Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the thread without a topic for today

I have to work on Zach's bike. I bought him a little 89 K-100 from the neighbor last year. It's actually in really good shape. He had done the clutch but didn't order springs for it until after he had already done the clutch so I have springs....just need to put them in. It also has an electrical problem to the handle bars. The lights and key aren't getting any power. The kill switch on the handle bars works but the key doesn't do anything. It's not like we even need the key but I would like to get him some lights on it in case he wants to ride it at night. Pulled the turn signals and brake light already. I would just put a light on it and get rid of the key altogether but it's a 6v system and I'd rather do a 12v. Thinking about just sticking a 12v battery in it and hooking up an LED spot for the headlight. Only problem with doing it that way is I would.....I'm sorry....he would have to hook it up to the battery charger after riding it. I would imagine though that just a single LED spot on a 12V battery would last quite a while before it needed charging. The flip side is I can probably trace it down and figure out why it isn't getting power. No battery in it so it's running off the coil. Just start there and chase power until it stops. Like I say though....we don't need anything but a light so he can tool around at night on it......or I can.

This is last fall when he learned to ride it for the first time. Almost cracked his face smiling so much. Shitting in high cotton as dad used to say. He has a bike and a quad. I had neither growing up. Re-living my youth through him I guess.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Dude...I had that same helmet when I was a kid...thats crazy. Literally the exact same one.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

he broke the visor on it.....not from crashing.....from ramming into shit with it like a wrecking ball He's due up for a new helmet. Probably get all the kids new helmets this spring. They all spend a lot of time riding during the summer. Going to get Pickle started on the powerwheel quad this spring. He's going to ride earlier than either of the other 2. My daughter rides our small quad and we have an electric razor dirt bike she rides too but she's about getting too big for that one. She rides the polaris but it's too much quad for her so I have to keep an eye on her when she's on that.

Black / White

Mine still has the visor on it some how. Mine is sitting on a shelf in the garage right now actually...never got rid of it. We're thinking about moving and the house we're looking at has a couple of acres but behind it is about 50 acres of nothing but woods, a creek, and a pond and its all owned by the neighborhood and will never be developed so I'm pretty excited about being able to ride again without having to haul my bike to a track or trail place.

I already walked a lot of it to see how easily I could make some trails and the trees are spaced out enough that it wont be an issue.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I recommend elbow and knee guards. It didn't take long for me to get them riding off road. I had a KDX200. Fun, fun times. Proud member of over the bars club.

I saw this meme the other day. Something along the lines of"you want your kids to stay off drugs, introduce them to racing."

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I recommend elbow and knee guards. It didn't take long for me to get them riding off road. I had a KDX200. Fun, fun times. Proud member of over the bars club.

I saw this meme the other day. Something along the lines of"you want your kids to stay off drugs, introduce them to racing."
    I prefer the Nugent mantra: "Teach your kids to hunt so you don't have to hunt for your kids."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

I saw the same meme...if you introduce them to racing, they'll never have money for drugs
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

98 Formula
    06 duramax

they're starting to get where they're riding bigger and faster stuff so I'll have to start cracking down on gear. Their heads is my main concern. Skin marks and broke bones heal and teach lessons.....a busted up noggin doesn't.

Little razor bike. This is actually pretty bad ass for an electric bike. My brother's neighbor gave this to us. No way I could pass it up.

Black / White

My first bike was a Honda XR80 when I was like 7 or 8. I then jumped to a 150 a couple of years after that. Next jump was a CR 250 2 stroke and I started racing and owned a few other 2XX bikes. Currently have a YZF 450 and its a freaking beast...torque monster from hell.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

At some point I'd like to have a big 2 stroke bike. Doubt it'll ever happen though. I just know how I am and it just wouldn't be a good thing to have around. I ride the quad every now and then and it's enough to play on without much risk of kiling myself. It's a polaris scrambler 500 4x4. It'll scoot along pretty good. My neighbor had 600R raptor until he sold it last year. That thing was a blast. He had a ton of stuff done to it and it hauled ass. Matter of time before I'd hurt myself on something like that though.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    At some point I'd like to have a big 2 stroke bike. Doubt it'll ever happen though. I just know how I am and it just wouldn't be a good thing to have around. I ride the quad every now and then and it's enough to play on without much risk of kiling myself. It's a polaris scrambler 500 4x4. It'll scoot along pretty good. My neighbor had 600R raptor until he sold it last year. That thing was a blast. He had a ton of stuff done to it and it hauled ass. Matter of time before I'd hurt myself on something like that though.
    My last quad was a 400ex. Loved that freaking thing...my wife always complains about not having a quad anymore because its a PITA for her to ride on the back of my dirtbike...its not really made for 2 people plus it kind of scares her lol its loud and stupid fast.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Off road riding is so much fun. I have a 07 crf450r that has been hard starting lately. The timing chain is stretched. Valve train looks good. But it looks like the rings might be bad. Have some serious digging to do. Was thinking about getting into ATVs as there are a lot of places/trails in WI that don't allow offroad bikes but allow ATVs.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-11-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

we just had a ATV park open up around us this past yr. I kinda want to get one to ride again.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

some of those quads are crazy fast. That 600R would pull the tires in the first 3 gears. Granted....he had a lot done to it but even stock they're pretty damn fast. The one we have is about perfect for us. I wanted a 4 stroke just because there's less headaches that come with them and I wanted 4x4 because in the snow that's the only way to go. It's not really geared for work as much as it is for play....it's more of a sport quad. When my neighbor sold his raptor he bought one just like mine because he liked it so much. Just a good versatile quad and polaris makes pretty decent stuff.

Arctic White, red/gray

some of those quads are crazy fast. That 600R would pull the tires in the first 3 gears. Granted....he had a lot done to it but even stock they're pretty damn fast. The one we have is about perfect for us. I wanted a 4 stroke just because there's less headaches that come with them and I wanted 4x4 because in the snow that's the only way to go. It's not really geared for work as much as it is for play....it's more of a sport quad. When my neighbor sold his raptor he bought one just like mine because he liked it so much. Just a good versatile quad and polaris makes pretty decent stuff.
    Some people really like raptors and some people say they have turned into an old persons sport quad. Those are usually yfz 450r riders, who consider themselves to be the hardcore yamaha racers.

There are pros and cons to both 4 strokes and 2.

As for sport quads in the snow last year at an ice fishing party a guy rolled up ona sport quad with front skis and paddle tires in the rear. It looks like he was doing decent in the snow, 10-18 inches probably.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

since it's a thread without a topic I'll drift it a little bit. I was at wally world last week and a guy was in the parking lot there running a gas RC car. Man.....that thing was screaming across the parking lot. I have no idea how fast it was going but it looked like 50-60mph. Got me to thinking that Zach may need one of those on his bday this year for us to play with in the yard. Would need something off road because I'm not driving to a parking lot every time we want to run it. Just looked like a lot of fun. I see them every now and then for $300-$400.

Black / White

since it's a thread without a topic I'll drift it a little bit. I was at wally world last week and a guy was in the parking lot there running a gas RC car. Man.....that thing was screaming across the parking lot. I have no idea how fast it was going but it looked like 50-60mph. Got me to thinking that Zach may need one of those on his bday this year for us to play with in the yard. Would need something off road because I'm not driving to a parking lot every time we want to run it. Just looked like a lot of fun. I see them every now and then for $300-$400.
    You need to get him a Tmaxx...great little ready to run truck.

I used to race those too haha I did all kinds of stuff when I was a kid...I still have some cars in the garage right now. I have an 1/8 scale buggy, my original Tmaxx, and my nitro TC3. The TC3 was clocked at 72mph in a Kmart parking lot a longggggggg time ago. That car was and still is an absolute handful.

Navy Blue Metallic

They come in gas and electric. They are also very cool in that they can teach kids mechanics of maintaining a vehicle on a small scale. But there can also be some sticker shock on parts.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Some people really like raptors and some people say they have turned into an old persons sport quad. Those are usually yfz 450r riders, who consider themselves to be the hardcore yamaha racers.

There are pros and cons to both 4 strokes and 2.

As for sport quads in the snow last year at an ice fishing party a guy rolled up ona sport quad with front skis and paddle tires in the rear. It looks like he was doing decent in the snow, 10-18 inches probably.
    the ski's and paddle tires are probably the biggest reason for that......2 wheel drive is generally not that great in the snow. We don't really get enough snow here to justify all that for just a couple play days in the snow. The 4x4 however can be turned off and on as needed. This spring me and Zach are taking them to some trails to play on. My neighbor has some family with land that has trails on it. I told him I'll haul the camper and he can trailer the quads and bike down. Make a weekend of it. I'll definitely need new tires on the quad before then. These are shot but they're easier on the yard so I haven't really been in a hurry to buy new ones.

Arctic White, red/gray

I love making a weekend out of riding. I get so excited the work week DRAGSSSSSSSSSS. Which is why I am thinking about a ATV. First of all the crf450r is a race bike, it has liquid cooling but no fan and these high comp 450s run hot. That means no sitting with the engine on for more than 5 minutes. And when you shut the engine off that means you have to kick start a hot high comp single piston..... which can suck after doing it 10+times in a day. And I am not really interested anymore in closed course racing. I mean it is still fun but after trail riding a bit this last season I really enjoy it. The big reason though is that my friends went to two places last year that didn't allow offroad bikes. The camped and rode every day and I missed it because of no ATV.

As for the skis/paddles yes that was definately the reason he could go through the snow. I just thought it was cool to actually see it in action. Its not like he was keeping up with snow mobiles or anything but he was going through the snow. He told me the skis were only 130 bucks and bolted up to his hubs.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information