Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

stupid A$$ recruiter

so around 7 pm today, this recruiter from the marines calls me. I'm used to these military recruitment calls, so i tell him that I'm not interested in the marines, and thank you. I said this politely, yet he contiuned to try to hook me. So i hung up on him. he calls back 5 seconds later and says "why did you hang up on me, i dont appreciate that" I hang up on him again, because i'm now getting pissed. I tell my father who was in the same room the deal, and right after i finish tellin him, the ass calls back again. THis time my father answers and says "you got something to say," and he tells my father the same shit about not appreciating it. My father says "i dont give a fuck whether you do or not, and i dont appreciate you calling at supper time" and hangs up on him.

dont get me wrong i have the uptmost respect for all members of the military, and i always will, i'm going to be doing time with the airforce.

i was just frosted at the way that this marine acted, he turned into a total bitch in about 5 seconds, and i never thought a marine would do that

and i dont give a fuck if he's pressured for X amount of interviews or sign ups, what he did was just plain rude

ahhh, now that i blew off a little steam i feel better about it

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

I remember being in that spot. Fuckin' marines and navy were calling my house every day.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

that crap gets old. Take the asvab and make it look like a 2nd grade test and they never leave you alone. 3 years later they still keep buggin your ass, trying to offer you the world. . .

They gotta to whatever they can to lure in more future Iraqi Police/IED Victims.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Just tell him you're gay.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

I used to just go along with them for about five minutes, then go "Oh hold on a second, I gotta take a dump." Then I'd just leave him on the line for about 5 minutes.

Travel Agent To Allah ray97formula's Avatar

White
    97 WS6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    They gotta to whatever they can to lure in more future Iraqi Police/IED Victims.

Quote Originally Posted by ray97formula
    The truth hurts.

We had some who would walk the neighborhood. came by a couple time told them i was in school they said they would pay for it...i told them it was payed for they said "We can pay for the rest"...... said it was ALL payed for then they kept coming strong. I finally just walked in and shut the door. It was almost as bad as those magazine salesmen.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was already signed up for the Marines , I was in the delayed entry . I would still get calls from the Army and Navy.

White
    97 WS6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    The truth hurts.
    Judging from your comments, I take it you never served this country. Let me remind you, we don't choose our battles, we don't choose our wars, we're not politicians. IED victims? yes some of us are, but we are also known as those who stand ready to defend this country and do what others can't, won't, or simply don't have the balls to do.

When I was in DC last week, a few Marines and I went out to the local bar scene in Georgetown. Guess who had free drinks every night and was surrounded by hotties. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the software engineer geeks.

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

yeah, its little piss ants like you that used to piss me off when i was a recruiter. Thinking that you are too good for the military. Your the type of kid that finds himself in the recruiters office after you graduate, asking about college benefits because mommy and daddy cut you off. Instead, you should have thanked the Marine Recruiter for his service, and said, I dont have what it takes to be a Marine, because I hide behind mommy and daddy!

But then agian, thats ok, thats your choice, people like me and Ray will continue to serve/get hurt so people like you can go to "college" and take the military for grantid......

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Rob
    SSgt USMC, Active

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

If it wasn't for us in the military then we wouldn't have the freedom to do what we enjoy. As in sitting here bullshitting on this site or having our cars that we drive and enjoy working on. So don't bash the service or its members. I agree recruiters got on my nerves when I was younger and I blew them off all the time but then I ended up joining and I saw there point of view. SO lets not turn this into a war. He voiced his opinion and said what had happened no need to go any farther with this. Go the the debate section if thats what you wanna do.

White
    97 WS6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    so around 7 pm today, this recruiter from the marines calls me. I'm used to these military recruitment calls, so i tell him that I'm not interested in the marines, and thank you. I said this politely, yet he contiuned to try to hook me. So i hung up on him. he calls back 5 seconds later and says "why did you hang up on me, i dont appreciate that" I hang up on him again, because i'm now getting pissed. I tell my father who was in the same room the deal, and right after i finish tellin him, the ass calls back again. THis time my father answers and says "you got something to say," and he tells my father the same shit about not appreciating it. My father says "i dont give a fuck whether you do or not, and i dont appreciate you calling at supper time" and hangs up on him.

dont get me wrong i have the uptmost respect for all members of the military, and i always will, i'm going to be doing time with the airforce.

i was just frosted at the way that this marine acted, he turned into a total bitch in about 5 seconds, and i never thought a marine would do that

and i dont give a fuck if he's pressured for X amount of interviews or sign ups, what he did was just plain rude

ahhh, now that i blew off a little steam i feel better about it
    He shouldn't have kept calling you back, that would've pissed me off too. And I used to be a recruiter~! next time, tell 'em you have asthma. guaranteed to get you off the phone list.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

+1 I tried joining EVERY/ANY branch of the military during desert storm but once they found out I had asthma, they didn't want anything to do with me.

I had a friend was being hounded by recruiter so I told him to tell them he had asthma and they never bothered him again.

yeah, its little piss ants like you that used to piss me off when i was a recruiter. Thinking that you are too good for the military. Your the type of kid that finds himself in the recruiters office after you graduate, asking about college benefits because mommy and daddy cut you off. Instead, you should have thanked the Marine Recruiter for his service, and said, I dont have what it takes to be a Marine, because I hide behind mommy and daddy!

But then agian, thats ok, thats your choice, people like me and Ray will continue to serve/get hurt so people like you can go to "college" and take the military for grantid......

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Rob
    SSgt USMC, Active
    He already said he was joining the Air Force!

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    He already said he was joining the Air Force!
    He said doing time with the Air Force, that doesnt mean the actually signed a contract and joined......

Next time he calls, ask if you can view his pics at www.marinemeat.com

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28
    Just tell him you're gay.

that would have worked back when it was time for you to register...a guy did that our second day of boot camp and was on the first thing smoking home...the other guy said he was racist.
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Rob
    SSgt USMC, Active
    woo ha

we used to give you guys rides...Squid here

i never got the chance to get those calls...I joind DEP at 16....left 2 weeks after my 17th birthday. but i have had calls from telemarketers, so i guess I understand the frustration...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yea I got a couple rides from you guys.We dont even mind the Army doggies , every now and then.Air Force ??We got our own. My last station was new River Air Station . I was with a Helicopter Squadron.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information