Time to look for a good daily driver.

I'm switching dorms at my school in the fall so now the cost of my rent to live on campus will be reduced to about a third of what it once was. I'm gonna use the money to purchase either a new or semi new vehicle. I was looking at buying a powerstroke Excursion but that idea went out the window. It is fun driving something that big around but the poor turning radius combined with the difficulty of parking just doesn't make the vehicle something I want to own as a DD (or try to park on campus). I'm looking for something in the micro compact range. The cars in this range are the Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Scion Xb/Xa, and the Honda Fit. The Versa and the Xb are both looking out to be the top choices. The Versa is the best performer and the Xb is just so much of a car for the price. Plus their is already is a large aftermarket out for both cars. Since all the cars listed are pretty new (except the Scions) I don't know much about them besides the specs on the net. The dealers around here carry these cars in limited supply for some reason. I have not really gotten a chance to test drive any of the cars yet. I was wondering has anyone drove any of the cars listed above and if so what is the opinion of the vehicle you drove?

if i HAD to pick one of those it would be the Yaris. there is a guy on the board with a Yaris sedan and brand new he was getting over 40 mpg. i almost bought one to drive 120 miles a day roundtrip to work but bought a 5 speed tacoma instead, cant see myself in any of those mini cars.

White
    2003 Ram 2500

XB all the way

Thread Information