Angry Thank you Microsoft for ending the week in such a

The start of the week this happens, hole in tire from nail, rear view mirror falls causing student parking tag to go flying out the window. Now to more expensive matters, the 40 inch Samsung LED LCD TV I ordered came in busted thanks to UPS and within the time of one week I received a second TV (props to Crutchfield). So I get the TV home unpack it and set it up. Everything looks fine and so I go to fire up my 360 (the whole reason I purchased the TV) and it freezes after about 2 minutes of game play. Now forgive my lack of console knowledge but basically my 360 is telling me to piss off by blinking those little red lights at me correct? The 360 I own is one of the original launch units so I knew the red lights of death were coming sooner or later. Question is do I still have a warranty on this 360 and if so I'm guessing I just send it back to Microsoft correct (all the paper work is at my parents house)?

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    The start of the week this happens, hole in tire from nail, rear view mirror falls causing student parking tag to go flying out the window. Now to more expensive matters, the 40 inch Samsung LED LCD TV I ordered came in busted thanks to UPS and within the time of one week I received a second TV (props to Crutchfield). So I get the TV home unpack it and set it up. Everything looks fine and so I go to fire up my 360 (the whole reason I purchased the TV) and it freezes after about 2 minutes of game play. Now forgive my lack of console knowledge but basically my 360 is telling me to piss off by blinking those little red lights at me correct? The 360 I own is one of the original launch units so I knew the red lights of death were coming sooner or later. Question is do I still have a warranty on this 360 and if so I'm guessing I just send it back to Microsoft correct (all the paper work is at my parents house)?
    I believe you have to contact them and they give you the addy where to send it. We just sent our bosses in a few weeks ago and Brian on here got the red ring of death not to long ago too.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Bill owns you.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

as referred to as the red rings of death, mine did that a while ago,, as long as u are still under warranty call microsoft (1yr factory i think) 1804myxbox i think, they will send u a box, remove your storage drive and any cd thats in there and send it to them, they will most likely end up sending you a new one. was a 2+month process for me, if u bitch a lot seems to happen faster (worked for my buddy). in the meantime ill play some cod4 for ya!

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yeah the number for xbox is 1800-4my-xbox...everyone has a 3year service warantee now for their xboxes...youll call them, give them your serial number and what its doing theyll give u a list of things to try which never works anyway then theyll get an adress from you to send a postage paid fedex box to send it in to them

Called it in today and Microsoft is sending me a label so I can ship it to the repair center in Texas. I know from reading other forums that sometimes they just send out new units, so I might get lucky and get one with a HDMI port.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

most of the time i doubt its worth their time 2 fix em, i got a brand new1 so did my buddy

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

call them and tell them you got the RLOD... you have to ship it to them and they fix it and send it back... they should do it for free...

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

its happened to me 3 times

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Thread Information