Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Tipping at bars and clubs

Do you guys tip? I stopped tipping when I ask for a bottle of beer. All they do is open the fridge, grab the beer and pop the top and hand it to me. That doesn't seem like doing anything. Am I cheap?

Black
    2000 Firehawk

the waitress types i do cause they could get the wrong beer and then forget to get said beer. but thats just me. and oh yeah karma will get you eventually

I always tip at bars and clubs even if its just for a beer.

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray View Post
    Do you guys tip? I stopped tipping when I ask for a bottle of beer. All they do is open the fridge, grab the beer and pop the top and hand it to me. That doesn't seem like doing anything. Am I cheap?
    Then stay at home and do it yourself. When you're going out you're not just paying for the beer, you're paying for the service. My wife is a bartender. Generally, people tip a buck a drink for a beer like that, sometimes more, sometimes less, but that's pretty normal. You're not the only cheap ass out there that doesn't tip, but most do and it certainly won't make you any more popular to not tip. Then again, if tip enough that the waitstaff remember you, they'll have nice things to say about you should someone ask about you.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Don't be cheap!

You do not have to tip a buck, but 50 cents is good.

I toss a buck if it is busy and the bartender gets to me quick and gets my beer right.
    Plus, if it is really busy, they will make sure you always have a cold one and no waiting.

They have to live and eat too.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Then stay at home and do it yourself. When you're going out you're not just paying for the beer, you're paying for the service. My wife is a bartender. Generally, people tip a buck a drink for a beer like that, sometimes more, sometimes less, but that's pretty normal. You're not the only cheap ass out there that doesn't tip, but most do and it certainly won't make you any more popular to not tip. Then again, if tip enough that the waitstaff remember you, they'll have nice things to say about you should someone ask about you.

um. sorry if im out of line here, but your chick is that hot asian, right?

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    um. sorry if im out of line here, but your chick is that hot asian, right?
    LOL yeah, that's her...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

depends on what im getting.....i usualy buy 2 drinks at a time...one for me one for a friend or the gf...buy rounds....when ordering mix drinks i tip 2 bucks when i order 2 beers only a buck..and if im a regular at this place usualy more

i'm a waiter.. and i hate people that dont tip.. u'll come to find that no one wants to serve you.. adn they dont care if they do a piss poor job.. it wont matter anyways ya know? so yes karma in a sense

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

It's not like I don't tip at all, I tip with any drinks they have to pour. It's not a waitress type thing where you put out an order and they go get it. It's a just a glass front fridge about a foot behind the bar, you point at it and they grab one and hand it to you. But they're just grabbing a bottle of beer out the fridge and handing it to me. I'd grab it out of the fridge if they let me reach over the bar. Upstairs, they sometimes got a cooler full of beers and you just give them a couple bucks and grab one, they don't even have a tip jar. What's a piss poor job of handing someone a beer? They drop it? The cashier at walmart does more service when they have to count out the cash. And it's not that kind of bar where people sit around the bar and talk.
    Last edited by shadegray; 02-20-2007 at 07:51 PM.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    LOL yeah, that's her...

Click for full size

shes really cute.

I have to point out the stark contrast to the family picture in the background, however, and hope it doesnt offend.

i will write it off to the fact that im stuck at home and drunker than usual.

and anyways, I forgot what I was going to say, but it had to do with the tips.

gray
    07 duramax

oh yes, ask her if a good tipper helps her to pour a stouter mixed adult beverage, if you dont mind.

gracias.

I always tip the bartender.

blue
    83 mustang 347

i never tip after rounds. When i pay my tab at the end of the night i tip at least 40% of my tab that way if you are a regular most bartenders will hook you up

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'll tip if i get a second beer. never on my first one; unless I get change back, then it's theirs {i hate carrying change}

i always tip, usually a $1/drink and i tip more as the night goes on usually

Black
    2005 GTO

What I hate the most is when I'm at the club and the girl automaticly assumes she deserves a $1 tip. Thats why I like to have alot of $1 when I go cause if you hand them bitches a $5 or larger they usually keep a buck for themselves. I usually give them a $1 anyways but atleast let me give it to you not just take it.

If I'm at the bar it depends how much or how long i'm gonna be there sometimes I just stop in for like 30min to see some buddys and have a beer and I don't leave a tip. If i'm there for awhile watching a game I'll leave a tip.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

I usually always tip a dollar but sometimes I don't want to. Place is charging $2.50-4.00 a beer when a case isn't any more than $17. It's a rip off. Someone is making some real money. I am not sure what bartenders make an hour but someone should be paying them nice. When the beer prices are low I tip more.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by zbizkit View Post
    I usually always tip a dollar but sometimes I don't want to. Place is charging $2.50-4.00 a beer when a case isn't any more than $17. It's a rip off. Someone is making some real money. I am not sure what bartenders make an hour but someone should be paying them nice. When the beer prices are low I tip more.

Quote Originally Posted by zbizkit View Post
    Wow, around here you will not get a beer for that cheap(at a bar/club). Most places I got to its $8.00 for 1 beer. Cheaper places are $5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information