Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

There's been an accident...

So yesterday during my 12 hour shift, i leave work to get some food and thats what i get for a text from my gf. So for 6 hours i don't really know what happened. I get a text again later when I get off work. Supposedly some kids were street racing and one ran a red light. I guess so far, nothing has even happened to this guy. I dunno the whole story cuz my gf can barely talk and is lucky to be alive. She told me her new friend from the hospital that was helping her through chemo was in the passenger seat and didn't make it...this happened in or around redondo beach (LA).

I tried finding a news article to what happened, no luck

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Dang

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's horrrible!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I know some guys on here live around there...can anyone fill me in or look into..

None

Bummer Dude, Sorry... Keep us posted on her progress, when U find more out!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I have no updates.. Her niece is the one that texts me information. She said she over heard her uncle say it was two mustangs racing and one decided to not stop at the light.

She says my gf just lays in bed and cries and won't talk or eat. I suppose she has so many pain killers that she can't think straight...

i can't do anything..things have sucked enough for months due to her having cancer...etc. i dont wanna get into it

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Wow, then people wonder why the whole "street racing" scene is always put down with a bad name. That sucks I hope she gets better though

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Wow thats sucks, sorry

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hopefully your girlfriend will recover. Sounds like PTSD is in the near future. I'm pullin for ya both. Street racing is why I stopped posting on the GTO forums. Folks wanna hang out with me just to see what my car can do. None of their business. I am NOT gonna street race. I have nothing to prove. People NEED to GROW THE FK UP.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Damn dude...you need to get by her side like pronto

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Wow, then people wonder why the whole "street racing" scene is always put down with a bad name. That sucks I hope she gets better though
    Street Racing is not supposed to be done on main streets during business hours. Back in the day it was always early morning (2-5am) in an industrial area that was deviod of traffic and people. The best area we used to use was a freewy onramp where we blocked the entrance. It was 1 mile long so plenty of rundown and no cross traffic. And it was for $$$.

Randomly racing a grudge match against a car next to you at any ole time is just lame IMHO. Personally I take things to the track.

I'm sorry to hear what happened. Try The South Bay Daily Breeze for this. It's a South Bay newspaper. Redondo Beach is part of the South Bay area of LA.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 04-27-2009 at 02:36 PM.

that sucks man... my sister was in a accident saturday night... she has some bleeding on her brain a broked leg and ankle.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Street Racing is not supposed to be done on main streets during business hours. Back in the day it was always early morning (2-5am) in an industrial area that was deviod of traffic and people. The best area we used to use was a freewy onramp where we blocked the entrance. It was 1 mile long so plenty of rundown and no cross traffic. And it was for $$$.

Randomly racing a grudge match against a car next to you at any ole time is just lame IMHO.
    I'm sorry to hear what happened. Try The South Bay Daily Breeze for this. It's a South Bay newspaper. Redondo Beach is part of the South Bay area of LA.
    I'm with ya on that.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

She texted me today she said the only thing she sees is that guys face. She has nightmares non stop and thats why she cries in her sleep.

I can't say I know how she feels, never gone through anything like that...

I'm trying to find out where she is staying, see if the AF will let me take some leave...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    She texted me today she said the only thing she sees is that guys face. She has nightmares non stop and thats why she cries in her sleep.

I'm trying to find out where she is staying, see if the AF will let me take some leave...
    Yep...she's traumatized. STICK BY HER AND DON'T LOSE HER!!! I was in love with a woman who lost her BF in a motorcycle wreck. She's gone forever.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Hopefully your girlfriend will recover. Sounds like PTSD is in the near future. I'm pullin for ya both. Street racing is why I stopped posting on the GTO forums. Folks wanna hang out with me just to see what my car can do. None of their business. I am NOT gonna street race. I have nothing to prove. People NEED to GROW THE FK UP.
    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

PTSD usually takes awhile to set in...usually a few weeks, at first its just shock or trauma.

But then i saw you posted her having nightmares about the guys face. Thats the number one PTSD symptom. If so, its gonna be a long road ahead for the both of you, just stick with her and be understanding.

I personally think PTSD is used as too much of an umbrella term, and people "suffering" from need to grow a pair. But in a situation like this, i really believe she'd be a ligitimate case.

Are they going to give you a LOA to go see her?

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

You might even able to get some emergency leave if your unit is cool. Check on emergency tickets with the airlines too. Im not sure if it will work if shes not in your immediate family but it never hurts to try. All they can do is say no. Keep us posted man.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Her niece says the car was hit on the passenger side...she's scratched up and has some bruises all over...couple broken ribs, she's really been through a lot and i really can't get into that. I feel for anyone hurting and its way worse when it's someone I care about.

She says she might get to go home in a few days, the thing thats affecting her the most is what she saw.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Seeing people die and having body parts fly all around. Yeah, I experienced that and they were only training accidents in the Army (mortar rounds tend to blow shit up in a most spectacular fashion - especially when it blows up in the tube 20 feet away from you). I had occasional nightmares for decades. PSTD is real. I don't know how combat vets deal with it. I hope your GF comes out of it OK.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Tell the chain of command she's yer FIANCE if ya have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information