Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Suncoast Customs

I don't know where this belongs, but I'm going to stick it here and see what happens.

I ordered a Raptor hood from Suncoast Creations via their website on Saturday 11/14. My credit card was charged immediately for the $1,215 purchase price. Ric Schildwachter, "President Suncoast Automotive Performance, Inc." contacted me first thing Monday morning with a question about my order. I responded immediately, and he acknowledged immediately.

On Thursday 11/19 I came across a good deal locally on a real Firehawk hood and wheels. I e-mailed Ric and asked him to cancel my order IF it had not shipped. He did not reply.

I called and left a message on 11/20. No reply.

I called several other times between 11/21 and now, only to get the run-around. Eric is to process my credit, they say, but he's not available. On 12/4 I actually caught Eric on the phone and he apologized for the delay and said his "computer is down" but he'd process my credit as soon as they came back up.

Nothing.

I left a message on 12/11 saying that I need that credit or I'd have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. No response.

So here we are a month later, no hood and I'm out $1,215. I disputed it with the CC company, but that's a long arduous process.

Assuming that they weren't returning my calls because the hood was on the way, I posted this ad:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...light=suncoast

But the hood never arrived, nor did my credit.

That's my story. Nothing but the facts. Buyer beware.

Jim
    Last edited by turbojimmy; 12-16-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Shiiiiiiit and i was gonna order from them, not anymore!

Black

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Shiiiiiiit and i was gonna order from them, not anymore!
    You might be okay if you order from one of the vendors that sell their stuff, but I wouldn't buy any of their stuff as a matter of principle.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Raptor hoods are $1,215.00??? Jesus Christ!

Black

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Raptor hoods are $1,215.00??? Jesus Christ!
    The hood is $695. I got the optional heat extractors ($100), the ram air kit ($295) plus $125 for shipping. It adds up quick!

I got a real Firehawk hood for $650 and had it refinished for $300, so if I actually get a refund from Suncoast I'd have come out a little ahead of the game. If not, it will be a very expensive hood swap.

Jim

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I got my WS9 hood from Roger at US Exotics for $500, delivered by Roger himself for free as he was traveling thru my state. I'd have a hard time shelling out that much coin for an aftermarket hood. I believe OEM WS6 hoods are $1,300 (minus shipping) from GMparts direct. Well I hope you get your money back. Shit like this usually works out in the end.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

+1 stock ramair hoods are about $1,300.00

thats shitty customer service right there, id call all day everyday until i got my money back. good luck

call and ask for Eric and before you answer who you are ask if his computer is up, then when he says yeah, tell him you need your money back immediately. Id lose sleep at night over something like that, it would burn me up

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think both are at fault. Suncoast for not getting with this guy and at least keeping him informed on what's going on. That's unacceptable. It's also the OP's fault for ordering and paying for a hood then 5-6 days later cancelling the order. Either you were still hood shopping or you weren't. If you order the hood then at that point you found the hood you were looking for and willing to buy. Had you not of cancelled the order you would most likely have your hood by now. Instead you threw the wrench in the system the weekend before Thanksgiving I might add when most people are taking vacations and anyone that takes vacations knows that when you get back your loaded down with shit for a couple of weeks. Like I say, it's unacceptable for them not to keep you informed on what happened but this was a self inflicted wound IMO.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think both are at fault. Suncoast for not getting with this guy and at least keeping him informed on what's going on. That's unacceptable. It's also the OP's fault for ordering and paying for a hood then 5-6 days later cancelling the order. Either you were still hood shopping or you weren't. If you order the hood then at that point you found the hood you were looking for and willing to buy. Had you not of cancelled the order you would most likely have your hood by now. Instead you threw the wrench in the system the weekend before Thanksgiving I might add when most people are taking vacations and anyone that takes vacations knows that when you get back your loaded down with shit for a couple of weeks. Like I say, it's unacceptable for them not to keep you informed on what happened but this was a self inflicted wound IMO.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

these threads bother me quite a bit actually. Someone has 67 posts in almost 3 years but as soon as they have a problem with a company they're the first on here slandering the company and the company is guilty from post 2 on. Use your heads people. If you order shit the week before Thanksgiving and cancel it the weekend before thanksgiving it may be a while.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It's probably the 'breathable' air in New Jersey, fogging up his common sense.

these threads bother me quite a bit actually. Someone has 67 posts in almost 3 years but as soon as they have a problem with a company they're the first on here slandering the company and the company is guilty from post 2 on. Use your heads people. If you order shit the week before Thanksgiving and cancel it the weekend before thanksgiving it may be a while.

Black

How is it slander? I presented the facts. Check the definition of slander before you accuse me of it.

I've been on here for 3 years, but did not own an LS1 until this past April. My lack of a high post count doesn't make me any less credible. I'm very active on other automotive boards, with thousands of posts, under the same username. Excuse me for only owning an LS1 for a short period of time.

I was done hood shopping, hence my purchase with Suncoast. I then went wheel shopping. It just so happened that a local guy had a set of Firehawk wheels also had a Firehawk hood. Let's face it - it's a pretty remarkable event to find genuine Firehawk parts for sale in your back yard. I wasn't interested in a genuine hood until I stumbled across this package deal. It was bad timing.

If Suncoast has time to answer the phone, which they have on 3 occasions, then they have the time to process a credit. It takes far less time to process a credit than it does to manufacture, pack and ship a hood. Would I have had my hood by now? I don't know. An entire month has passed and they are not returning my calls anymore.

I'm merely presenting the facts and people can make their own decision about whether to to business with them. People should be able to post factual accounts of their mistreatement without fear of reprisal. It's the only way to prevent more victims.

Jim

I dont know what sort of business ethics you have but i disagree. If the man orders from me and i havent shipped it, ill gladly refund it. Its his damn money, doesnt matter how or why , he can cancel if he wants .He at least deserves a phone call no matter what the $ amount, its BS and i dont see how he is at fault at all. Holiday or not , the next business day upon opening this man should have some sort of answer on the status of his order, plain and simple.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

must pay a restocking fee to make up for the canceled order then it's fair

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post

IF its been pulled and prepped for packaging of course but how is he to know if they wont call him back??

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I am not on there side

Black

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    I'd gladly pay a restocking fee, but they haven't told me anything other than "Eric" is supposed to issue a credit. It's been weeks since they told me that - it just doesn't take that long. If they intended to issue a credit they'd have done it by now, or offered up a reason why they couldn't/haven't. I've gotten nothing, hence my post. This was my only recourse, really, when the phone calls and e-mails failed. In addition to providing a warning to others, I was hoping to get their attention this way.

Jim

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

You could refuse delivery and contest the charge to your card. If it's within 60 you can contest any charge. I could be wrong.

Goto:
    www.clarkhoward.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information