Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOOSTD

Thinking about selling my SS

I've been considering doing this for the past few months now. Gas prices are getting way too high for a college student like myself to pay for all of the gas that my car eats.

I'm looking into trading it for a 2006 VW Rabbit. Does anyone know much about these cars? I know VW is a very good company, so I can only assume that the rabbit is going to be a failry good car as well.

Info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If I had a choice, I wouldnt sell my SS. Unfortunatly, gas prices dont seem to be going down anytime soon and paying $50 a week for gas is just insane for someone like me.

thanks for the input.
    BOOSTD

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i really dislike vw's my wife had one and it had 37k miles and things kept going wrong with it, of course after the warenty was up, also if you see an vw' from 99- present check the head light when they are coming at you down the road you will see the pass side out all the time for some reason. if you get one good luck.

NBM
    99 TA

i wouldn't buy one... most of my friends drive them and there always seems to be something wrong with them. my gf had a 2000 golf in HS and the thing had less than 20,000km on it and shit was breaking on it

make sure you get a good warranty

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by BOOSTD View Post
    I've been considering doing this for the past few months now. Gas prices are getting way too high for a college student like myself to pay for all of the gas that my car eats.

I'm looking into trading it for a 2006 VW Rabbit. Does anyone know much about these cars? I know VW is a very good company, so I can only assume that the rabbit is going to be a failry good car as well.

Info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If I had a choice, I wouldnt sell my SS. Unfortunatly, gas prices dont seem to be going down anytime soon and paying $50 a week for gas is just insane for someone like me.

thanks for the input.
    BOOSTD

Your getting rid of the SS for an VWrabbit?
    buy a 89 tempo or a 90's ford toarus and put the ss up for the weekends come on man this ls1.com

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Don't get a VW. Lousy made.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

My Son went to UTI and they said VW's had the highest rate of repair.

red
    '90 5.0 LX

Don't do it.......everyone I know w/ a VW has problems with them. Get a beater that's decent on gas and keep your SS. You will regret getting rid of it if you do. But in the end, you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck w/ your decision.

i like the GTI's myself and im in the same boat as you trying to find something better on gas. after reasearching on various sites ive changed my mind. Check epinions. com for good reviews. Was also contemplating a Jetta TDI - its turbo diesel and gets close to 50 MPG never owned a VW though so ill prob. pass but it sure is tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Your getting rid of the SS for an VWrabbit?
    buy a 89 tempo or a 90's ford toarus and put the ss up for the weekends come on man this ls1.com

Yeah because people usually want to waste a couple of grand on a uncomfortable beater that your really rolling the dice on buying hoping it will last more than a year or little things that break on it do not add up.

Anyways the the orginal thread starter have you thought about a honda? We just got an 06 for 13k with less than 20k on the dash and a bitching warranty.

VW is okay, but there are better gas savers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    i wouldn't buy one... most of my friends drive them and there always seems to be something wrong with them.
    My experience as well.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Yeah because people usually want to waste a couple of grand on a uncomfortable beater that your really rolling the dice on buying hoping it will last more than a year or little things that break on it do not add up.

Anyways the the orginal thread starter have you thought about a honda? We just got an 06 for 13k with less than 20k on the dash and a bitching warranty.

VW is okay, but there are better gas savers out there.

They can be quite comfortable and if serviced right can last a long time, a friend of mine just bought a 2000 ford tuarus for $3000, if he gets rid of the SS HE WILL REGRET IT, trust me been there done that.

They can be quite comfortable and if serviced right can last a long time, a friend of mine just bought a 2000 ford tuarus for $3000, if he gets rid of the SS HE WILL REGRET IT, trust me been there done that.

I see you missed yours so much you bought a cobra

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

VW= Junk! I will never own another one! They break all the time and they are VERY expensive to fix! Think, BMW cost but Kia quality or what not... AVOID!!! If you want something good on gas, get a Cobalt SS or something... I just drive a little less now until I can get a little beater, I'll drive it in the winter too...

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Gas skip if you can. I've done it before with no problems. Just leave the nozzle on the ground instead of hanging it up or position it to where it looks like it is hung up but isn't (kind of like a phone off the hook), use an old license plate out of the dumpster, etc. Just be creative if you've got the balls and abnormal morals.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Gas skip if you can. I've done it before with no problems. Just leave the nozzle on the ground instead of hanging it up or position it to where it looks like it is hung up but isn't (kind of like a phone off the hook), use an old license plate out of the dumpster, etc. Just be creative if you've got the balls and abnormal morals.

are the fine of up to 10k, and loss of D.L up to 3 years plus losing your vehicle to the court or paying a huge fee to get it back worth 30$ risk?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Yeah we did that back in the day when I was a teenager... Young and dumb.... Long before the laws were strict...

I don't recommend that nowdays....

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Just a thought. Sure, you can get caught, and if you do you might as well kill yourself, lol. BUT, if you're smart about it and don't get caught, gas is free. I personally pay for my gas because I only spend like $35 per month on it. If gas went to $4 or $6 a gallon you bet your ass I'd learn how to skip without getting caught. Of course by then all the pumps would be "pre-pay only".

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I see you missed yours so much you bought a cobra
    Cobra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever the hell your drivin

Cobra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever the hell your drivin
    You might have an argument if it was not a 98.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

You might have an argument if it was not a 98.
    And what do you drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information