Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid people

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

stupid people

so I bought a new car to keep the bird in the garage this winter a 2010 hyundai elantra I have it a whole two weeks and as I am stopped at a red light some stupid bitch drives into the back of me at about 20 and jacks up my bumper now the value of my two week old car has dropped and it will forever be my new car that was new for only two weeks but atleast it wasnt the bird.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    so I bought a new car to keep the bird in the garage this winter a 2010 hyundai elantra I have it a whole two weeks and as I am stopped at a red light some stupid bitch drives into the back of me at about 20 and jacks up my bumper now the value of my two week old car has dropped and it will forever be my new car that was new for only two weeks but atleast it wasnt the bird.
    shoulda gotten an american car man.... not that it has anything to do with getting hit but come on why would u support hyundai and korea when you coulda gotten a chevy cobalt or pontiac g3 or ford fusion or any other number of affordable american cars out there? this country and all of its great products are going away or being exported because people are not buying them for rediculous reasons.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

truely sucks!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    shoulda gotten an american car man.... not that it has anything to do with getting hit but come on why would u support hyundai and korea when you coulda gotten a chevy cobalt or pontiac g3 or ford fusion or any other number of affordable american cars out there? this country and all of its great products are going away or being exported because people are not buying them for rediculous reasons.
    No, these jobs and car companys are being sent to other countrys because the company itself found out the can get the same job doen for less than half the labor cost. Its the companys who are sending the jobs away to try and make more money.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Playing the Devil's Advacate:

But Hyundai, Nissain, Honda, & Toyota are building plants in the U.S.A and have been producing cars on our soil for almost a decade. So in a way they are American built cars.

But true be told they only biult plants to skirt around tariffs, taxes, and shipping.

Parts are still made in Japan/China/Taiwan and shipped over here. We provide the labor force that is a higher cost than theirs but they still charge a high amount for the car as if it was shipped from overseas to offset our labor force cost and still make a killing.

And most "American" cars built today have most of their parts shipped from where?!? Answer = same as everyone else = Japan/China/Taiwan

So what difference it makes?!? = Not one as long as the cars built in the U.S.A have Americans at work. At least till we start producing parts and products 100% of the time in the U.S.A *tear, I still remember that label, haven't seen it in a long ass time, another tear*

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Playing the Devil's Advacate:

But Hyundai, Nissain, Honda, & Toyota are building plants in the U.S.A and have been producing cars on our soil for almost a decade. So in a way they are American built cars.

But true be told they only biult plants to skirt around tariffs, taxes, and shipping.

Parts are still made in Japan/China/Taiwan and shipped over here. We provide the labor force that is a higher cost than theirs but they still charge a high amount for the car as if it was shipped from overseas to offset our labor force cost and still make a killing.

And most "American" cars built today have most of their parts shipped from where?!? Answer = same as everyone else = Japan/China/Taiwan

So what difference it makes?!? = Not one as long as the cars built in the U.S.A have Americans at work. At least till we start producing parts and products 100% of the time in the U.S.A *tear, I still remember that label, haven't seen it in a long ass time, another tear*
    most of what you say is true except u leave out how every car sold makes a profit for that particular company. so every jap car sold gives that company a profit which therefore pays its white collar workers as well as Japan itself from the income tax. id rather pay the people who work here as well as our own country (although they could find better use for our tax dollars)

Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar

Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I hate it when idiot drivers follow too close. Luckily, now I only drive my bird a few times a month, but nothing pisses me off more than no brain idiots that ride your ass. I'm still waiting for the day when someone really pisses me off and I get out of my car and beat the shit out of them. If you don't give two shits about your car, that's you poragative, but don't let your carelessness jeopordize a car that I would give my left nut for.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I got the hyundai for its fuel economy,better waranty,low cost,and the fact that the over all matinence cost is low

un like my bird

that like most f-bodies needs constant care

gm gets plenty of my money

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

most of what you say is true except u leave out how every car sold makes a profit for that particular company. so every jap car sold gives that company a profit which therefore pays its white collar workers as well as Japan itself from the income tax. id rather pay the people who work here as well as our own country (although they could find better use for our tax dollars)
    Agree, and I thought that was a given.

I also believe the unions are killing American companies right now. I don't want to debate that because it takes away from the OP's original post. We kinda got side tracked from it and I know there was a thread in the political/debate section of AAG that discussed that topic.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 10-29-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Agree, and I thought that was a given.

I also believe the unions are killing American companies right now. I don't want to debate that because it takes away from the OP's original post. We kinda got side tracked from it and I know there was a thread in the political/debate section of AAG that discussed that topic.
    I'm union, and I get paid WAY too much.

You guys all know that Firebirds were built in Canada, right? And most GM cars are built in Mexicao? I don't care where the end dollars go, as long as American workers have job. Nissan employs more American workers than most American company's. I had a Fronteir that was made in Tennessee, and a co-worker called me a Commie. That makes sense Then I showed his how his Silverado was built in Mexico

Anyhoo...that sucks about the new car. Someone ran a carriage down the side of my new car the second day I owned it. Worst feeling in the world.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

I got the hyundai for its fuel economy,better waranty,low cost,and the fact that the over all matinence cost is low

un like my bird

yea man i dont blame ya. kinda just hate foreign cars right now but didnt mean to come at u like that before.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

lol at the hyun-die, my friend has a tiburon and the wheel squeeks like crazy, while he was talling me about it another hyndai rolls by us with the same problem, and another one was backing out of a space right behind it again with the same problem, that was an epic moment.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Doesn't just fall on cars- take a look at all your labels on your products: clothes, beer (!), even common household items like dryer softener sheets and light bulbs. We have American made products out there, u just have to look for them.

I get upset at my wife discussing this topic bc she wants a Lexus (uppity broad, lol) and it kills me how our American automobiles are viewed by the public. The Cash for clunkers program: No. 1 vehicle turned in for $ = Ford Explorer... No. 1 vehicle purchased with that $ = Toyota Corolla. That was $ to stimulate OUR economy.

Getting back on track to what this thread was about- I'm sorry to hear about ur new car. That is BS. But optimistically, you bought the car to supplement ur REAL car and keep it protected from idiots in ur daily commutes. Too bad that it had to cash in on that task so soon. At least ur F-Bod is okay. That would have been the real crime. Fix the car and move on. Or, say screw the hyundai and use the claim $ to add more mods!!!
    Last edited by weberje; 10-30-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by weberje View Post
    Doesn't just fall on cars- take a look at all your labels on your products: clothes, beer (!), even common household items like dryer softener sheets and light bulbs. We have American made products out there, u just have to look for them.

I get upset at my wife discussing this topic bc she wants a Lexus (uppity broad, lol) and it kills me how our American automobiles are viewed by the public. The Cash for clunkers program: No. 1 vehicle turned in for $ = Ford Explorer... No. 1 vehicle purchased with that $ = Toyota Corolla. That was $ to stimulate OUR economy.

Getting back on track to what this thread was about- I'm sorry to hear about ur new car. That is BS. But optimistically, you bought the car to supplement ur REAL car and keep it protected from idiots in ur daily commutes. Too bad that it had to cash in on that task so soon. At least ur F-Bod is okay. That would have been the real crime. Fix the car and move on. Or, say screw the hyundai and use the claim $ to add more mods!!!
    yea that whole cash for clunkers thing should have only been for people purchasing a car from the Big 3 thats it.

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

un like my bird

I bought a 2006 4 cylinder Hyundai Sonata in January when I changed jobs. I put 12K miles on my 2002 WS6 in 5 months before I bought it. It is a 100 mile round trip to work + sales appointments. Since January I put 21K on the Hyundai and 3K on the bird!

And please no comments that I see all the time that they are made to drive not sit. I take the WS6 out once a week to work and back + weekends around town and such.

The Hyundai's are good cars, they came a long way. And a smart move if you just want to beat on it everday to save money and gas preserve your TA. That was a good call Dirty Jerz....

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Thanks my dad has a 66 gto but he loves his hyundai elantra for the every day he is looking in to geting his 3rd one

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Yea there is nothing truly american anymore.

I tend to favor the designing of the american cars over the foreign ones.

At least with what I can afford anyways

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

This thread is depressing, why did Americans let this happen? Why do we have to be so greedy to import everything?

There's an epidemic of people following too closely, especially at low speeds, I believe. This summer, I was almost rear-ended twice. Each time I stopped suddenly for a reason and maybe shouldn't have, but I doubt a vehicle a few car lengths behind would have come close to hitting me.

Yeah, at least it wasn't your good car.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I don't give a fuck who builds a car, either I like it or I don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information