Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Think cell phone companies can scam you?

I am starting to think they can and do!

I am one jewish bastard when it comes to phone use, yet I still go over my minutes and texts? Ok. Last month, maybe I did. I got raped with a $175 phone bill, so my ass was pretty sore from that one, so I learned my lesson.

Ive aksed people to not text me as much nor have I sent out texts....

Well, somehow I managed to go over 400 txts on my new bill. How the fuck can that happen? I even have the texts logged in my phone...

Now I have a $200 phone bill. Something isnt adding up...

I called them and got a credit of half my overage (my text overage charge was $87; .20 per text). However, I still cant fathom how I can get raped like this again..

Seriously, if they say you went over minutes, KB, texts, how can you prove that you didnt? Can you really cause an uproar?

Its like they weasel you into one of those "unlimited plans." All I got to say is.

Fuck Sprint.

Black on Black on Black
    2002 Camaro SS Vert

I have sprint too. Although they suck, I do have the $99 month plan that is unlimited. It is advertised daily on tv and it does include everything they offer.Texting, instant messanging, phone, picture mail etc. I don't use all the features but always have tons of cell minutes. Check it out with sprint and I'm sure u can change over to the plan.
    Erik

2002 Camaro SS LS1 / 1 of 147
    2004 Suburban 2500 HD 8.1L

It was mentioned today.

However, I shouldnt have to since I have texts in my phone logged and they dont exceed 1000 txts (which is my plan), yet they say otherwise...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    It was mentioned today.

However, I shouldnt have to since I have texts in my phone logged and they dont exceed 1000 txts (which is my plan), yet they say otherwise...
    Is that just outgoing texts? Maybe they charge you for both incoming and outgoing...just a thought. I don't text much so I don't know all the little loop hole BS..

White
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I've been screwed by T-Mobil and Cingular in the same fashion. Nothing you can do really. At a certain point, I told them they weren't getting any more of my money, but now I've got a bad mark on my credit from it. I'm with Alltel now for over 2 years, they've never tried to screw me.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Just get unlimited texting and you'll be fine. It'll be $15 added on your bill.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Just get unlimited texting and you'll be fine. It'll be $15 added on your bill.
    Thats what I ended up doing. In fact, the billing consultant told me shed give me a credit IF I added that to my plan.

The truth is, I didnt exceed 1000 txts and that includes the incoming. Like I said, I logged them. My phone holds 199 incoming txts and 50 outgoing txts. I erased both twice which gives me a grand total of 500 txts give or take.

What they are saying is that I almost tripled that number. If I was wrong in adding up total texts, ill say 100, maybe 200 max were in my error....but 900?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Suncom a smaller company for SC and some of NC
    I bealived its owned by AT&T
    Unlimited minutes and texting including picture texting reciving and outgoing plus long distance ect. ect. 55 bucks a month.
    50 for minutes, and extra 5 for texting. Best deal ever!!!!

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

You should be able to get a record of where all your texts came from and went to (just like calls). See if there are numbers that you don't recognise that pop up or something doesn't seem right, then go from there.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i had cingular do that to me... so i talk to a lady and tell her i want a unlimited plan... she says i can prorate you and start you on the new plan now or wait untill the end of the billing cycle of your current plan... well... aparently she never switched it over to the new plan... so there i am down in norfolk virginia at a military base (delivering a ultra sound machine and helping a tech with it) and i was calling my buddies telling them about the big ass ships and what not...

i get a $1,000.00+ bill... i refused to pay... ended up calling my lawyer sueing them and every thing... they said that the lady i talked to was "let go" a week after my conversation with her and that they were not responsible blah blah blah...

my advice.. get a new carrier before you get royaly fucked...

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I assume you won said lawsuit?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    I assume you won said lawsuit?
    yes... had a settlement of me paying $35.00 for the cheapest plan they had...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

YES!!!

They do it on regular basis. Since soooo many in todays life just pay bills and don't itemize the bill they get away with it a lot.

I got FUCKED by T-Mobil a lot. They charged me international texting charges. When you look at the number I was supposed to text in another country in was MY OWN FUCKING NUMBER with NO area code!!! There customer service is the worse! When talking to them they try to talk in circles like your a idiot.

I now have Cingular or AT&T and there service sucks. I drop more calls with them than I ever have. It should be "The Network With The MOST Dropped Calls!"

Anyways out west her Verizion has about the best coverage and customer rated service. I'll probably switch to them in a couple months when my 2 years are up with Cingular. The only good thing is their roll over minutes.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

AT&T was the first to rape my wallet's ass.

Never again.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i have a theory... those damned text messages i get that are chains... like send this to your 15 closest friends yada yada bs... i think they are started by the cell phone companies to get people to use a bunch of texts to you know... make higher bills

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

AT&T is ran by a bunch of tards. They owe me $7.50 and yet I keep getting a bill with a due date for -$7.50....every fuckin month for several years now!! I haven't called them about it because it makes me smile to know it costs them money to send that BS...power to the people!!!!!

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i have a theory... those damned text messages i get that are chains... like send this to your 15 closest friends yada yada bs... i think they are started by the cell phone companies to get people to use a bunch of texts to you know... make higher bills
    lmao, not a bad theory...

I've been screwed by cingular and sprint before... Cingular tried REPEATEDLY to pull that shit on me, and I pwned them every single time. Went through my lists on the bills and nailed them for calls I didnt make. It was easy for me, because I memorize all my numbers... I called their asses out on it, and when they checked it was a "computer error" computer error my fucking ass.

Sprint screwed me one time, and wouldnt drop the charges, so I mailed the POS phone back to them. Fuckers.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i have never ever had any problems with cingular... they are now at&tand still no problems... i think all phone companies diff people are going to have problems with...

black black black
    77 swb

I am 34 years old next month and have never and will never have a cell phone. It is stuff like this that makes me want one even less. Someday there might be a time when I could use a phone in an emergency but the other 99.999999999 percent of the time I enjoy the freedom.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I have Sprint. They have tried to screw me several times. I always call and get credit back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information