Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo advice

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Tattoo advice

I have been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile now and hoping yall can help me make up my mind. I am wanting to get a tree that runs up the side of my rib cage fairly large and just in black and white. there is a tree on our property which im hoping to base it off of and was going to get "Colossians 2:6-7" running vertical beside the trunk. im also wanting the tree to just be bare no leaves and hoping to get it pretty detailed. i have thought about getting this smaller on my arm but like the idea of having it larger with more detail, also im 5"10 and about 150 pounds so i was thinking it would look better on my side. So anyone that has tattoos please chime in im 18 and just dont want to get something ill regret. i dont think i would regret because it does have meaning to me but i realize there are some things i might not realize now at my age. . .

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

In Russia tree hugs you...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Hey bud,

We have a good thread somewhere from another guy asking for tattoo advice, but now I can't find it to show you. I'll keep looking or maybe someone else will find it and post a link...

But anyway, my main advice is to check many shops/artists and try to see their work, get word of mouth from anyone that has gotten ink from any of them, and take your time choosing a shop/artist. You want to enjoy this your entire life, so don't rush into it and get something that's not quite what you wanted.

I shopped around off and on for about 3 years before I pulled the trigger. I found a great artist who wowed me when I talked to him. I knew pretty quickly that I wanted him to do the work, and he did a fantastic job. gave me exactly what I wanted, but better than I had pictured it. He talked me into the blue sections, he really loved blue, but I had just wanted green and red. But I am glad I listened because I really like the blue as well...

Good luck, and remember, chicks dig ink.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

One thing you could try is to get it done with tattoo markers first to see if you really like it. There are also temporary tattoo ink jet printer sheets available online with mixed reviews. Rule one is if you are concerned with regret then you need to wait. Schmalgar's advice is sound. Research like crazy before you commit. It will cost for a quality tattoo. Knowing as much as possible before hand will mean the difference from a 3rd grader with a pen and something you would see on tv. BTW what part of NC are you?

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by loasdrums View Post
    There are also temporary tattoo ink jet printer sheets available online with mixed reviews.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. My guy drew the tattoo first and scanned/printed it and it must've been that kind of paper because he plastered that on my arm for a while to set the outline on my skin, and then started inking it in. That might be a good idea for you to try, either yourself or maybe your tat artist can do that for you, like a test drive...

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

just make sure you find a skilled artist who actually cares about the quality of his work, where are you in nc i might be able to point you in the right direction if you dont have any artists in mind already

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Get "Your Name" tatooed on your ass.
    Walk in a bar......Tell em....one free beer from everyone of you if I have Your Name tatooed on my ass. They will take that bet. Trust me
    Drop drawers and enjoy your free beer for the rest of your life. Oh yeah....Get a Big Red Heart with General Motors ....and a Texas/Confederate Flag....your all set then
    Screw all the ghey Japanese warrior tree limb shit. I'm talking free beer here.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post

Good luck, and remember, chicks dig ink.

Click for full size

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ox4NMsQAiM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ox4NMsQAiM&feature=related[/ame]

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28guy View Post
    just make sure you find a skilled artist who actually cares about the quality of his work, where are you in nc i might be able to point you in the right direction if you dont have any artists in mind already
    Dude, you just seriously confused me. I thought you were the OP responding to yourself. Took me a long minute to unravel that mystery! Names... too.. similar...

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Dude, you just seriously confused me. I thought you were the OP responding to yourself. Took me a long minute to unravel that mystery! Names... too.. similar...
    shit if you think thats bad i saw this thread and for a second thought i had gotten drunk and posted a thread about getting a tattoo and forgotten about it

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Bah. My arm isn't as lame as that outfit! And if it is, shut up and let me live in ignorance! In my world, chicks did the dragon!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i'm covered in tattoos & you should probs get it on your ribs, you're still a pup... if you're 18 and asking for tattoo advice, i'd get it somewhere that you can easily cover it up. also, get it with lots of detail, not only will it look better but you will have used your $$ wisely to get something you're really, really proud of. make sure it definitely what you want before ya do it.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

^^ ya ya to that too

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

I agree with the side/ribs being the better spot for this. Google tree tattoos it's a pretty common tattoo and seeing how others turned out might give you some ideas for yours. If it was me I'd go with color but that's just what I like. Also if you do end up putting on your side/ribs be ready, sitting through a couple hours of work there sucks.
    Last edited by davidz28guy; 12-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I have 6 myself, and dont regret a single one cause they all have meaning to me, also their all in good taste that can be covered up!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

best advice I can give you......don't. You'll grow out of wanting one.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    best advice I can give you......don't. You'll grow out of wanting one.
    I think that's mostly true if you rush into a tattoo. I've had mine 8 years now and am no less happy with the decision to get it than I was then. As most of us have said, just don't rush into it. Which it sounds like you're not...

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28 View Post
    So anyone that has tattoos please chime in im 18 and just dont want to get something ill regret. i dont think i would regret because it does have meaning to me but i realize there are some things i might not realize now at my age. . .
    Wait 10 years. If you still want it then do it.

I have always wanted a tattoo of Don Prudhomme's 1994 Skoal Bandit on my chest. I have wanted it since 1994 so I'm good with the choice, however I live in Maine and I'm now concerned about the ink and fading...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Technically I forget I have them sometimes!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information