Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Tire shop ruined my Nitto 555R tire.

Alright, last week I was going back to the track and wanted my old MT ET Streets back on. So I had the tires swapped on the stock WS6 rims. Tires were swapped, and I went to the track. Two days later I took the tires down to the garage and noticed the dumbass who dismounted them screwed one of my Nitto 555R's up pretty bad. As the tooling went around, it caught the sealing edge of the tire and cut it 5 times. For about 5 inch's. Tire is wasted, no way in hell Im going down the track in that. Even on the street, Its dangerous. Today, I went up there and showed the owners son. Ive known the owners of this shop through close family for 15+ years.

"So you want something for nothing?"

"No, this is 200 dollars worth or rubber here and its wasted"

After about 5 minutes of this I just picked the tire up. He asked,

"Are you gonna fucking cry about it?"

Ugh

This tire has 7 passes on it and maybe 2000 miles. It has at least 15 more pass's left or multiple 1000's of miles. The son told me to fuck off. I got in the TA, very upset with the outcome. Not even an apology.

I call the owner. Hes has always been a dickhead for as long as I have known him. I told him the professionalism was less then expected out of any buisness and quoted his sons words to me. He saw my car come in, its not your average car that rolls in his shop. He knows who I am, and knew the tire change. He was supposed to call me back after talking with his 'Mechanics'. That was 3.5 hours ago. So, the tire is wasted, im out another 200 bucks for a new tire. My cousin works there, in a different shop... away from the dumbass's. I almost dont want him involved, Dont want him to feel obligated to stand up for me(family) and go against his work. Again, The family that owns this shop has been involved with my family forever.

What would you do? Im not going to get a new tire out of these guys, I gurantee it. File a claim with BBB? I just got layed off last week, I have all the time in the world. Go sit outside and stir buisness away? Im am really upset, This Nitto had plenty of life left. Opinions? Should I just let his go and drop it?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Steal $200 worth of stuff from their shop.

Sell stuff.

Buy new tire.

Burn down shop.

2011 Prius

Fuck no, beat them with the tire.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Should you just let this go - No

Should you sit outside and stir business away - Yes

Should you report them to the BBB - Yes

Should you get your cousin involved - Probably not. The dumbass owner might fire him.

Should they give you a new tire - Yes

Pretty messed up situation.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Stuff dumbass into tire (break what you need to make him fit), re-mount tire onto rim and go drag racing! This way you will have some extra support if the tire goes out on you.

Shit like this just pisses me off. Double sucks that you know these guys well and they are still jerking your chain.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Small claims court, if you no longer have to worry about being at work they sure as heck do. Write to your local news station and send a pic of what they did, same as the local newspaper since most will eat up anything controversial. Around here in the bay area, Ca ch7 (abc) takes some cases like this and will pursue them (letters, visits with a camera crew) lots of bad publicity. Or you can get a large poster write your message and pay the shop next to him to hang it on there building for a small fee.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

First, tell us what you are willing to do. If I was unemployed I would probably take the tire and sit in front of their shop until they called the cops. Show all the potential customers the ruined tire.

How big is your town? In a town I use to live in, it was a bout 20,000 people. I could easily get an article in the paper for this and really screw over his business. My little town of 20,000 people in the middle of nowhere nebraska even has their own local forum. No reason I wouldn't write a story in there either.

We have 5-6 bars in our town, maybe even more, but only a few that i know of. Lots of old-timers can be found in these bars and old friends. After having a few beers, share your story and how fucked up his business is.

Never let it go.

Call him every day for a week. A month later, call him every week. And then keep doing that, just a little reminder. Immature...yea, so.

There's plenty of other things you can do, but these would be things you could do without getting into trouble.

Our local tire shop has plenty of tires that can be had, just jumping a fence. Why not take some time out of your evening and fuck some shit up or take some shit and sell it to get your money back, probably not the best idea though.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 08-25-2009 at 02:30 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

If its such a minor issue, then it should be no problem to get reimbursed the value of the tire. A competent person that knows how to operate a tire machine would have been able to do the job without marring up the tire, or an actual tire shop you have machines that dont destroy tires. The fact that you know them and they'd take that kind of an attitude with you shows they should NEVER get your business again. Thats absolutely no way to treat a customer at all. Thats not the same as you accusing them of something they didnt actually do just to get over on them. THats just fucking bullshit. It would take everything i had to not rock the owners son right in the jar and then ask him if hes gonna cry about it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

DONT FUCKIN STEAL ANYTHING! you'll get caught and arrested and lose even more money. But like suggested, give them as much negative word of mouth press as you can. Show pictures of the tire. You'd be surprised how much word of mouth actually travels.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

small claims court, if they dont reimburse you.... if anything it will make them look bad, prove your point, and get you a tire

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

anyone working in a tire store should know how to operate tire machines without damaging a tire,his tire changer(guy is definately not a mechanic) probably knew he fu*ked up your 555r and did not say anything and now you getting the shaft,that sucks! no way i would take this crap,i would go down there with the tire and show the owner what his tire changer did,if the owner will not make it right,call the BBB or a local tv station(they love stuff like that,ratings!)don't take it from the tire store,stand up to them.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i would have punched that ass munch right in the cock sucker...

"are you going to cry about it???"

"no... but you're going to bleed for it..."

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

+1 on the knocking the piss out of the owner.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

yeah,that kinda crap doesn't go over well here in the south.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, There are many good opinions here. I would be able to write a letter easily with all my free time Im in a tough situation. If I write a letter, maybe even get a local camera crew there, sit outside (with my ruined DR), or any of the above... I would be hurting the buisness where my cousin works. Hes expecting a baby in November. I would hate to hurt his income with a little one on the way. Ya know?

I still havent called my cousin. I want to, badly. We have BS'ed about the tire changers there being dumb shits. I just want a tire. So I have my street DR's back. Tomorrow I will call him again. If he shows the same attitude his shit head son did, then I will tell him my options. I WILL print off 300 flyers and hand them out all over town in bars and gas stations. WILL write a letter, and hope to get it in our paper. I might even stand outside with my busted tire and a Pepsi in my hand bad mouthing them. After all, Until I get my new job... I have nothing better to do

But then, I feel as I am taking away money from my cousin, who has a baby on the way soon. Theres the catch

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well, There are many good opinions here. I would be able to write a letter easily with all my free time Im in a tough situation. If I write a letter, maybe even get a local camera crew there, sit outside (with my ruined DR), or any of the above... I would be hurting the buisness where my cousin works. Hes expecting a baby in November. I would hate to hurt his income with a little one on the way. Ya know?

I still havent called my cousin. I want to, badly. We have BS'ed about the tire changers there being dumb shits. I just want a tire. So I have my street DR's back. Tomorrow I will call him again. If he shows the same attitude his shit head son did, then I will tell him my options. I WILL print off 300 flyers and hand them out all over town in bars and gas stations. WILL write a letter, and hope to get it in our paper. I might even stand outside with my busted tire and a Pepsi in my hand bad mouthing them. After all, Until I get my new job... I have nothing better to do

But then, I feel as I am taking away money from my cousin, who has a baby on the way soon. Theres the catch
    Coca-Cola is better

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

Hey, if you need any tire/wheel work done, you can bring it to my work. I work for Belle Tire, and I won't F your tire in the A. I've had a lot of experience in the 5 years I've been doing it. Plus, if I do, it comes out of my pocket, or the companies pocket. I work in Warren, so I'm sure its kind of a hike for you.

Was it the bead of the tire that was ripped? The part that seats to the lip of the rim? I have seen it happen, and I have done it before...shit happens, but its still the responsibility of the shop/worker to admit that they screwed it up, and compensate. Usually, if the bead is ripped (depending on how badly), it can still be inflated and driven on normally. In your case, with the racing and all, I would have been the same way in not trusting the integrity of the tire.

Good luck in fucking them over, hopefully all goes well.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

first off... contact the BBB about the douche... let him know you did... and who gives a shit about your cousin?!?!? honestly.. if he is going to butt fuck you are you going to let him get away with it??? if my cousin did that shit to me he'd be in a world of shit... oyu live life for you and no one else... fuck that...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    first off... contact the BBB about the douche... let him know you did... and who gives a shit about your cousin?!?!? honestly.. if he is going to butt fuck you are you going to let him get away with it??? if my cousin did that shit to me he'd be in a world of shit... oyu live life for you and no one else... fuck that...
    read it again man lol his cousin just happens to work for that tire store/company. he didnt do the tire job nor is he involved with the customer service issue. hi po just doesnt wanna detract business away, because it hurts his cousins wallet.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Fuck it. Have your cousin order you a new Nitto tire. Go there when he is working and pull the ole switch a roo! Inventory remains the same.

If your cousin gets caught stealing the tire by the owner before he is able to switch it with your bad tire, pull a Goodfella's. Take the owner's ass out back into the woods and ...............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information