to drop the window net according to the rules", but they don't walk towards the cars to throw a helmet or shoot the bird...doing this on concrete is one thing, doing it on dirt that is intentionally slippery is another...Stewart got way to close and the guy should have stayed with his car. I don't think Stewart hit him on purpose, but I do think he was getting close on purpose because of his temper.

At the end of the day, the guy in the wrong was the 20 year old kid. He took 100% responsibility of his life when his feet touched the track and he started walking towards the other cars.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

In laws had CNN on when we went over yesterday. As usual they were talking about Tony's past temper problems and making it sound as if he committed murder

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    In laws had CNN on when we went over yesterday. As usual they were talking about Tony's past temper problems and making it sound as if he committed murder
    That's how it always is...I'm sure Nancy Grace is filming an episode about it right now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I watched that video and all I see is a dumbass got out and got himself killed. The guy got butt hurt about spinning out, "rubbing is racing". Feel for the family but in the end it was the guys own fault.

Every drivers meeting they are told never leave the vehicle unless it's on fire.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I watched that video and all I see is a dumbass got out and got himself killed. The guy got butt hurt about spinning out, "rubbing is racing". Feel for the family but in the end it was the guys own fault.

Every drivers meeting they are told never leave the vehicle unless it's on fire.
    I agree...the guy walked roughly 40 feet into the corner and into the path of oncoming cars. The #45 car had to swerve to miss Kevin Ward because Kevin thought that was Tony Stewarts car...then you see him approach Tony Stewarts car the same way and he got hit. The guy wanted to make contact with Tony Stewarts car and he got his wish...its a tragedy, but the Kevin ward is to blame in this situation.

Should have just duked it out in the pits like they do at every dirt track on Saturday night...

White
    '10 ZR1

It's a terrible tragedy - I don't feel anything criminal happened either. However, I will not be surprised to see a civil suit on this situation.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    It's a terrible tragedy - I don't feel anything criminal happened either. However, I will not be surprised to see a civil suit on this situation.
    I'd bet more on that than 5 aces...settlement is coming. Last I saw, Tony Stewart is worth about $70 million and Stewart Haas is worth around $110 million with $7-8 million in annual profits so yea...some money is going to be passed around.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

That's utter BS. He should not have to pay one cent. Dipshit put himself in the danger, not Steward. I feel for the family but damn, when does personal responsibility start returning.

Black / White

That's utter BS. He should not have to pay one cent. Dipshit put himself in the danger, not Steward. I feel for the family but damn, when does personal responsibility start returning.
    "my coffee cup didnt say its hot...you owe me money now." Everybody is sue happy...

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Good point by all. On more then 1 occasion, (Tony himself) has walked out into the racing surface to yell at another driver after a crash. Dumb move. I Am a huge Tony Stewart fan and We all know he has had some issue's in the past. I don't think it's Tony's fault at all and I guarantee He feels terrible about everything. I bet even though it wasn't his fault, Tony will step up and do whatever he can to make things right for the Ward family. Alot of people dont see what alot of racecar drivers do behind the scenes. They are always doing charity events and helping out those that are less fortunate. My point is they are not just dumb uncaring redneck drivers that don't give a hoot about things like this. That's why he didnt even race at the glen on sunday. His mind wasn't right. I hope that everyone involved can get pass this as best they can. RIP Kevin Ward JR.
    Last edited by RONS98TA; 08-11-2014 at 09:59 AM.

impulse blue
    06 GTO

stewart could have done a better job by driving further away from the kid.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by flat-top View Post
    stewart could have done a better job by driving further away from the kid.
    Based on the video its really hard to tell how far down Tony was on the track. The #45 car damn near hit Kevin Ward when he went by and you can even see Kevin had to jump back and you can see the #45 swerve a little as well...its very obvious that Kevin Ward wanted to get as close to Tony Stewart's car as he possibly could. He was in the path of the #45 and had his finger stretched out and was pointing at that car "im thinking he assumed it was Tony Stewart" and then jumped out of the way at the last minute and was then hit by Tony Stewart when he approached the right hand side of his car.

This is all an estimation obviously, but it looks like Kevin Ward got out of his car and walked a solid 40 feet towards the exit of the corner and then walked down towards the bottom of the track. He was purposely putting himself in the direct path of the cars that were coming...that obviously was a bad move on his part. Kevin could have gotten out of his car and made his point standing right where he was without trying to "intimidate" a giant chunk of metal that weighs 10x's more than him and was moving at 40+mph.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Hell Tony may not have even seen him

Black / White

thats another angle and its a pretty big possibility...most drivers look at where they are going, not where they are anyway so Tony may have not even been looking to his right but more than likely towards the end of the turn where the car was. Lets look at the track conditions first...not a single light in that corner. Kevin Ward steps out of his car and is wearing black from head to toe...now lets look at the car configuration...

This is his car but with a different paint scheme than the Saturday race...

at that angle, going into a left hand turn, it would be almost impossible to see a guy diagonally coming towards you on foot from the right hand side of the car...all of this stuff combined was a recipe for disaster.

Black / White

Here's another one that really helps put it into perspective...you cant see sh*t out of these cars...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I saw that; you saw that, but: IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The other drivers saw him. There are also other drivers on record who have already stated you can see that area from that angle.

Now I'm not saying it is Tony's fault as that kid had no business running down the track like that. But Tony has gotten his name and image from somewhere... they didn't just appear out of nothing. It's not going to be good for him. A guy who has threatened other drivers... even threatened to run them over with his cars. A guy who had a rivalry going on with Ward, also the guy who spun him and then came around and hit him. There are many people who will see this as a calculated act.... even other drivers. Probably the ones who already have dislike for Tony and believe he does go too far.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The other drivers saw him. There are also other drivers on record who have already stated you can see that area from that angle.

Now I'm not saying it is Tony's fault as that kid had no business running down the track like that. But Tony has gotten his name and image from somewhere... they didn't just appear out of nothing. It's not going to be good for him. A guy who has threatened other drivers... even threatened to run them over with his cars. A guy who had a rivalry going on with Ward, also the guy who spun him and then came around and hit him. There are many people who will see this as a calculated act.... even other drivers. Probably the ones who already have dislike for Tony and believe he does go too far.
    that was taken out of context...everybody knows Tony Stewart has a temper and doesnt like to be pushed around on a race track. The part about him "running over other drivers" is not meaning that he was waiting for somebody to step out of a car so he could kill them. That exact quote was taken from a race where Matt Kenseth was holding him up on purpose so he could not pass him...Tony Stewart then said that he was holding back on the throttle to keep from running over him while they were racing. He then went on to say that he would run him over from that point forward instead of sitting behind him...he was going to basically push him out of the way if Matt Kenseth ever blocked him again. It sounds ways different when you give the entire story versus the single quote "he said he was gonna run somebody over 2 years ago so he's guilty...he said he'd do it and oh look, he did it!"

Maybe Sterling Marlin should be investigated for wrecking Dale Earnhardt...? I mean im sure Sterling Marlin said somewhere way back in the 80's that he was gonna hurt somebody and 20 years later he was the car that made contact with Dale Earnhardt and sent him into the wall and killed him...

With all of that said, I do like watching Tony Stewart rants...they are pretty epic
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-11-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

As I said I don't think it was Tony's fault. But Tony is the only one who knows what he was thinking. Was he thinking I'll scare him and it didn't work out well? I don't know, I would have a very hard time believing he really tried to hurt the kid.

But it had to be Tony Stewart. Almost any other driver this wouldn't be as big of a story. But a guy who rants and rages all the time. He will probably lose something out of this. Whether it be money, fan base, sponsor etc. It's cool to back the bad boy.... until the bad boy kills a youngster.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information