Thread: Talkin Smack

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Talkin Smack

Ok, this kid at my work has a 94 dodge stealth R/T TwinTurbo he likes to boast that he could take my 99 TransAM His car is a Bone stock manuel my T/A Has the A4 with 3.23 Gears,Lid and SLP LM Exaust does anyone here think this is anything to worry about cause I dont really think it is I just want a second opinion from my my fellow LS1 brothers here, when the weather gets better im planning on takin a run with him,cause I really want to spank that stealth and shut him up.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Yeah, definitely make sure to do it on dry pavement as I THINK those are AWD if that is the same thing as a VR4 3000GT (if it's twin turbo I think it is). Other than that you should be fine as long as you hook. I think they are a high 13 sec or low 14 sec car (someone correct me if I'm wrong) stock? You'd probably be at the advantage to go from a slow roll to avoid him jumping out in front with AWD at the start. Always possible he could miss a shift too or just be a bad driver. If he has turned up the boost though, it might be more difficult.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

He "claims" that he runs a even 13.0 seconds flat in the quarter which I think is total BS I would agree with the high 13's or low 14's thats what I was think'in he runs in reality,this kid thinks his car is GOD

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

http://cjbyron.com/3000gtspecifications.htm

0 - 60 mph : 5.4 seconds
    0 - 100 mph : 13.6 seconds
    (stock times)

Weight - 3781 pounds
    320 Horsepower
    @ 6000 rpm, 315 lbs.-ft. Torque @ 2500 rpm

If he is running 13 flat, he's done something to it. I don't doubt he can, but if he is it's obviously either not stock or it was on slicks with perfect driving or something.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Hey thanks for those stats I was hav'in trouble find'in specific ones on it, yeah i think it would be safe to take him from a roll, the funny thing is even with his cocky attitude he is confident he's gonna easly pass me up from a start but he's worried about me on the high end side catching up and passing him.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Hey, no problem, my pleasure - I was curious about it's stats myself since there is a VR4 running around here too (a nice blue one). That guys cockiness might just get him embarassed. LS1s make good power throughout.. if it weren't for the hookup advantage he has he should be worried about the entire range. Based on those stats, it looks like you could even take him from a dig decently as long as you don't spin much and ease on it.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Yeah, A year or two ago i had a VR4 roll up on me on the highway go'in 55 MPH we both lined up staying at 55 and I took him by about two car lengths up to 70 or 80 mph, not to sure it was so long ago kinda foggy but i remember not having to much of a problem walk'in away from him.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Yeah, you wont have a hard time walking away from him from the roll at all I wouldn't think. But if he is really running 13s somehow.. look out!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

HaH ya no doubt thanx for the advice I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out when it happens!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

A friend of mine has a VR4 with full exhaust, turbo timer and boost controller and he claims to have bout 400 HP. Not quite sure i believe that but im gunna run him soon. Most people I have asked say I will win but will see

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

how come everyone with a vr4 is a coky sumb!tch?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Practice your launch or ricer roll him

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    HaH ya no doubt thanx for the advice I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out when it happens!
    Where in MN are ya dude?

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_TA View Post
    A friend of mine has a VR4 with full exhaust, turbo timer and boost controller and he claims to have bout 400 HP. Not quite sure i believe that but im gunna run him soon. Most people I have asked say I will win but will see
    What the fuck is it with this import guys and "turbo timers"? Back when i was street racing my buick all the ricers would ask if my square digital knock gauge was a turbo timer and when i would tell them "no" they would look all disappointed. I was asked about having a "turbo timer" at least once every weekend i'm not even bullshitting here.

I never saw the point in one. It's just a useless gadget that has a purpose but it isn't needed.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    What the fuck is it with this import guys and "turbo timers"? Back when i was street racing my buick all the ricers would ask if my square digital knock gauge was a turbo timer and when i would tell them "no" they would look all disappointed. I was asked about having a "turbo timer" at least once every weekend i'm not even bullshitting here.

I never saw the point in one. It's just a useless gadget that has a purpose but it isn't needed.
    I get asked the same crap in my Thunderbird all the time. I have a little clock and outside/inside temp thing I stuck in it because I like it better than the factory clock. I don't need a timer, I've got the common sense to know if I've been running my car hard to let it all sit running for a few minutes afterwords on my own without some piece of electronics doing it for me.

My 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... ASC# 1244 ... Born on June 23, 2001

Thread Information