Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

thinking about getting rid of the goat...

Just kinda thinking about it. I want a new truck. It's a good time to buy a truck and if I bought a new truck that would open up 2 spots in the parking lot I call a driveway because I would get rid of the gto and sell my current truck. Tough call. I like the gto a lot.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

you always got the formula. Which one is faster, and which one do you like better

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    you always got the formula. Which one is faster, and which one do you like better
    the formula is never going anywhere. It's my play car and it's paid for just like my current truck and it's over a second quicker than the gto in the 1320. The truck I have now is a lifted gmc sonoma highrider which has been a great truck. It has bucket seats and a standard cab so if I want to take the kids camping I have to take the wifes durango which is fine except she bitches if I drag muddy boots in there. I also want a v8 truck this time around. I have the 4.3 in the sonoma and it'll pull my camper fine but going up and down hills a v8 would be nice. The brakes also leave a lot to be desired when I have the camper hooked up. That camper is actually borderline being to much for that truck. I just want room and power more than anything else though.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The hard part....the the market for that particular car.

If you decide too....best of luck!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Tough call then it would seem. But, you'll get it figured out

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the formula is never going anywhere. It's my play car and it's paid for just like my current truck and it's over a second quicker than the gto in the 1320. The truck I have now is a lifted gmc sonoma highrider which has been a great truck. It has bucket seats and a standard cab so if I want to take the kids camping I have to take the wifes durango which is fine except she bitches if I drag muddy boots in there. I also want a v8 truck this time around. I have the 4.3 in the sonoma and it'll pull my camper fine but going up and down hills a v8 would be nice. The brakes also leave a lot to be desired when I have the camper hooked up. That camper is actually borderline being to much for that truck. I just want room and power more than anything else though.
    v6 pickups are scary with a heavy haul to pull. decision seems pretty easy then

what does the formula run anyways. Always really liked the look of them

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

New Truck... GTO's are nice but this is a very good time to buy a truck,

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

The 09 colorado/canyon has the 5.3 as an option now...that's if you want to stick with a smaller pickup.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    The 09 colorado/canyon has the 5.3 as an option now...that's if you want to stick with a smaller pickup.
    That must be interesting. My buddy had a canyon with the 5 cyl and good god was that thing a turd. Probably hauls ass with the v8 though.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    v6 pickups are scary with a heavy haul to pull. decision seems pretty easy then

what does the formula run anyways. Always really liked the look of them
    the best I've gotten out of it is a 12.10 but it has more in it than that.....needs a driver mod.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The hard part....the the market for that particular car.

If you decide too....best of luck!
    I'd be fine with it I think. Even as unpopular as the 04's were trucks are even more unpopular at the moment and the dealerships are hurting bad right now. I got a great deal on the gto when I bought it and that'll help some too because I'll carry positive equity into the deal. Plus it's yellow and I have the 05 hood.
    I'm not dead set on making the swap for a truck, just something that's been running through my head. I know when I went from the truck to the GTO it as nice going from a rough riding truck to a nice riding car. I would miss the ride I think.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

I like my tacoma, they have a new color, dark brown that looks awesome.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

The new silverado's are badass. My F-150 is a champ though I have to admit. I ride it long and hard (thats what she said). I say look into a truck as you can find some killer deals. 08 F-150 Supercrew's come with a 7k cash back deal.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

what kind of stuff do you want out of a new truck? id like to have one to but i want a diesal

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    what kind of stuff do you want out of a new truck? id like to have one to but i want a diesal
    diesel's are nice but I'd rather have a gas burner. Diesel is usually more expensive than gas and tempermental in the winter time not to mention it stinks like hell. I'd like to have the low end torque a diesel makes but the rest of it is not very appealing to me.
    I like the dodge styling wise but my brother has had 2 dodge trucks back to back and both had rearend issues. We bought a durango for my wife 2 years ago and the pinion seal was leaking on that out of the box. The durango has been a pretty good vehicle in general but the dodge rearend's kinda scare me. Toyota builds a big sturdy truck but I think they're ugly as hell. Ford is out of the question. GM's are pricey and lack in the interior department but I'm familiar with the engines. I'm going to look at dodge and gm and see which one I'd rather have. If it weren't for the rearend deal I'd probably be set on a dodge because I like the looks of them and you get a lot of truck for the money.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Build a bigger driveway.....

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Just get a newer used z71 with a 5.3 in it. nice lookin, nice riding, and alright gas mileage for a truck, around 18-20 on highway.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Just get a newer used z71 with a 5.3 in it. nice lookin, nice riding, and alright gas mileage for a truck, around 18-20 on highway.
    I'd really like to have the 6.0L. I'm not worried about gas mileage. I don't put enough miles on my cars a week to be worried about gas mileage. I will get a low mileage year old truck though. I bought the GTO a year old with 150 miles on it and saved $10k over what it was stickered. I'll look for an 07 or 08 with less than 10k on it. I'm also going to look and see what kind of deal I can get on a brand new one too and compare the 2. If you're only talking a few grand then the new one makes more sense.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Build a bigger driveway.....
    my driveway's pretty big now. I can fit maybe 10 cars in it. That doesn't mean I want 10 cars sitting there though. I already have 4 plus a boat and a camper. I'm adding a car trailer this spring. Approaching junk yard status.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the new silverados have badass interiors from what i've seen. I'd agree the interiors in models prior were worse then garbage though.

Its a shame you wouldn't even consider a ford because the f150 is one hell of a truck. Excellent reliability too. But I understand brand loyalty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information