2002 Z28 Camaro

Wow poor kid

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

bizzar

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

I'm sure driver feels like shit. My son and I always watch this on speed and I planned on taking him to a show someday, but now I might just stick to just watching it on tv. If I do we'll be high up in the stands, but I don't really want to put any money in these dumb asses pockets if they can't even stop the show to attend to an injured spectator. They sure as shit stop the show if a driver gets seriously hurt, WTF.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Damn, you go to take your little boy out to see a big ole truck show and he gets killed. Thats a shitty story. Really too bad.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    I'm sure driver feels like shit. My son and I always watch this on speed and I planned on taking him to a show someday, but now I might just stick to just watching it on tv. If I do we'll be high up in the stands, but I don't really want to put any money in these dumb asses pockets if they can't even stop the show to attend to an injured spectator. They sure as shit stop the show if a driver gets seriously hurt, WTF.
    While I agree with you, I also do not. Have you ever been? Its loud as hell! Like they said, No one even new anyone had been hurt. Everything is so chaotic. Im sure if it was blatantly obvious... they would have stopped. They did not just see some kid take a ring gear to the head and keep on going... (at least I dont think?).

Edit: they did have to take the kid out by ambulance or something of the sort... Totally agreed, they should have stopped te show no doubt.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 01-17-2009 at 09:10 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just took the boy to watch these guys earlier this month. I agree the show should've been stopped. They do it here at the hockey arena which is way too damn small for those trucks. It's great if nothing goes wrong because everyone in the place has a good view but if something like this happens very few under the roof are completely safe. We left pretty disappointed this time due to all the trucks that were breaking. It was their first show of the year and by the end of the show 4 of the 6 trucks weren't running including grave digger which is the truck we wanted to see the most. I told him we'll go to an outdoor show this summer where they have room to do cool stunts.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Just seems like a freak accident to me and I do agree with Hi-Po, more than likely the people running the show had no idea that anything had happened until the people started throwing things. Hell it could have been any number of reasons that people would gather in one area and start throwing things, maybe they just dont like the show. You dont call the show off just for that. I believe that article was poorly written to gain the sympathy of the country and turn everyone against this show. Yes, it is an absolute tragedy that a little boy got hurt, I would never say otherwise. However if they stadium is within all safety standards for the event why should they shut down for the rest of the weekend? I do not understand how that would show the family anymore respect. Of course my internet is not good enough to watch the video associated with the article so there may be a chance of my missing something here.

2004,2008 triumph 675 SE

What a sad story.I hate that innocent good people lose there life and there are peices of crap out there that never have anything bad happen to them that's not self inflicted.I can't believe they did'nt stop the show that boggles my mind.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I see lawsuit. I read the spectators had to throw cups at the medics to get their attention. Not good for the medic/event staff at all.

What amazes me is that no one cared. And after the incident you know everyone was talking and the dome officials or the company hosting the event never called or even tried to send a comment to the family untill news crews were in their face.

I understand that it was pretty much a freak accident but at least they would take better precautions for future shows. A mechanical part can fail at ANY time and inspections would never find that so at least have some sort of net protecting the spectators.

And what was the response from the show officials after the incident, ohh we looked into it and everything is still safe! Even after someone was injured and another died?!?

Just my 0.02's

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

How sad =(

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i don't get monster trucks.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

truly tragic and that is pretty shitty by the producers of the show to keep it goin that is a lack of respect

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

wow pretty fucked up no one has called or said anything to the family, hell if i was the driver i would be doing everything in my power to get shit straight

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i don't get monster trucks.
    Big tires, Big engines, Big bodies, Big jumps.

Loud noises.

That pretty much sums it up.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLt1 View Post
    What amazes me is that no one cared. And after the incident you know everyone was talking and the dome officials or the company hosting the event never called or even tried to send a comment to the family untill news crews were in their face.

I understand that it was pretty much a freak accident but at least they would take better precautions for future shows. A mechanical part can fail at ANY time and inspections would never find that so at least have some sort of net protecting the spectators.

And what was the response from the show officials after the incident, ohh we looked into it and everything is still safe! Even after someone was injured and another died?!?

Just my 0.02's

They have all kinds of protection for spectators at Daytona Speedway yet sometimes parts hit spectators. These events are dangerous no matter what precautions are taken.
    It would be impossible to forsee all potential accidents that could occur.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    truly tragic and that is pretty shitty by the producers of the show to keep it goin that is a lack of respect
    If it were my child & they stopped the show because of this, I would feel like it was being sensationalized. Like this was the new entertainment.
    Besides, people rushing over to see what happened would not be the best thing in an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by boofthese View Post
    wow pretty fucked up no one has called or said anything to the family, hell if i was the driver i would be doing everything in my power to get shit straight
    What would you have them say??
    What could possibly be said that would bring your child's life back??
    It was an unforseen accident, no one did anything on purpose to hurt these people.
    Even Disney World has accidents & deaths.....and they cater to childrens' entertainment.

brings a new meaning to grave digger.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    brings a new meaning to grave digger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information