Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Test Drove an 06 GT

Just for the hell of it, my fiance and I went to a Ford Dealer and tested an A5 GT. damn, those things are massive...i'm glad they didn't slap engine covers all over the compartment too-that engine looks pretty big, and looks like a lot of room for power adders too! Stock H pipe sounds really REALLY throaty too, idle RPM is like 1800rpm!

I wasn't into the interior much. Soooo bulky, not sporty at all. Felt like a cadillac, really. Big couch-like seats, plush white leather. Didn't feel like i was sitting in a sports car-i like the f-body racing seats much more!

I was impressed by the handling, very VERY responsive steering wheel! Car was as stiff as a rock too-but, i wouldn't try canyon carving with those tiny tires and all that weight.

I was pissed the sales man came with us, b/c He was about 230 lbs and that's like me and my fiance combined, so my critique on highway acceleration is a bit skewed: it really didn't have that "HOLY SHIT SLOW DOWN" feeling like i've felt in the f-bodies. maybe b/c i'm used to an m6 and it was an a5? He said it dropped to 2nd when i floored it @ 60ish but it really was such a smooth acceleration that I didn't get that massive rush i get from the fbods. HOWEVER. I did feel some really good down-low power when i started from a red light. To go from the dealership to the highway is a 4lane merge in less than 500 feet. That stang really REALLY has some high torque at low speeds.

Price Tag: less than 30k. and if i were a buyin' man, i'd use my fiance's step-father's "Retiree discount" and buy it for about 23K.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Yea DD, my wife and I looked at them too, she wanted one bad. We were dissapointed in the interior, seat position and overall size of the car. I guess will wait and see what happens with the Camaro, or maybe a C5 ZO6 ?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i liked the seat position, i'm small, and it went up pretty high, but i really like that swung-back, jet fighter pilot seat the fbods and vettes have.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was parked by one last night at work. When I came out after my shift they werent as many cars around and you could really see the diferince. the GT does sit higher and has the older Mustang shape to it. I havent drove one yet, I know I would like it esp for a DD.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

The whole time up till I read it was under 30k, I thought you were talking about the GT, not the Mustang GT.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i test drove a vert and wast impressed at alllll.... but it was a auto... so maybe it just wasnt funn enough...

-me

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray
    The whole time up till I read it was under 30k, I thought you were talking about the GT, not the Mustang GT.
    are you on crack???

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

What about the A5 part in the first sentence?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

my recommendation is try a 5spd coupe with either you and your girlfriend or jus you and see how ya like it. the acceleration is always much better with less weight. i agree with the seating thing, to me its not that bad but to someone that owns an fbody you feel like your sitting on a bar stool, it definitely sits up high. the handling i think is pretty freakin awesome as far as bone stock pony cars are concerned. the downside is like stated before the tires are small. they are only 235s and the profile has a lot of rubber. with some nice 18 or 19s and 255 or bigger rubber and sport springs the cornering gets really good. i am kinda surprised you guys like it as much as you do if at all.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

This thread was a letdown, I was hoping for a Ford GT not a mustang

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

EDITED!!!! SORRY!!!

there are only like 3 people on this board that a dealer would consider let testing a REAL GT....
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 06-17-2006 at 12:00 PM.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    there are only like 3 people on this board that a dealer would consider let driving a mustang....

and they are?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

there are only like 3 people on this board that a dealer would consider let driving a mustang....
    yea,....... you know all the people here? Your pretty good.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

I don't keep up with mustang development I'm faster than anything Fords going to get on the street anyway.

john
    I don't keep up with mustang development I'm faster than anything Fords going to get on the street anyway.
    ZX-10R, in Seattle no less, where it rains all the time. Excellent. Can I have your kidneys?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by john
    ZX-10R, in Seattle no less, where it rains all the time. Excellent. Can I have your kidneys?
    I hate when people say this shit. This dude knows how to drive his bike. Regardless, keep your "your gonna die" shit to yourself.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

In the movie? No, I ride an 05 ninja zx-10r, with i/e/s. That was a gixxer 600. If you got $100 or so, go sign up for a MSF course too, they'll both teach you how to ride, give you a license without having to go to the DMV's test, and lower your insurance rates in one fell swoop. Be careful if you go 600cc sportbike, really learn to ride the bike. A lot of guys who start off with something powerful end up being a straight line blaster, and never learn how to turn. You should also be able to find guys in your area to ride with you pretty easy. When me or my friends meets up with another sportrider, we always end up talking bikes, which leads to an invitation to ride together. It's safer since you're more visible in a group, you make new friends, and it's a lot of fun.

qoute from Shadegray.

john
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po
    I hate when people say this shit. This dude knows how to drive his bike. Regardless, keep your "your gonna die" shit to yourself.
    Let the man answer. I could make some money off a nice set of kidneys.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

SORRY GUYS! didn't mean to sound like a dick there...i meant to say "real gt" not a mustang-hell anyone can test a mustang, but only a rich dude gets to test a gt!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

SORRY GUYS! didn't mean to sound like a dick there...i meant to say "real gt" not a mustang-hell anyone can test a mustang, but only a rich dude gets to test a gt!
    oooooooooo i hear ya. yea, to test drive a GT i would imagine you have to be pretty well off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information