Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Texas people.....

Any of you guys got any local bbq places that have kick ass in house rubs for brisket? I'm not really looking for commercial stuff. I'd just like to try some mom and pop type places and since Texas is the brisket capital of the world I thought maybe you guys have local shops that have good rubs. I'll send some money if some of you guys would pick me up a small bottle and mail it to me.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

A new neighbor here, from Texas, was telling me about some of the best BBQ place ever is in Lockhart, Texas. Apparently this town has a few restaurants now but I think this one (link) is the original. Take a look. Now for you to find someone there who'll hook you up........

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yup, I know of Black's. If memory serves me correctly they don't use rubs on their meats. Their bbq sauce is made in house by his wife. There's also another place in Lockhart, I forget the name of it right off hand though that's supposed be have some really good brisket too. I'll try to remember the other bbq place there.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Could have tried the TX regional forum.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Could have tried the TX regional forum.
    but then you might not have seen this post..... not that colorado is known for their bbq. There's a couple places in Chicago I'd like to try out too. Weber has a gourmet type restaurant there where they cook on kettle grills indoors. The problem is I have trouble remembering the names of these places or if I remember the name I forget where they're at. I have a kick ass "boston butt" or pulled pork as some people call it. My brisket is coming along nicely too but the best brisket I've ever had came from Texas. My buddies dad brought some back from a trip one time. It was awesome. I'm gonna make my own rub and see what I can come up with. Rubs are pretty basic but it's all in the proportioning of spices. The texas brisket I had was loaded with peppercorns which is what I plan on doing with mine. I have a rub now from Missouri that's pretty damn good too.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I had some GREAT ribs over the weekend.

I will see if I can't find the recipe for you. The rub made them outstanding.
    Julie's aunt from Dayton, OH uses it. Great stuff.

primevil
    2000 FRC

Aside from Black's, you have Smitty's Market and Kreitz Market.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

kreuz market is the one I was thinking of.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I got the best BBQ rub for real BBQ ( Beef no pig shit).....I'll send you a bunch...PM me and tell me where...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I got the best BBQ rub for real BBQ ( Beef no pig shit).....I'll send you a bunch...PM me and tell me where...
    I'll PM you this evening. Just let me know what it costs and shipping and I'll buy it. You'd be amazed at how many people up here have never had brisket. It's like they're finding a new meat. I've been doing briskets but I also do some tri-tips because frankly they're easier to cook. I've even did just some plain beef roasts but you have to watch the fat content on those. They get pretty greasy if you're not careful.
    I have a bologna smoking right now. First time trying it but it smells good as hell. Bologna, mustards, brown sugar, and a little beer.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You could put this rub on shoes and they taste good as hell....I dont want your stupid ass money.....give it to TSS for some platform shoes....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You could put this rub on shoes and they taste good as hell....I dont want your stupid ass money.....give it to TSS for some platform shoes....

we're having a bbq cookoff this weekend between my brother, his business partner, and myself on Sunday. They're doing country ribs and pork butts I think. I'm gonna bust the game up with a brisket. They're a pain in the ass and take a long time to cook unless you cheat and wrap them ( which I don't) but damn, there's nothing better than a smoked brisket. I'd put it up against any other bbq'd meat.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post

we're having a bbq cookoff this weekend between my brother, his business partner, and myself on Sunday. They're doing country ribs and pork butts I think. I'm gonna bust the game up with a brisket. They're a pain in the ass and take a long time to cook unless you cheat and wrap them ( which I don't) but damn, there's nothing better than a smoked brisket. I'd put it up against any other bbq'd meat.
    thats one way to win a cookoff. with some good brisket.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Alright, hold the show. Heres a MI boy that knows nothing of this brisket you speak of. I know, Im a sheltered Damn Yankee.

This involves ribs? My absolute favorite meat/food? Clue me in here fella's.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i luling.. rightby san marcos... you have city market... it was rated in the top 5 best bbq joints in texas by texas monthly magazine.. they rated the top 100 bbq joints and i ate there last weekend... amazinggggg

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Mmmmm brisket! You're killing me here! Now I want some!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Alright, hold the show. Heres a MI boy that knows nothing of this brisket you speak of. I know, Im a sheltered Damn Yankee.

This involves ribs? My absolute favorite meat/food? Clue me in here fella's.
    the brisket is the cut in front of the front legs and below the neck. Think of the chest area of a cow. There's no meat like it. It's tricky to cook. Takes a long ass time and unless you buy flats there's some prep to do before cooking it but after it's smoked on a grill for ~12 hours there's nothing like it. Ribs, pork roast, and any other meat you can think of doesn't come close. It has it's own unique flavor. Couple that with a good rub and a good finishing sauce and mmm-mmm.

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    kreuz market is the one I was thinking of.
    i live in austin texas the best place for briskets and stakes is probably salt lick stake house, or texas land and cattle

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

12 hrs??? Holy fuck. That better give me a woody while eating.

If it does, it sounds great.

I ordered rub and bbq sauce from this place last week....http://smackyourlipsbbq.com/sauces.html I will let you know if it is any good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information