Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Talking in my Sleep...well sort of

According to ym fiance, I've been saying things when I'm semi-conscious...this has happened twice now, and the funny thing is taht they've both been car related.

1. I was sleeping and she was sitting up reading, well, I apparently roll over, open my eyes and say, "I'm sorry you don't have enough horsepower." When she asks me "what?", I repeated what I had said and rolled back over asleep. I don't remember doing this, nor do I remember what dream I was having that might trigger me to say that.

2. Last night as we were falling asleep, my fiance had left the monitors to my computer on because I usually stay up for a few hours playing Warcrack or some other pointless game. Well, last night I was so tired I just laid in bed and went to sleep. Well apparently before I fell completely asleep I told my fiance to turn out the headlights, which she took to assume that monitors on my computer. By the time she got out of bed walked the 10 feet to my computer and turned them off, I was out.

Anyone else have some weird sleep related stories?

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Oh man.

I talk in my sleep. I have extremely vivid dreams that often seem to cross into reality (I 'wake up', but am still dreaming). I've completely flopped myself out of bed on more than one occasion because I dreamed I was in a fight or something. The worst are my spider nightmares. I've nearly punched my wife (and would have, if she hadn't moved) because I thought there was a spider behind her pillow.

My girlfriend invited me in for a freebie once in her sleep. I flipped the covers off and grabbed her pants and before i got them halfway off she "woke up" and started bitching at me.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Oh man.

I talk in my sleep. I have extremely vivid dreams that often seem to cross into reality (I 'wake up', but am still dreaming). I've completely flopped myself out of bed on more than one occasion because I dreamed I was in a fight or something. The worst are my spider nightmares. I've nearly punched my wife (and would have, if she hadn't moved) because I thought there was a spider behind her pillow.
    I do the exact same thing. Chase spiders and shit at night. I'll get up and turn on the lights and all kinds of stuff trying to kill those things.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Oh man.

look up "sleep paralysis"

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i've yelled at my dog to go take a shit in my sleep...

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i once had this dream where i was in a fight with 20 men. My arm was broken but i was still fighting them off, the pain was so real. Well i woke up and there was 20 dead men and my arm was broken....................Sorry 22 dead men.

I have a friend that has sleep paralysis, in sleep paralysis you can't move. When you sleep your brain sends a signal to your spinal cord to stop movement. Well sometimes you wake up but you can't move because your brain is still sending that signal. It is some freaky shit.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I laugh in my sleep quite a bit. Can't remember any specific dreams, but they were hilarious. I just lay there and giggle all night long. Parents said I've been doing it since I was little, but didn't believe them until I actually woke myself up while in the middle of a laughing fit.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I dated this wacko chick who after drinkn wine would say things that made absolutely no sense. Wouldn't respond or acknowledge me at all.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i've yelled at my dog to go take a shit in my sleep...

ZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post

I have a friend that has sleep paralysis, in sleep paralysis you can't move. When you sleep your brain sends a signal to your spinal cord to stop movement. Well sometimes you wake up but you can't move because your brain is still sending that signal. It is some freaky shit.
    i've had that happen a few times... i'm still seeing my dream and also seeing what ever i'm looking at when i wake up... can't move and it makes you panic... it doesn't last long but for as long as it lasts it feels like forever...

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

lately i've been grinding my teeth really loud. my girl wakes up and elbows me because it wakes her up. i used to also dream i was fighting and i would punch all night and wake up feeling exhausted and the covers are all fucked up from me swinging everywhere. i would even dream i was punching in slow motion because the covers constricted me

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i've had that happen a few times... i'm still seeing my dream and also seeing what ever i'm looking at when i wake up... can't move and it makes you panic... it doesn't last long but for as long as it lasts it feels like forever...
    Yeah it used to freak me the f#ck out! You think you're awake and see all kinds of crazy shit and it feels like people are watching you and standing on your chest. They say a lot of people who thought they were visited by aliens were actually just experiencing sleep paralysis. I got so into researching it that I figured out if I sleep on my back with my head at a 45 degree angle, cross my legs and cross my arms on my chest that I am guaranteed to experience it after I fall sleep.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

My dad tells me of a time I came from my room early in the morning, walked out with a blank stare on my face and said "where's the nine" and turned around and went back to bed for another hour or so with no recollection of it at all.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I'm a terrible sleep talker/walker. I've been told that you can start a conversation with me just about anytime I'm asleep...no matter if I've been asleep 5 minutes or 5 hours. If I fall asleep on the couch or something, I join in to everyone else in the rooms conversation.

When I sleep walk, I'm always getting up to do pointless things....one time I got up and unhooked several of the cables going to the back of my computer...I've pulled all the blankets/linens out of a linen closet and just left them sitting in the hallway...I take showers all the time in my sleep...my dad tells me I go out in the garage a lot of nights and come back in like 5 minutes later....I got in and started my car once and did the same thing to my moms car once (never actually drove them. my dad stopped me) One time we were staying in a hotel in downtown St. Louis and I walked all the way out of the room out of the building at like 2 in the morning. (I was only 14 at the time) My dad ended up finding me getting off the elevator on our floor.

Black
    99SS

I have the one were I'm in HS still and can't remember where my locker is, or the combination, or what or where my classes are.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    I'm a terrible sleep talker/walker. I've been told that you can start a conversation with me just about anytime I'm asleep...no matter if I've been asleep 5 minutes or 5 hours. If I fall asleep on the couch or something, I join in to everyone else in the rooms conversation.

When I sleep walk, I'm always getting up to do pointless things....one time I got up and unhooked several of the cables going to the back of my computer...I've pulled all the blankets/linens out of a linen closet and just left them sitting in the hallway...I take showers all the time in my sleep...my dad tells me I go out in the garage a lot of nights and come back in like 5 minutes later....I got in and started my car once and did the same thing to my moms car once (never actually drove them. my dad stopped me) One time we were staying in a hotel in downtown St. Louis and I walked all the way out of the room out of the building at like 2 in the morning. (I was only 14 at the time) My dad ended up finding me getting off the elevator on our floor.
    I'd be careful man...there was a forensic files episode where a guy killed his wife while he was sleeping. That was his defense anyway

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I'd be careful man...there was a forensic files episode where a guy killed his wife while he was sleeping. That was his defense anyway
    Hahah I've been worried since I've started college, living in the dorm. I know I've taken showers cause I've woken up with wet hair/pillow and my bath towel was wet. As far as I know though, I haven't left the building yet...you have to have a card key to get back in and I doubt I would be smart enough to grab my wallet in my sleep before I left. haha

I've also started the microwave a couple times without even putting anything in it

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    these are some really good stories. i got some good laughs out of them. when i was about 5, my brother was 2, and we had our beds a few feet from each other. i "woke up" in the middle of the night, stood on my bed, turned towards my brother, and pissed right on him while he was sleeping. another time, my parents said i was standing in front of the refrigerator with the door open, i pulled down my pants and they stopped me before i started pissing in the fridge, lol.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    these are some really good stories. i got some good laughs out of them. when i was about 5, my brother was 2, and we had our beds a few feet from each other. i "woke up" in the middle of the night, stood on my bed, turned towards my brother, and pissed right on him while he was sleeping. another time, my parents said i was standing in front of the refrigerator with the door open, i pulled down my pants and they stopped me before i started pissing in the fridge, lol.
    I have this old football shaped toy box in my closet from when I was little. I just keep a bunch of junk in it like books and a bunch of shit and like 2 years ago I woke up and took a piss in it. I didn't even know it for like 2 days until I smelled it in my closet. Right when I smelled it. I really faintly remembered it and immediately put it together.

I just threw everything in it away and took it out in the backyard and hosed it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information