Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Neighbor

Blue

Stupid Neighbor

This stupid neibor of mine keeps parking her car in her back yard and uses my driveway and grass to enter/exit. Ive contacted her landlord about it and he seems like he is on my side of things and have told her at least twice not to drive threw my yard driveway ,well i caught her again last night and going to take a pic of her doing it next time so i have proof,dont care is she see's me or not. Was thinking after I ge tthe pic of calling her landlord again and leaving a note on her w/shield for 1 last warning then go to local police,thing is i rent,im rsponsible for the property,i dont really want to get my landlord involved unless i have too? Should i contact my landlord 1st before police or should i go on my own sice im responsible for the property?? She must be stupid to to understand this,btw she soesnt work and is from another country besides u.s. She also decided to put some of her trash in my can when they didnt take hers well i took it back out and threw it on her back porch,lol. questions what would u do in my shoes that is legal?? just lookin for advice thx.
    Last edited by tornado; 07-03-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

You've contacted the landlord regarding the issue, so now you need to step it up a notch and get the police involved since he doesn't seem to have a care in the matter. You can have her trespassed from your property and if she continues to do what she's doing you can pursue charges against her. Even if you don't want to press charges, it won't hurt to have a police report on file documenting the issue. Just check the laws where you live, as they can vary from state to state. If nothing else, a good LEO or a lawyer can advise you on your best course of action. Take photos and make a note of the date and times your neighbor does this, and note any damage she may have caused, and take pictures of such.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Blue

its going to be hard to get pics of everytime,i work,she doesnt ,my roomate somewhat parks on grass so there is a small mark from that and her,Ill catch her again im sure ill just make sure that i note times and pics of when i can catch her. Never had a problem with the previous tenant,i hate stupid people. Its bad snought she doesnt work and she goes out drinking and comes home and cant park straight,btw she on welfare lol,but she can go out and get smokes and beer and not work.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Yep, that's usually how it goes.
    Last edited by FinZ28; 07-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Sam's sells video cameras that have motion sensors that record. Even has voice and night vision. Not to expensive or difficult to install.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I'm not sure how her backyard and your driveway connect but if you can block her in so she can't get out...a big ass rock will work. Or walk over to her car at night and cut the wiring harness to her fuel pump...she'll never figure it out.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 07-03-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Sounds like you need to go talk to her directly. This should have been your first action and if you can keep your temper and explain your issue might have actually solved the problem.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    Sounds like you need to go talk to her directly. This should have been your first action and if you can keep your temper and explain your issue might have actually solved the problem.
    I did talk to her already in the past,she is stupid. Im not cutting any harnesses. my driveway is about 20 ft long and her grass is right next to my driveway,she doesnt have a driveway,she most of the time drivers threw her gras,then sometimes mine and my driveway,she doesnt get it,stupid stupid stupid

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I would keep a list of dates and times that you did talk to her, as well as when you spoke to her landlord. I would call your land lord if you think that she is in fact causing damage to the property that you feel you may be held liable for at some point. Take pictures and video of her driving over the grass and or parking. If she won't comply with your requests, continues to damage the area, a call to the police and filing a report will also help. That covers your ass later when you want to move out and you'd like all of your security deposit back.

If that doesn't work, then at least your land lord is notified, you're off the hook, have done everything you could on your end, and your land lord can then take her to court for damages if need be.

I will say though, that if your room mate parks in the same spot, that that could easily be seen as contributing to the damage. All your neighbor would need is one picture of his car in the damaged spot. So... keep that in mind.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Hindenberg...

Light her ass on fire and kick her down some stairs. Then run around screaming oh the humanity. That should drive it into her skull

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Nails, lots of nails.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Nails, lots of nails.
    I glad I'm not the only one that thought of this.

I was going to say homemade spike strip works great too.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like a quality of life issue. As stated above, get pics and file reports. Just don't go getting yourself in trouble. There should be ordinances regarding parking vehicles on grass or in backyards in your area. Hell, find out if she's naturalized, if not, some LEOs would LOVE to go in and play exterminator.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Land mines... Should do the trick..

Or hand grenade tossed in her back seat as she drives by..

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Who parks in a backyard, sounds like the repo men are looking for her car.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I glad I'm not the only one that thought of this.

I was going to say homemade spike strip works great too.
    Great minds think alike - spike strips was the first thing that came to mind when I began reading this post.

I also liked the idea of waiting until she puts her car in the yard and then moving something heavy in the way to trap her car in.

Navy Blue Metallic

If you want annoyance get some long zip ties like 18"-24" and tie them to the drive shaft.

lots of fun....

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I would keep a list of dates and times that you did talk to her, as well as when you spoke to her landlord. I would call your land lord if you think that she is in fact causing damage to the property that you feel you may be held liable for at some point. Take pictures and video of her driving over the grass and or parking. If she won't comply with your requests, continues to damage the area, a call to the police and filing a report will also help. That covers your ass later when you want to move out and you'd like all of your security deposit back.

If that doesn't work, then at least your land lord is notified, you're off the hook, have done everything you could on your end, and your land lord can then take her to court for damages if need be.

I will say though, that if your room mate parks in the same spot, that that could easily be seen as contributing to the damage. All your neighbor would need is one picture of his car in the damaged spot. So... keep that in mind.

^^^^OP make sure your read this ^^^^^

I own my own rental property and manage rental property for other people. Mrs. Reef hit the nail on the head. Contact your landlord and let him know. It will help you in several ways. First it'll will get you off the hook for the damage. Second he may not be worried about it at all and if your not worried about it then who cares if she drives through there. Third, he may want to get involved. If he does it will make it easier for you to get it stopped.

You said you didn't want to get your landlord involved. So instead of going to him and saying "this idiot is driving through my yard make her stop." You can tell him "this idiot is driving through my yard. I've asked her to stop. I've asked her landlord to make her stop. If she doesn't, I'm going to the cops. Just wanted to give you a heads up." That way he has the choice to get involved or not. And it shows to your landlord that you are trying to take care of the place.

Also I like the big rock or blocking her in with something idea. I think the spike strips could get you in trouble. But if she was blocked in with something she could see I don't see how you could get in trouble.

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer and I could lose my real estate license for giving legal advice.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Its not his fault she ran over objects in his yard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information