Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

There's a rat in my house.

Been finding food on the counter in my kitchen with holes eaten through the wrappers. Just found a shitload of droppings behind some pillows in the room next to the kitchen. Heard it scurrying about when I turned on lights. The hunt is on.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Poison.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Poison.
    That's what I keep telling my mom. She doesn't want a dead rat up somewhere we can't find. I laid out a rat trap with some peanut butter on it and some sticky traps with food on them along the walls. The fucker is so sneaky.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    Been finding food on the counter in my kitchen with holes eaten through the wrappers. Just found a shitload of droppings behind some pillows in the room next to the kitchen. Heard it scurrying about when I turned on lights. The hunt is on.
    Get that rat basterd! You know they say where there's one there's more. Mice and rats multiply quick too. I would'nt suggest poison though. Sumbitches like to crawl into walls and die leaving you no choice but to cut open a wall to get rid of that lovely smell o' death. I had one get in my other place in the country, so I threw out some d-Con. Big mistake! Damn' thing got into the toe kick of my kitchen cabnets and died. I had'nt been there in a month or two. Opened the door mid July and.... barfffff. whole place smelled awful had to rip out one cabnets to get the sucker out. Not to mention damn thing got into everything and had a feekin rat party. Chewed the rubber elbow out of the bottom of the dish washer which then leaked all over the place when we tried to use it. Chewed up eletrical cords on just about everything in cludeing the frig. Made a nest in the guts of the washing machine, dryer, (that was a lovely smell when it got hot). Rodents leave a constant piss trail too! How nice! Not good if you got kids man. Good luck.
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-13-2009 at 02:54 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I'm the youngest one in the family and it seems the only one who's gung-ho about killing this fucking thing. I think I know where it's at. There's only on cabinet in the whole kitchen that it can get into, which is where I here it scurrying in. Only problem is it's 4 AM and I'm in my boxers. Rabies doesn't sound like a good time at the moment.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

for some reason the first thing that pops into my head is the movie "mouse hunt".

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

catch him, and raise it as your own. Teach it and have it communicate with other rats so that you can control them, then no girl will ever turn you down! or

boil it mash it, stick it in a stew

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

so it took the peanut butter off the rat trap, threw it on the floor, and now my dog ate it. The trap didn't even go off. I think I'm dealing with genius's.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Oh no it's the rats of nhym!! jk

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

SleeperC5 is stealing your identity.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

My dogs are always catching mice and lizards around here. But, they don't really have access to the garage. I keep Dog, Cat, Bird food and have shelves with some of our food stored in there too. So, I use the 'humane' traps out there. They go in to get the food, but... they can't get out. Then I release them down the street in the hills.

It seems that for whatever reason, spring loaded traps can be easily avoided while still snatching the food for these guys.

If all else fails, try picking up one of those. Works for me.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I dont like them humane traps at all. Had bad experiance. Tried to release a field mouse once with those traps. Little bastard ran up my damn' pant leg. Nothin' like seein' a 260 lbs man running in circles lol. Victor baby! The rat traps that can bust fingers is what I use. I love when their little beedy eyes pop out while their're still biteing on to the trigger. Hehehe

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Ya, I set up a victor trap and they ate the peanut butter right off. I trip tripping it with a ruler and I had to hit it pretty hard to get it to go. My mom just went out and bought some electric rat killer. Suppose to electrocute the fucker. Hope it works.

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Talking

Use some thread to tie cheese on the bait holder.

That works for me.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KSS1363 View Post
    Use some thread to tie cheese on the bait holder.

That works for me.

I actually thought about that.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

geez this is entertaining. those "humane" traps are great keeps em alive so you can have revenge later.
    Remember less bait is better, if you put on to much then it's easy for them to not set the trap. Goodluck

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I dont like them humane traps at all. Had bad experiance. Tried to release a field mouse once with those traps. Little bastard ran up my damn' pant leg. Nothin' like seein' a 260 lbs man running in circles lol. Victor baby! The rat traps that can bust fingers is what I use. I love when their little beedy eyes pop out while their're still biteing on to the trigger. Hehehe
    Ha ha ha... Would have liked to have seen that.

Shoot, I have 'saved' mice right out of my dogs or cats mouths, nursed them back to health and then let them go. Birds too

I know, I know... but, I can't help it

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my brother killed a rat in the garage with a shovel once. One eye popped out and he beat it until it stopped twitching and pissed itself.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

We have a humane live catch trap we used at my old house. We got a lot of mice for some reason. Never had one here though. Anyways, every mouse we cought we would put a hash mark on the side of it. Then we would fill a bucket with water and throw the cage in.

See, you take a humane trap, and make it INhumane.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    We have a humane live catch trap we used at my old house. We got a lot of mice for some reason. Never had one here though. Anyways, every mouse we cought we would put a hash mark on the side of it. Then we would fill a bucket with water and throw the cage in.

See, you take a humane trap, and make it INhumane.
    hahaha, that's kinda fucked up. I would've just shot it in the head with a BB Gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information