Thread: stupid idea?

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

stupid idea?

I had a 99 t/a that i traded in on a 05' srt. Love the car but kinda miss my t/a. I have had my srt for about a month now, i payed about 18,400 when its all said and done. Was wondering if it would be bad if i traded it back in on a 13-14K t/a? How you think the bank would look at this?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I did some thing similar once. I was a bit up side down, but am much happier now. The bank wants money and depending on how good your credit is they won't care as long as you get gap insurance.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

yea, bad idea....bank won't like it....wait on the new camaro

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by t/a for life View Post
    I had a 99 t/a that i traded in on a 05' srt. Love the car but kinda miss my t/a. I have had my srt for about a month now, i payed about 18,400 when its all said and done. Was wondering if it would be bad if i traded it back in on a 13-14K t/a? How you think the bank would look at this?
    don't ask other people for thier opionions... go with what your heart tells you and what your wallet can handle... have you thought about a vette? what about a viper?

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

hahaha easy guys if i do get one my budget would be about a 99 or 00' t/a. I know you may not like it but not really feeling the new marrow....i believe its going to be over priced...just my .02. But thanks for the feedback

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

hahaha easy guys if i do get one my budget would be about a 99 or 00' t/a. I know you may not like it but not really feeling the new marrow....i believe its going to be over priced...just my .02. But thanks for the feedback
    you got to do what makes you happy...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

for used cars banks typically will only give a loan for 100% retail value (+ taxes, title, etc.)

for new cars they will typically go 115% + taxes etc.. if you have decent credit

It all depends on the negative you would carry-over to the new loan, and how much you could talk down the sales guy on the asking price.

As you can tell I have traded many cars before... GL.

SRT 4 when modded up is a bad azz little car. -

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

Ya im probley going to give it about another month or so. Im not disapointed with the power i have just...the t/a's look is mean as hell haha. ls1 stock, can take out a crap load of modded mustangs and others haha. Was nice spankin all of them when they were talkin crap to me haha

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Hey if your hearts set on a T/A I say go for it. Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks. BTW what kind of numbers in the SRT-4 putting down? Just curious.

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

im completely stock like 230/245-250 maybe off abit....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

people who trade in t/a's....don't really diserve t/a's

lol...j/k!

don't trade it-try to sell it privately. Maybe what you don't make on the srt, you can pay off a little more quickly or even with a signature loan...but you really REALLY should try to get out of debt firtst man. my first ws.6 was 14.500, but my trade I owed on and they tacked on 3000 to pay that off...i wound up with a rediculously high monthly payment. it sucks man...just take your time.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Pay for your cars in cash in full, what the hell is wrong with people. Credit cards, pay in full. No loans, pay everything in full. Save the cash.

My first year I rode to work with a friend, saved every dollar I made, and went out and got this low milage ws6, I could have got a loan, but it is stupid. Save money up, and you save money.

Alright, what is your monthly payment you are making for the car? Instead of making that payment, you should have set that much asside every month in a ING savings account. I got nice interest on there.

Your already in the hole, and with no light in sight, might as well keep on digging. I say get the T/A.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

If you traded for one back it would make your name true again.

Or you could request for a name change...

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Pay for your cars in cash in full, what the hell is wrong with people. Credit cards, pay in full. No loans, pay everything in full. Save the cash.

My first year I rode to work with a friend, saved every dollar I made, and went out and got this low milage ws6, I could have got a loan, but it is stupid. Save money up, and you save money.

Alright, what is your monthly payment you are making for the car? Instead of making that payment, you should have set that much asside every month in a ING savings account. I got nice interest on there.

Your already in the hole, and with no light in sight, might as well keep on digging. I say get the T/A.

As you get older there are two concepts that you will run into which will force you to realize that absolute statements like the ones you have made in this post are not always true: financial leverage, time value of money.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

yeah.... great idea!!! so that you can have no credit ever and get butt fucked some day when you try to get a house or even an apartment...

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

Thats pretty much what i was thinkin.....

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lol T/A for life huh....

Orange Blast
    2005 SRT 4

haha jeezz getting crap for my name i would change it but im too lazy to request haha. but ill have another one, one day.....

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

You can change it to "Skittle for life" now (LS1.com SRT inside joke) No offence of course!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I wouldn't pay off my car in cash at one time, and people don't have that kind of cash just lying around the house.

Thread Information