let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

stupid tennessee law

So I got a ticket like back in november and went to court over it and it went on my record. 3 points big deal. lol. but then last week I recieved a notice in the mail that they were pulling my license because of some "better drivers movement" they are pulling my license in the middle of april til I send them my grades for this semester. what type of bs is that. I have been passing all my classes and all and when I called them they said it's because of my ticket. I think it's really stupid because I'll have 2 weeks left of school before the semester is over after that. I have to drive to school because I am attending middle college which means I am basically a college student having to deal with high school laws. that is bullshit.

just thought I'd say that.

good day

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Im 16 and live in tennessee as well. I moved down here from michigan and they didnt have any of this grade shit up there. I tore my maniscus during football in my first semester here and the school only sent that one in (failed my classes from missing 2 and half weeks from surgery) and didnt keep upgrading the info every semester like they should (because now im passing with a 3.47 gpa). So long story short i got a notice in the mail saying my license is suspended due to none passing grades. Me and my dad just looked at each other like wdf ? i personally hate TN when it comes to this shit. its like um how am i suppost to get to school if i dont have a license ? my parents work all day, and buses dont come out here ? and what about getting back and forth to work ... dumbass law in my opinion.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28importslayer View Post
    Im 16 and live in tennessee as well. I moved down here from michigan and they didnt have any of this grade shit up there. I tore my maniscus during football in my first semester here and the school only sent that one in (failed my classes from missing 2 and half weeks from surgery) and didnt keep upgrading the info every semester like they should (because now im passing with a 3.47 gpa). So long story short i got a notice in the mail saying my license is suspended due to none passing grades. Me and my dad just looked at each other like wdf ? i personally hate TN when it comes to this shit. its like um how am i suppost to get to school if i dont have a license ? my parents work all day, and buses dont come out here ? and what about getting back and forth to work ... dumbass law in my opinion.
    yeah. technically if you can't ride a bus to school you can get a hardship license for jsut going to and from school and work. I think I'm getting one for a month. which will suck but who listens to the restrictions. I take classes all the time. even a couple night classes. if I get in trouble on a friday night I'll just say I stopped by some place on the way home from school. lol.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28importslayer View Post
    They probably think if you get good grades you're less likely to inbreed

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    ROTFL

that is rediculous, isn't it up to parents to punish their children?

pie
    free

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    So I got a ticket like back in november and went to court over it and it went on my record. 3 points big deal. lol. but then last week I recieved a notice in the mail that they were pulling my license because of some "better drivers movement" they are pulling my license in the middle of april til I send them my grades for this semester. what type of bs is that. I have been passing all my classes and all and when I called them they said it's because of my ticket. I think it's really stupid because I'll have 2 weeks left of school before the semester is over after that. I have to drive to school because I am attending middle college which means I am basically a college student having to deal with high school laws. that is bullshit.

just thought I'd say that.

good day
    thats is stupid, wonder how many other states do that ?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

<---Way too old to have to worry about it.....

white
    94 camaro z28

well I get good grades. I have 3.3gpa right now. it was a 3.6 but last semester was crap.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    thats is stupid, wonder how many other states do that ?
    I don't know. I know they do it in tennessee though. i think they do in florida. I don't know though. but yeah. I'll have about 3 weeks of down time to do anything I want with the car... sending it to the body shop.lol. after I get it back from the body shop... I think I'll take my heads off and get a couple things changed on them. I liked what happened last time i did that. maybe I could get roberts and sons to do a 205cc port and oversized valves for me. that would be a nice kick in the ass for my car. lol.

Thread Information