Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Question Thinking about buying a 90-93 Mustang GT. (help)

I want something "fast" and cheap (I already have a bike). I came across a couple Fox bodies that have been built up pretty well, but even with the mods I'm not sure just what kind of performance to expect. I've never been a Ford fan but I've always wanted one of these for some reason. Maybe it was the Vanilla Ice video Anyhooo, take a look at the links and let me know whatchoo think. Thanks!!

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/...howtopic=54142
    1990 LX 5.0

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/...howtopic=51673

1993 LX 5.0

Last edited by nitrox28; 03-27-2010 at 08:10 PM.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

link fail

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Don't look like a queer, get an lx instead. Also, put the pics on photobucket, i'm not registering to see them

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I want one too, can't find any that are in fairly ok condition though.

And if you do so happen to find one, please get the GT (the one with the body kit), stay away from the ugly LX and notchback, especially the notchback, yuck.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Shit. Didn't know you had to register. I'll have them up in a sec. In the meantime:

---1990 LX 5.0---
    90 Foxbody= Hatch LX
    (video) http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/t...rrent=gfox.flv
    5.0- trickflow upper and lower intake,Longtube headers,accel plug wires,good sounding cam,holley throttle body,CAI,H-pipe,Flowmasters,Some more stuff im missing but you get the idea.
    5Speed- Good clutch and shiftes really smooth
    body- its all good as far as paint really clean, its been painted since new but its the original teal green. No dents or scratches, its pretty clean. The interior is all there accept for the radio, Its got the factory mustang mats, its real good shape no tears or cracks.

its a good car and runs good to, im writing this in a hurry so if you wana know anything pm me. I will add pics later today. Im asking $4,000 best deal on a fox on here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---1993 Mustang LX 5.0---
    I'm thinking about selling my car. It's a 1993 Mustang LX 5.0 5 speed. Motor has just recently been completed. The motor doesn't have but about 10 miles since it was built. The motor is a 331 stroker. The transmission is a stock T5, that doesn't have but a few thousand miles on it, and the clutch is a Ram HD with about 10 miles on it. The car has Cobra wheels on it again. It's blue in color.

Martin and Eric done some tuning on it a few weeks back.

It has a new water pump, oil pump, distributor cap, rotor button, plug wires, plugs, wheel bearings up front, brakes are in good shape, front tires are 245/45-17 with about 75% tread left, and the rears are 275/40-17 with brand new tires. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, so just ask. I have spent well over $4000.00 on this car in the last year, probably more.

Has BBK shorties with h-pipe and Flowmaster mufflers, no tail pipes.

Heads: Edelbrock Performer RPM Cylinder Head, Performer RPM, Aluminum, Assembled, 60cc Chamber, 170cc Intake Runner, Ford

Cam: COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Camshafts
    Camshaft, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 282/ 290, Lift .565/ .574, Ford, Small Block, Each

Rocker arms: Crane 1.7 roller rockers

Lifters: M-6500-R302** 302 (5.0L) EFI Small block Hydraulic. Roller tappet OEM replacement.

The motor has forged pistons, cast crank, and I beam rods. It has ARP rod bolts, head bolts, and intake bolts.

Block work: Hi Tech Racing. .30 over bore

Intake: Part Number: PFS-54021 Professional Products Typhoon
    Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck
    Injection Style: Multi-port
    Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,500-6,500
    Throttle Body Bore Diameter: 70mm

Mass Air Meter: PRO-M Mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm

Fuel injectors: 24lb injectors

Throttle body: BBK throttle body 75mm, Part Number: BBK-1503

Transmission: Stock T5 with a B&M Ripper shifter. Very low mileage (was bought new just before I bought the car)

Rear end: 3.73 gears

Electronics: MSD coil, 6al box

Has a fender mount cold air intake, underdrive pullys, and dual electric fans. Kyspeed put the motor togther, and Fastlx did all the other assymbly, and Kinney3809 put the T5 in it. They know the car well and have spent alot of time working on it. The headlights have been changed also and are clear, (not like in the pics) If you need to know anything else, just ask. Thanks for looking.

NEW PRICE: $5500
    Last edited by nitrox28; 03-27-2010 at 07:59 PM.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

top one is a 14 second car
    bottom one is maybe a 12 second car if its running right.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for! THANKS!

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

fox body mustangs are hard to find in decent shape,if you find one that has been modded and doesn't have subframe connectors,expect problems,they are worst about body flex than f-body cars.in fact starting in 99 ford installed subframe connectors from the factory on v8 vert mustangs.

First one should be knocking on the 12s with a tire and the second one should be knocking on the 11s with a tire.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

That 93 is very clean. If the 331 was built properly and all the work done is good, thats the car to get. The key with these cars is to buy the CLEANEST one you can find for the money you can spend, it saves A LOT of work for yourself and maximizes the time you spend having fun driving it. A built 331 is a BLAST to drive

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Ps. that 331 is gonna grenade that t5 lol

White
    1999 Transam WS6

they sound sweet... buy a notch if you can.. lightest and most rigid chassis of them all.

here's a video that I took of my friend's notch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_VExShBa8[/ame]

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    I want something "fast" and cheap (I already have a bike). I came across a couple Fox bodies that have been built up pretty well, but even with the mods I'm not sure just what kind of performance to expect. I've never been a Ford fan but I've always wanted one of these for some reason. Maybe it was the Vanilla Ice video Anyhooo, take a look at the links and let me know whatchoo think. Thanks!!

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/...howtopic=54142
    1990 LX 5.0

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/...howtopic=51673

1993 LX 5.0

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Then why are you looking at fords,mustangs in particular. we all know they are not that fast,and don't hook worth a damn. And to make them fast and hook will cost a fortune, fords are the most expensive to get HP from. Why don't you look for a 2nd gen with a 350 and build that up?

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Ps. that 331 is gonna grenade that t5 lol
    LOL X10

I was reading and i was like oh 331 oh cam, heads, bored, gears, good tires, and a look at stock t-5....oooh..no.

silver
    2002 ws6

they're cool old cars, but really they're just a cheap old rattle can. shitty to drive.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Then why are you looking at fords,mustangs in particular. we all know they are not that fast,and don't hook worth a damn. And to make them fast and hook will cost a fortune, fords are the most expensive to get HP from. Why don't you look for a 2nd gen with a 350 and build that up?
    where the heck are you getting your info from? My car hooks hard as hell with my control arms and subframe connectors.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I'm partial to LX hatches myself. I love the looks.

They aren't "shitty" to drive. But like I stated before, they are a rough COMMUTER car if you are driving longer then 30 minutes to work and you have things like 2 chamber flows, heads, a cam etc. I do it everyday and im going deaf from all the noise lol The ride quality, handling, etc are great though. Its just the noise thats fatiguing. My car has leather seats that are comfy as hell

Impounded
    gmcheviac

where the heck are you getting your info from? My car hooks hard as hell with my control arms and subframe connectors.
    +1, da hell. I like notches. Business like go fast car. No whiz bangs or ball ticklers.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

My car has leather seats that are comfy as hell
    +1 An old friend of mine had a '94 GT with factory leather seats that were very comfortable! With the OR X or H (can't remember) and 1 chamber flows, it was loud as hell. BUT, the seats were comfy, until he started in the corners. Then you'd be sliding all around. Coulda been because he kept the car clean at all times, and was constantly putting that leather cleaner on it

And for a little input. The few bolt-ons he put on his GT, it seemed like the car never responded that well. OR mid pipe (like i said, can't remember), put 2 chambers on, then switched to 1 chambers, some kind of TB, K&N CAI, and 3.73s. Had a few more things, just can't remember, but the gears did the most good for it. With all these mods, the car still wouldn't pull from a stock '94 formula with an 80 series flowmaster. Out of the hole, 25mph roll, 40mph roll, the LT1 would always edge it out.

BUT, you couldn't beat the sound of the 5.0L. He put money into a new paint-job, chrome cobra Rs with new tires, lowering springs/shocks, and never put money into the suspension (SFC, CAs, etc.) or longblock. Plus he dogged the heck outta the car since day 1. Wasn't long before the car was puffing blue out of the tail-pipes. Probably a very good reason why the car never responded well to mods and never ran well beside the LT1

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Bottom LX gets my nod. If I were to buy a Fox, it would be an LX hatch or notch if not a 93 SVT Cobra.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information