Black
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Tell me what you think: "What side are you on?"

Quote Originally Posted by FirehawkM6 View Post
    surely a COTM candidate
    Thanks for all the love. I've entered to be COTM one month last year(I'm not going to say which one), and a few of the entries had some beautiful paint jobs. I have to admit that even though I am biased towards my car, I didn't even vote for my pic because I thought that the car I voted for would be the one I'd vote for if my own car entered. I was leading by about 3-5 votes for most of the month until about about 2 days to go. What gets me is that it isn't even the car that I thought would be my biggest competition. After I lost, and since I'm mostly on Tech, I wondered what the criteria of the judging was, so I posted a new topic. The responses in my post reminded me of the time when I was trying to decide on what color I wanted to paint my car. And I would ask friends, relatives, paint and body shops and when I showed them a test panel of the Kandy Copper with the Maple Pearl mixed in and said that it was the color I was thinking about painting my 02 Black WS6: I usually got two responses: 1) "Damn, that would look badazz, they're no other car like that in town. or 2) "Hugger Orange looks much better, don't waste you're money on that expensive stuff and go with a classic color." I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but it seems that in your typical group of friends/car clubs/raceshops, there are two main views (but not limited to) that make a car a cut above the rest. I also call it "New School", and "Old School". But rarely does someone fit into just one category. I'm find myself to lean more toward the new school interior and exterior mods. If I pay for a new paintjob when there is nothing wrong the the OEM Black, I'm definitely not getting another OE Color, and I might as well spend the extra money to get the quality. I can't help but break my neck every time I see a nice musclecar with 10K custom paintjob, high end wheels, with the sound sound system and the lope of a nice sized cam. But I can appreciate the "Old School" mindset of buying a car and restore it or store depending on the age. it to look exactly like factory.keeping a car all original with the window sticker that has extremely low miles because it wasn't bought to be a DD. To each his own, I'm not the one who like to blend into the crowd. I like to be at stop lights,gas stations, grocery stores and have people ask about the car. The most common one is, "What do you have in that thing?" and the next is, "What color is that?". Every once in a while, I'll have someone ask if its SOM. Which brings me back to entering for COTM. After I asked if we were judging on the condition, mods, photo angles of the car or if we were judging on the background scenery. I was told that both are supposed to be taken into account and, that a picture of a nice car with a dumpster in the background wasn't COTM worthy. (BTW, I was at an industrial park in an abandoned warehouse with pic in and out of the sun). We I decided that the next time I enter, I'm going to enter pics of the car on beach, with white sane dunes and the ocean in the background and see what the outcome is. The thing that gets me is that you can see who voted for who and the last few votes(maybe more) that were for the winner were from relatives and/or friend. I love the way the 30th anniversaries look, but seriously, does the pic show off the car more or the landscape. If you weren't familiar with the F-bodies, would you know that it's a 30th anv. ed. WS6? It is a beautiful car in what looks like the desert. It really is true, it's not just who you know, but how many people you know. I know many out disagree with me, but if you've got any opinion on this subject, please put in your 2 cent. Thanks
    -99 WS6 Silver: Procharger P1SC, TR 224/227, LS6 Intake, Hooker LT's and ORY, Racetronix & more.
    -00 WS6 NMB: Futral F11, LS6 intake, Hooker LT's, Custom ORY, NX. Bolt-ons & suspension
    -02 WS6 Kandy Copper: Torquer v2, LS6 intake, PS LT's & ORY, DMH, Racetronix, Bolt-ons & Suspension. Big Plans

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You have a beautiful car no doubt. And, many people have a tough time placing their votes as there are always more then one great picture to choose from. I know I do. Some pictures just stand out more as great shots. All the cars entered are beautiful cars...

Plus, we all have different tastes.

I wouldn't take it so personal. Enter again

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

That was near the end of Last year. At first, I was like how that pic win. But I was over in in a couple minutes. I don't take it personal. Congrats to the winner, and I will enter again soon. I know, I get crap about my fuel door all the time, but I like it. Thanks bro

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by badazzta00 View Post
    That was near the end of Last year. At first, I was like how that pic win. But I was over in in a couple minutes. I don't take it personal. Congrats to the winner, and I will enter again soon. I know, I get crap about my fuel door all the time, but I like it. Thanks bro
    Kahana doesn't have the tools to qualify as a bro,

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

walloftext

you own 3 Ws6s?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

wat.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

That bird would look good in carousel red (pontiac's name for huggar) but your paint is awesome. I just vote for the car I like the most

98 Formula
    06 duramax

When it comes to judging COTM I've never really understood the "What are we voting on?" question. People are going to vote for their own reasons. Some will look only at the car and some will look at the car and background. No matter what I tell people to look at they're going to look and vote however they want. The only way to truly focus on the car only is to photoshop the background out of the pictures and not everyone has the skill to do that.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

i just vote on what looks the most professional, like what i would see if i bought a calender at the store

I know how you feel... I entered for cotm once and didn't win so I just gave up.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I know how you feel... I entered for cotm once and didn't win so I just gave up.

Click for full size
    lol! Honestly, the real reason that I haven't re-entered COTM is because I'm going to wait until the car is completely done. I'm in no way trying to disrespect any previous winners. I agree that everyone has the right to vote for any reason whether it has to do with the car, landscape, or any other reason without being questioned why they voted one way or another. I guess the real question should have been, What do you think it takes for a car to be worthy of COTM. Thanks for the input.

murdered out 06 z06

ive won car of the month twice in one year!!! i vote for the cars that i like. i dont really care about the quality of the picture.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

There is no correlation between the cars I choose each month.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Friends help pick the winners, it shown in the history of voting.
    Never entered, never will, not worth it.
    Don't enter if you're afraid of losing.
    Wait, ..., am I afraid of losing? No, I know I won't win, so it's not worth the trouble.

If you want to show your car, take some quality photos & share'em.
    Sharp ride, ..., I like the color, ...

Grey
    2003 R/T

if it was Hugger Orange it would have won

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    walloftext

Thread Information