• Tebow

8 61.54%
  • Orton

5 38.46%

Thread: Tebow Vs. Orton

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Tebow Vs. Orton

As the title says, Tebow or Orton. Backround, I was born in Denver and have been a fan since then. Here is my personal opinion, having traded up to draft Tebow in the first round, and with all the hype and popularity around him, I say it is time to start Tebow. As soon as last season ended I thought the Broncos should trade Orton to get some value, like good picks or a defensive player. Looks like Fox was thinking the same thing, but it looks like it didn't work out that way. Now don't get me wrong, Orton is a good QB, and probably the better QB. However, he chokes. When the pressure is on, he will lose the game. Not all of our losses were his fault last season, but there were a few games where it clearly was. Tebow brings a spark to the team, he makes those around him play better and he can make something out of nothing when the play falls apart. I say it's Tebow time, what do you guys think?

white
    2000 Z28

get some weapons. brandon lloyd cant do it all. like mcnabb in washington. no weapons = major suck. if orton and tebow were given weapons instead of having them taken away you would get a better idea of how good they are. orton in chicago had almost 1 1/2 weapons. he came to denver and had a few good recievers but had them kicked out of town for an offensive coordinator that thought he was great because he worked for the patriots. for what the broncos organization is putting into tebow, he doesnt deserve an alex smith start. every qb will fail without weapons. i don't see any reason to throw tebow in this season if they really want him to succeed. i voted tebow because i dont care for denver. dont want him to fail personally but i dont want to see denver do well either.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Orton.

Reports are Tebow has yet to beat Orton in any drill, except sprinting to locker room lol. He has never been expected to be a primary thrower on any level, more like 15 passes per game with good running game help. That means not even Urban Meyer entrusted him to throw 30-40 times per game, which the Broncs have to do in games.

Being a "winner" with funky throwing motion and lack of footwork and decision making doesn't translate into NFL success. There's a reason QBs like that are transformed into position players, I.E. Brad Smith, Pat White, Josh Cribbs, because there's more intangibles to a successful NFL QB than winning and providing a spark. McDaniels wasting a 1st rounder on him shouldn't be Fox's burden to bear, despite pressure from local media and fans. Orton is the more mechanically sound QB and is rightfully the starter right now.

In fact, I would take Quinn over Tebow. Orton choking is an issue I can't comment on because its hard to score 50 on 40-50 pass attempts ,when your D gives up 49. Getting one player in return from Orton won't fix that.

Personally I think Hasselback would've been a good match for Den. Tebow is a good goal line option like his Frosh yr at Florida and an occassional wildcat package player....not an every down QB.
    Last edited by '02 WS6; 08-03-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    get some weapons. brandon lloyd cant do it all. like mcnabb in washington. no weapons = major suck. if orton and tebow were given weapons instead of having them taken away you would get a better idea of how good they are. orton in chicago had almost 1 1/2 weapons. he came to denver and had a few good recievers but had them kicked out of town for an offensive coordinator that thought he was great because he worked for the patriots. for what the broncos organization is putting into tebow, he doesnt deserve an alex smith start. every qb will fail without weapons. i don't see any reason to throw tebow in this season if they really want him to succeed. i voted tebow because i dont care for denver. dont want him to fail personally but i dont want to see denver do well either.
    mcnab sucks because he is afraid of getting hurt... you could pair him up with the best reciever and mcflab would still suck...

black
    '02 trans am ws6

When McNabb got a receiver he went to the Super Bowl....just sayin.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by '02 WS6 View Post
    When McNabb got a receiver he went to the Super Bowl....just sayin.
    that was when he'd run for the first down when he couldn't make a pass... the TO era was a good one for him... but he is to scared of getting a boo boo now...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I never thought Tebow was ideal for the QB position at the next level.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    that was when he'd run for the first down when he couldn't make a pass... the TO era was a good one for him... but he is to scared of getting a boo boo now...

Word!!!!

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    mcnab sucks because he is afraid of getting hurt... you could pair him up with the best reciever and mcflab would still suck...
    he is better than most of the qbs in the league today. not the best by any means. but no weapons around and a qb will automatically fail. he only had chris cooley and santana moss. not much to go on. both are still solid players but he had no running game, no o line and no #2 or #3 recievers. also i am not particularly happy when solid players leave sf either but ill still give them credit when it is due. not sure where the hate stems from since he is partly responsible for some of the best years of your teams history.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Tebow all the way. I've never thought Orton was any good. He looked good in a QB friendly system. Stats in the Patriots offense really doesn't mean anything. I think Tebow will be a better QB than a lot of people give him credit for. Will he be the best in the league? I doubt it....but I think he'll come through if the game was on the line.

I've listened to people's excuses for Orton a lot since I live in Denver. They say he coudln't win because of the defense was letting them down. I would argue the point that he won in Chicago BECAUSE of their defense. The defense was overcoming what he lacked. I said it 2 years ago when they started 6-0 that if the defense faltered(which it did), the offense under Kyle Orton wouldn't be able to overcome it and still win games.

white
    2000 Z28

tebow will need help. until denver gets him a good backfield and more than 1 person to throw to he will not be able to be solid. a qb cannot do things alone. its not an orton vs tebow thing imo. its a lack of help thing. tebow will do a lot better if he has weapons. orton will too. neither will hit anybodys expectations with denvers current roster. young guys with no help fail more often than not. if you want tebow to do well then you should want denver seeking some weapons, not start tebow because i wanna see if he can do better in a system without the talented players around him that are needed to succeed.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

I know Tebow needs help. But I also think Tebow will give us the best chance to succeed. If the pocket collapses or if nobody comes through, he can at least use his legs to make a play. Orton falls over if a gust of wind hits him.

white
    2000 Z28

in denver's current situation, i don't see them winning with either. there is a lot of orton vs tebow talk and who will win the game or lose the game if the chance falls into their hands. imo there isnt much to debate if that team can't get into those situations. if the whole team is the downfall, no one man show can pull it through the games all season long.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    I know Tebow needs help. But I also think Tebow will give us the best chance to succeed. If the pocket collapses or if nobody comes through, he can at least use his legs to make a play. Orton falls over if a gust of wind hits him.
    I agree , just give TeBow a good chance let him play a whole season .. i am sure there is some QBs in the league that are worse that no one it talking about .. Tim is a good guy , that is why all the sportscasters love to take shots at him... Even some Tom Brady pass attempts hit the ground or is intercepted ...

Thread Information