Thread: Ticket

Black
    2005 GTO

Ticket

$111 for not having the correct address on my d/l. WTF $111 thats kinda steep for this. They got me at a so called safety check last night. Whats gay is they have the correct address on file in there computer I just never paid the $25 for a new d/l as I have moved 3 times in the last 4 years and Im cheap. Really I have had 4 moves so really if I had changed my address 4 times it would have cost me $100. So really the ticket is only costing me $11 and I guess I'll get a new d/l since i'm not moving anytime soon. Oh well its my own fault but i'm still pissed that the state makes you pay $25 for a new d/l every time you move.

They also tried giving me crap about my tint and my blacked out tail lights. Both of which are legal. Tint was on the car when I bought it from a dealer, and tail lights meet all requirements according to fl law. I think he was just pissed because I new what the law was and that they were legal so he gave me a ticket for the d/l cause I was and educated car enthusiast. Meanwhile every cop at the stop was checking out the GTO.

Sorry had to rant

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I thought you were allowed to tint your windows/lights in FL. I have a friend who went to UTampa and they never had an issue. Unless the laws changed.

Can't you get a change of address card?

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

it's all about money,dude.sucks for sure.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I thought you were allowed to tint your windows/lights in FL. I have a friend who went to UTampa and they never had an issue. Unless the laws changed.
    You are allowed to tint your windows not sure the exact legal limit but I know mine are legal. Lights are tricky the law says they must be visible from 300ft in the daytime. At the same time there is another statue buried in there that also says "All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop light or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber." So its kinda tricky yes mine are visible from 300ft but at the same time is the light really red? I think so but and officer could still probably write me a ticket if he wants to be a dick. I've had tinted tails for 7 years now in fl and have been pulled over several times and never once ticket or even had an officer say anything about them until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Can't you get a change of address card?
    I changed my address with the dmv when I moved. The states computer has my current address on file my registration, voters registration, insurance, police summons(long story there) all come to this address . Its just my physical d/l that has my old address on it, in which I have to pay $25 to get a new one with the current address.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

My guess would be its like here. The county is hurting for cash and is pressuring their cops to enforce laws that they normally dont or they have enacted new laws to get more money.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    My guess would be its like here. The county is hurting for cash and is pressuring their cops to enforce laws that they normally dont or they have enacted new laws to get more money.
    Yep, it's absolutely this.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yep, it's absolutely this.
    Yep here it use to be they would just suspend your license for a unpaid speeding ticket now they are arresting people over them.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    You are allowed to tint your windows not sure the exact legal limit but I know mine are legal. Lights are tricky the law says they must be visible from 300ft in the daytime. At the same time there is another statue buried in there that also says "All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop light or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber." So its kinda tricky yes mine are visible from 300ft but at the same time is the light really red? I think so but and officer could still probably write me a ticket if he wants to be a dick. I've had tinted tails for 7 years now in fl and have been pulled over several times and never once ticket or even had an officer say anything about them until now.

I changed my address with the dmv when I moved. The states computer has my current address on file my registration, voters registration, insurance, police summons(long story there) all come to this address . Its just my physical d/l that has my old address on it, in which I have to pay $25 to get a new one with the current address.
    In PA you get a change of address card to keep with your drivers license... I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost anything for the card.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    In PA you get a change of address card to keep with your drivers license... I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost anything for the card.
    I don't think fl has anything like that. You can change it online for free and also order a new d/l at a cost of $25 but no suck card like PA. I just think its dumb to have pay for a new d/l every time you move. For some its no big deal they only move a few times in a lifetime. I have had my address change 4 times in the last 4 years so thats $100 for new d/l's. I know thats the legal and right way but everywhere i have lived in the last four years I knew would not be permanent(would not be there more than a year) so why pay $25 just to pay $25 in another year.

I think most of you are right its all about the money. The local county sheriffs office is broke as shit had to let people go and downsize just to make budget and are still broke. This is going to come off kinda bad but I'm glad I'm not black cause those cops were profiling like crazy. The 3 black people that were stopped with me, 1 got a dui test, the other two were pulled out of there cars and the cars got searched by dogs. I think some people got it worse than I that night.

wisconsin has a sticky card you put on the back of your liscence when you move

Thread Information