Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Think the Nissan GTR is Awesome? You're wrong

Japanese GT-Rs are speed-limited for the street: As has been widely reported, unless it's driven on a preapproved racetrack, a stock Japanese-spec GT-R is limited to 180 kph (111.8 mph) with the factory settings. GPS sensors in the navigation system track vehicle position and communicate with the ECU. Try to exceed 180 kph, and a warning light will appear on the instrument panel. Only shutting the car off and restarting it will get the light to disappear.

But can be run all-out at the track: Running a GT-R at the track requires scrolling through menus in the on-board computer and selecting the racetrack option that bypasses the speed limiter. Only then can the car be run to its full potential.

Though it'll cost you: Once the track day is over, owners who have run their GT-Rs over the speed limit are required to take them to a preapproved Nissan High Performance Center for a safety check. Failure to perform this $1000 service will void the factory warranty.

As for the wheel and tire rumor: That the factory wheels cannot be removed without sending an error code to the ECU, MINE'S has proven this myth wrong. It's been able to take off wheels, rotate them, and even change to higher-performance, non-run-flat tires. It did have to take the wheels to the Nissan dealership to get the job done at great expense; MINE'S ended up paying about $230 per wheel in labor.

Putting aftermarket rims on a GT-R is a different story: Because of a sensor located near the valve stem in each wheel, it isn't possible for the car to run on aftermarket rims without throwing an error code. All blinged-out GT-Rs at Auto Salon got there on stockers and only then were the shoes changed.

Some mild mods are possible: MINE'S has modified the exhaust system and a replacement air-filter element, both of which have reportedly made substantial extra power. It's also upgraded the brake rotors and switched to GT-R's suspension system to a coil-over system with no ECU problems.

But not all: MINE'S has tried replacing the factory air box and intake system with a high-flow cone-style system, but found its car will not run right. Raising the boost pressure on the twin turbos, a common way to increase power, also triggered errors in the extremely sensitive ECU.

This is For all the GTR Nut swingers around the world,They can now suck me off as I laugh in there face when they thought this car was some chariot of god himself and could do no wrong

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    This is For all the GTR Nut swingers around the world,They can now suck me off as I laugh in there face when they thought this car was some chariot of god himself and could do no wrong
    ouch all that info definitly SUCKS..that article WAS for a japenese spec gtr though wasnt it??? definitly would hurt sales considerably if it came stateside with all that same bullshit

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    ouch all that info definitly SUCKS..that article WAS for a japenese spec gtr though wasnt it??? definitly would hurt sales considerably if it came stateside with all that same bullshit
    Trying to find out.... I might end up eating my words

Japanese

Definitely

lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Trying to find out.... I might end up eating my words

Japanese

Definitely

lol
    and the Jap spec is usually waaay better than american... so it will more than likely be further de-tuned and shitted up upon reaching our shores and the ones build here will be uber fucked...

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    and the Jap spec is usually waaay better than american... so it will more than likely be further de-tuned and shitted up upon reaching our shores and the ones build here will be uber fucked...

It really kills me how import guys where jumping on this fucking thing like its the next supra saying the corvette is a POS. HELLO McFLY! ITS A NISSAN! its not going to be perfect or cheap

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

It really kills me how import guys where jumping on this fucking thing like its the next supra saying the corvette is a POS. HELLO McFLY! ITS A NISSAN! its not going to be perfect or cheap
    no... it will probably cost about 55k... servicing is going to cost a shit load... parts that break forget about it...

pewter

i heard the est cost is 80k .......a c6z06 will eat it fucking silly

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

i heard the est cost is 80k .......a c6z06 will eat it fucking silly
    Ditto on that price, I heard the same, I also know that dealer markup is going to be crazy

pewter

from what i understand 480 hp a twin turbo 6 banger..close to 4000 lb's awd .....and somhow these fast n furious homos keep posting how it ran faster than a c6z06 on that german track..nurmburg or somthing........i have a hard time seeing how this is even remotly possible with those specs.......nissan cheated if its true and turned up boost dramaticly....if they get to do that we get to throw turbos on our 427 .........with awd drivetrain loss its only putting 360-380hp to the wheels with 22-25 percent loss ........a STOCK ls1 fbody should keep up with it once traction isnt an issue

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

from what i understand 480 hp a twin turbo 6 banger..close to 4000 lb's awd .....and somhow these fast n furious homos keep posting how it ran faster than a c6z06 on that german track..nurmburg or somthing........i have a hard time seeing how this is even remotly possible with those specs.......nissan cheated if its true and turned up boost dramaticly....if they get to do that we get to throw turbos on our 427 .........with awd drivetrain loss its only putting 360-380hp to the wheels with 22-25 percent loss ........a STOCK ls1 fbody should keep up with it once traction isnt an issue
    The hp figured COULD be underrate like a SRT-4 Neon.. Also theres no "Official" lap really on the ring so... thats a non issue.

pewter

would be the FIRST japenese car to be underrated that i can think of off the top of my head.......can u think of one?? ......if anything there usually overrated

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Fuck that junk car. Ricers are retards, C6 Z06 or the ZR1 shouldn't have a problem putting that homo crap to shame. Damn....the world we live in these days.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Wasn't concerned about it anyways....

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wasn't concerned about it anyways....
    you where too busy not using Zaino

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Good find Blitzed, made my day

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I like this post, I like it alot.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

a stock Japanese-spec GT-R is limited to 180 kph (111.8 mph) with the factory settings.
    LOL LOL I WONDER WHY???

[Han]
    Police cars here are only factory tuned. If you can do better than 180K they can't catch you, so they don't even try.
    [/Han]

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

you where too busy not using Zaino
    Car should look good...seeing as how it is slow...

"2MPH so everyone can see you"
    That applies to me. Just that I don't do it on purpose.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

There are major said nutswingers here esp. with the TT Supra's and Skyline's that are imported from the land of the rising sun.

None of you guys ever mention that you have these cars running around on your streets.

Do the USA have laws that stop the imports from happening?

BTW many 4th gen f-body's had governers from the factory as well....

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    LOL LOL I WONDER WHY???

[Han]
    Police cars here are only factory tuned. If you can do better than 180K they can't catch you, so they don't even try.
    [/Han]
    [Han] What do I look like?, A Zebra![/Han]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information