Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

today's grilled food....

stuffed hotdogs......

smoked chicken a couple of weeks ago.....

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

great...now i'm hungry

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

wow them dogs look gourmet...I might have to try that

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Bacon wrapped hotdogs stuffed with cheese? That right? What kind of cheese? That looks amazing!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    wow them dogs look gourmet...I might have to try that
    they rocked...... hebrew national dogs ( the jumbo sized dogs) stuffed with cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers and wrapped in bacon. Good stuff.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I did a couple of regular sized dogs and substituted the peppers for pickles for the kids.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

So now I have to go cook.. why .. why...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Nice... Very nice, i'm cooking chicken on the grill as we speak, i'll snap some shots to get everybody hungry, to bad the bird was'nt cut open so i can see in it sweet dogd nextweeks project for me.

I made deer steaks on the grill today and hamburgers stuffed with crab meat yesterday. I will have to try the hotdogs next weekend. I'm gonna be a real man and use a Bhut Jolokia chili instead of a jalapeno pepper. lol

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Nice... Very nice, i'm cooking chicken on the grill as we speak, i'll snap some shots to get everybody hungry, to bad the bird was'nt cut open so i can see in it sweet dogd nextweeks project for me.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that chicken belonged to my neighbors. I went over and helped them kill and butcher a few of them and they gave me 2. I had 20 something chickens a couple of years ago and every one of them that I ate was dry and had very little fat on 'em. This one didn't have any fat but I rubbed it with strawberry's and smoked it for a few hours and it was really juicy and really good.
    I cooked another pretty decent meal last week in the oven. I take fresh crab meat and make crab cakes out of them using old bay's seasoning. Then instead of making the actual crab cake I stuff chicken breasts with it and hit it with lemon/herb seasoning and bake them in the oven. While those are going I'll cook some pasta and make alfredo sauce. Put the crab stuffed chicken on top of the pasta and a couple spoon fulls of alfredo over it. I usually steam asparagus to go with that one because it goes good with it. Good stuff.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    I'm a leg and thigh person myself. My wife and kids will eat legs but I always do a pack of thighs for me. Best part of the whole bird.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I made deer steaks on the grill today and hamburgers stuffed with crab meat yesterday. I will have to try the hotdogs next weekend. I'm gonna be a real man and use a Bhut Jolokia chili instead of a jalapeno pepper. lol
    I'm not a big fan of really hot stuff. I'd rather have flavor over it being hot. I can't taste jack shit after eating something really hot so it kinda ruins the meal. Jalapeno's are just about right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm not a big fan of really hot stuff. I'd rather have flavor over it being hot. I can't taste jack shit after eating something really hot so it kinda ruins the meal. Jalapeno's are just about right for me.
    I don't go much hotter then jalapeno's either. I have few habanero peppers that i mix with stuff sometimes. I never had a Bhut Jolokia chili. I think they are almost 1000 times hotter then a jalapeno.

that chicken belonged to my neighbors. I went over and helped them kill and butcher a few of them and they gave me 2. I had 20 something chickens a couple of years ago and every one of them that I ate was dry and had very little fat on 'em. This one didn't have any fat but I rubbed it with strawberry's and smoked it for a few hours and it was really juicy and really good.
    I cooked another pretty decent meal last week in the oven. I take fresh crab meat and make crab cakes out of them using old bay's seasoning. Then instead of making the actual crab cake I stuff chicken breasts with it and hit it with lemon/herb seasoning and bake them in the oven. While those are going I'll cook some pasta and make alfredo sauce. Put the crab stuffed chicken on top of the pasta and a couple spoon fulls of alfredo over it. I usually steam asparagus to go with that one because it goes good with it. Good stuff.
    Do you make any crab dips? I love a good crab dip. The crab stuffed in chicken sounds really good but I always liked grilling my asparagus. I will have to give the strawberrys rub a try.

ls2 has the bar and grill forum... can we just have a grill forum? lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've made crab dip once or twice but mainly use it in other stuff or just for crab cakes......I love the stuff. I have a buddy that's from Maryland and everytime he goes home I have him bring me back 10-12 lbs of it.
    I have another pretty good chicken recipe too which is kinda strange because I don't really eat much chicken normally. I'm a venison,beef, and pork person in that order.

Take chicken breasts and pound them out flat. Cut your favorite cheese( I use sharp cheddar usually) into 3/4"x3/4" cubes. Put the cube of cheese in the middle of the chicken breast and wrap the breast around it. Dip the breast in melted butter and roll in either crushed cheez-its or crushed dorito's. Stick them in a muffin pan and bake in the oven. Good shit right there and it takes all of 10 minutes to prep.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    ls2 has the bar and grill forum... can we just have a grill forum? lol
    yeah, no shit. I can talk food just as much as I can talk cars. I have a superbowl party every year and you should see the spread. I have enough food to feed twice as many people that show up. The last 2 years have been kinda lame due to a couple of reasons but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of it this year again. There's always 6-8 of us in the garage drinking beer starting at about noon while I get the grill fired up and start on stuff.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

food was the last thing I should have been looking at!!

yeah, no shit. I can talk food just as much as I can talk cars. I have a superbowl party every year and you should see the spread. I have enough food to feed twice as many people that show up. The last 2 years have been kinda lame due to a couple of reasons but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of it this year again. There's always 6-8 of us in the garage drinking beer starting at about noon while I get the grill fired up and start on stuff.
    Is this when you make the mini hotdogs wrapped in bacon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information