Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Tired of 06 GT.. help!

Hi everyone, I need your help. I'm new to the board. I dunno if this is the right place to post this but here goes..I bought a 2006 Mustang GT back in october of last year. Its a nice car, plenty of power and certainly gets a lot of attention but it has a horrible back seat, not very comfortable on trips longer than 40 minutes and the ride is pretty rough. Just out of curiosity the other day, I went to go look at/test drive an 02 Z28, 36k miles, real nice shape. I've heard they are a bit faster than my car but dont handle as well and are more uncomfortable. Well, i took it out and It's definitely faster but hmm, the cloth seats in the Z were more supportive than the leather in my car and the ride was less harsh. Now i'm thinking to myself, why did I spend all this money for a car thats slower and feels like im sitting on barely covered bricks?

Anyway, I dont know what to do. I'm going to take a nice beating on the GT if I trade it in. I can afford to buy the camaro and sell the GT privately or is the mustang a better car and I'm just being silly. The dealer said the different between the two cars would be them paying me about $7500.

Thanks in advance!

Black
    2001 Corvette

You'd be trading a brand new '06 for a used '02. You're definitely going to take a beating on the Mustang, even with a private sale (although not as bad as trading).

You have to go what you're happiest with, not what others are. If you indeed like the Z28 better, then make it happen and enjoy it, it's a great car. If you're on the fence, pay the stang down for a while, and find some more f-bodies to drive, and make sure that it's the right thing to do.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Really the best thing to do is keep the GT for at least another year... I would try selling it , but that is going to be a hard road.. You did not say how much you financed the car for, if you put a down payment on the GT it would help you situation out alot. IF you trade you will you will loose your ass. Sorry , but dealerships are in the biz to make money not friends ...just my 2 cents....

by the way, I forgot to mention I paid cash for the GT

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Then j/king. I would say do some test driveing to make sure you want a Z. Try the GTO , a WS6 and even a Vette. Just to make sure that is the car you want ...

i did test drive the GTO, liked the power but didnt feel sporty enough. i did own a 96 and 98 vette but the Z is just as fast and an 02 vette is gonna be double what a 02 Z28 will be pricewise.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

man , you go through cars like I do ...lol..

haha its horrible. I miss my vettes. I'm thoroughly convinced though that GM makes a better performance/muscle car than ford, by far.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

maybe , but Ford is laughing all the way to the bank ...

i know. it sucks.

anymore opinions? im really leaning towards the Z, is anyone gonna talk me out of it?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

on this site?? Not likely ... Might look around for the Z you want though.. I would try to find a SS...

people are asking for big premiums for SS's around here, its not worth it

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you should consider a trans am. they have more comfortable seats-lumbar controls/leather etc.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

its hard to say some people love T/As others Z28s ... ... I'm leaning toward a GTO it dont do some thing great , but it seems to do a lot of things well ...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    you should consider a trans am. they have more comfortable seats-lumbar controls/leather etc.
    I love my Z but the WS6's do have better seats and you'll get even more looks then you do in your GT...because it looks better and there's far fewer around.

man i would find a supercharged ls1 or one that has been modded heavily, i had a 99 firehawk and it was pretty dissapointing stock wise, i ended up putting headers and cam, gears etc etc but was probly still not close to 400 hp (stock was 330). I ended up selling it and getting a loud truck after seeing and reading about srt-4 neons have been beating trans ams and im wasting my money struggling to cross that 400HP mark. Ebay always has someone selling an ls1 that is heavily modded.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Don't buy one that's modded...usually it's someone's project gone wrong and they're trying to get rid of it.

john
    Keep the GT for a little while, you'll get screwed if you sell it now. Wait for the new Camaro, you'll be pissed if you take a beating on the GT to buy a used Camaro and then have to take another beating to get a new one.

buy my camaro! 10.8k!! sprung_monkey's Avatar

1993 chevy pickup DD
    1999 camaro ss

honestly man i wouldl wait....i have made two impulse buys in my life and i dont regret them but i do wish i would have thought about it and maybe looked for a better deal

Did you say the backseat is horrible to ride in?.....have you ever rode in the back seat of a camaro?

Anyways keep the GT i would rather have a new car than a used car. Why not wait until you can afford to have them both? Try and find a nice camaro/f-body from a private seller so you do not pay way over price from a dealer since they act like they are sitting on a "classic".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information