Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Question then, now and where are you headed?

too much mindless BS in the AAG-lets get some talk brewing.

Compare yourself to who you were 5 years ago, how have you "grown up" or otherwise didn't change at all? What do you expect of yourself in 5 years?

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i can not answer that in this thread...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

i am out of high school in to my career with insurance... hopefully to make a killing

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    i am out of high school in to my career with insurance... hopefully to make a killing
    hmm... serial??? contract???? psycho??? mass???

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

oh oh i wanna be first! 5 yrs ago, i was 1 yr out of highschool, i was going to community college and dating this total asshole. i drove a jeep wrangler and just started my new job. i pretty much worried about what people thought of me. today i am at a top notch school, going to make my career possible. im more down to earth, could care less what people think or say about me. i now know that if something doesnt work out (job/relationship), its for a reason. most likely a really good reason. i dont worry over relationships, if its going to happen its going to happen. i drive my TA, MG and blazer and now have a motorcycle and jetski. im also dating a great guy. in 5 yrs i would like to be working at March animal hospital with my friend christy as a certified veterinary technician. i would like to be moved out of the house but not neccessarily married. no kids and just be me!

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

damn, not first lol and i re-read the question and i think i answered it wrong

red
    2001 v6 camaro

No doubt i am more mature, question is how much more. I still do alot of the childish things i condsier fun...however i now do them knowing no matter what i must get up and work my 8-5. As for 5 years down the road, i hope to be in a better paying, higher position with the current company i am currently with. And hopefully im still doing those childish fun things, cuase i think thats the only thing that keeps me going. And just for referance, im 22 (23 in a month)

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    hmm... serial??? contract???? psycho??? mass???
    Hmmmm... Mass psycho serial contract killer?????

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Me? I'm way too old and set in my ways to change or care.....

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

5 years ago - just started college, lazy, had no idea what I wanted to do, was drivin a v6 bird lol

Now - drink a little more beer than then, bachelor's degree, pretty good job, finally bought an ls1 bird 4 months ago, finally payin all my own bills, but still a 18 year old at heart

5 years from now - that trans am will be BAD ASS lol, hopefully have more money, probably a lil fatter and balder but wiser
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Cliffs Notes: Got my act together in last years of college, moved 300 miles from home to persue career in a job that I"m not happy with which I hope to have a new one or be self-sufficient and synonomous to car graphics in the future.

Ok, 2003...I was a second semester junior at LaRoche in Pittsburgh. Oh that's right, I had to retake my mid-collegiate review; that's wher the school board sits youdown and reviews your designs and passes you to the rest of your education or holds you back. I had to retake a bunch of classes as I was one of those deemed "unworthy to continue." Bascially the year before, my head wasn't in the game-i had a bunch of delusions of rock stardom and thought my "band" was going to make it. But yeah, 2003, i passed my second review with flying colors, and the chair person of the curriculum deamed me "the rising star of the junior class" which I think pissed off a few of the ass-kissers

Today 2008: Within the last year or so, i've seen my freelance work mold into a nice source of supplemental income. I'm happy that my hopes of "running my own gig" are still in motion allthough i'm not totally self-employed and rely too much on my "day job" to pay the bills. Which, by the way, i hate this job more now than ever. I've been looking fervishly for a nother company to do web design for, but i guess with 3 years under my belt i'm still too young to be consider for the bigger companies, but too experienced to accept a low-end position. Honestly didn't expect to have relocated 300 miles from home and in the process of establishing Northern KY as my perminent residence...i really miss Pittsburgh.

The future 2013...I'm hoping that i'll continue to do freelance or be completely self sufficient. I'll continue to ask my father "how to do" questions as I've always considered him the smartest man alive. I'd honestly like to become a name in the muscle car world like LMperformance or SLP.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    5 years ago - just started college, lazy, had no idea what I wanted to do, was drivin a v6 bird lol

Now - drink a little more beer than then, bachelor's degree, pretty good job, finally bought an ls1 bird 4 months ago, finally payin all my own bills, but still a 18 year old at heart

5 years from now - that trans am will be BAD ASS lol, hopefully have more money, probably a lil fatter and balder
    when i was 23, i figured i could be 18 forever...now @ 26, i feel like a retard when i'm in a bar with the "college crowd" Dunno...soemthing about it fades-you'll see.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    when i was 23, i figured i could be 18 forever...now @ 26, i feel like a retard when i'm in a bar with the "college crowd" Dunno...soemthing about it fades-you'll see.
    it's called maturity, and the fact you have experienced life and hopefully a profession outside of a learned environment...

cant forget responsability. no one is around anymore to pick up after you and hopefully one is able to support themselves without needed mommy or daddy's money...

The future 2013...I'm hoping that i'll continue to do freelance or be completely self sufficient. I'll continue to ask my father "how to do" questions as I've always considered him the smartest man alive. I'd honestly like to become a name in the muscle car world like LMperformance or SLP.
    I'd like to copy and paste this into my "5 years from now". LOL. Same hopes here man! word for word

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    it's called maturity, and the fact you have experienced life and hopefully a profession outside of a learned environment...

cant forget responsability. no one is around anymore to pick up after you and hopefully one is able to support themselves without needed mommy or daddy's money...
    couldn't agree more. I've noticed that in the past-i would make split second decions and reap the consequences. Now i take my time...and man am I happy for it.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

5 years ago - i was just getting out of high school and i was going to tech school for automotive technician in the fall

now - i am trying to find a part time job and am going to school at a university for a double major in broadfield social science/history with teaching intent. also the captain of a local military explorers unit for boys and girls ages 14-20. and i own a rental house which i would really like to get rid of.

5 years from now - out of school and in my first teaching job. vehicles will be paid for (they're paid off currently) so i will just have to worry about a house. other than that i don't know.

i do know what you mean . . . i can see it coming.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    5 years ago - i was just getting out of high school and i was going to tech school for automotive technician in the fall

now - i am trying to find a part time job and am going to school at a university for a double major in broadfield social science/history with teaching intent. also the captain of a local military explorers unit for boys and girls ages 14-20. and i own a rental house which i would really like to get rid of.

5 years from now - out of school and in my first teaching job. vehicles will be paid for (they're paid off currently) so i will just have to worry about a house. other than that i don't know.
    sounds like your on a good track man...wish i felt that stable

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

nice thread..

2003- i was 18 years old, graduated highschool and i thought my highschool sweetheart and i would take on the world together, went off to different colleges, i couldnt afford mine had to come home to community college *still couldnt afford that* he was still in Edinboro cheating on me with some girl he is still with today, i was wild, crazy, emotional, hard working and always being kicked on my ass by other people. i was driving a white 95 firebird

today-2008 23 y/o-driving 98 black TA im at a job where im comfortable at but had one hell of a 2007 trying to find a job that "felt like home" to me. This is not the career i have chosen and i will decide what the hell i want to do, i still feel i have some time left, but i gotta get a move on. I am still wild, crazy, outspoken, loud but people wont kick me down the way they used to. im with a guy who im still trying to figure out whether or not can handle me. im a handful in more ways then one. I have grown up and matured so much, when people used to say its a big difference between 18 and 23 id laugh...now i know they are right. im in the real world, paying my own way for everything and finding out who i am.

future-2013 28 y/o- i hope to be in a career that i can honestly say i enjoy. id like to possibly go back to the car dealership world as a service writer but im not sure yet maybe thats where ill end up. id like to be in a secure relationship with a guy who i know for sure can handle me.. and think about maybe marriage. im still going to be wild, crazy, outspoken and loud! but that's me... maybe ill have a child, a little brown hair blue eyed girl like myself would be fun to have

Black
    2005 GTO

Five years ago I was a freshman in college. Had no desire to go to college and was flunking about half my classes. Had no idea what I was going to do with my life. Should it be stick it out in college say fuck it and join the military or just stick with the company I was working for and work my way up. Did alot of stupid shit that either did or could have gotten me in alot of trouble. Still lived at home and wasting my parents money on college classes I was failing.

Now I've drop college got a place of my own and 100% support myself, still work for the same company but just in the last year decided it was time to get my shit straight and start moving up to make this a carreer. Since then I have been promoted once and from the looks of it will be promoted again in the next couple months.

In another 5 years I hope to have a house, a vette and on the fast track to becoming a store manager and making 6 figures.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information