Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Street Racers Beware...

Apparently California has had enough. They are using a new technique to end illegal street racing...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/from/RS.3/
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

well who cares about a honda or a integra rofl just id fuckin kill a cop if they did that to a lsx car..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ok but honestly... running from a cop is bad. u dont have a good chance of outrunning one due to the fact that they have motorola on their side, but now with punishments THIS harsh, if theres any chance of getting away, i think anyone in their right mind would do it.

i know its illegal, but street racing is to begin with. im not sayin street racing is OK, but IF you do it, and theyre gonna do sumthing like that to ur car if u get caught, HELL--ID RUN!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

altho... that guy deserves his car to be crushed. he "swears it could beat a corvette or even a ferrari"

did anyone read that?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

hahah oh yea thats one supd up civic ill tell yea and yea this just makes me wanna run more fucking idiot cops never learn all they do is hand out tickets and harass speeders

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    hahah oh yea thats one supd up civic ill tell yea and yea this just makes me wanna run more fucking idiot cops never learn all they do is hand out tickets and harass speeders
    im not gonna cop bash, but i dont think they understand that they will never stop street racing. there will just be more running. then theyre gonna try to get us to spend more tax money for the police force and eventually were gonna get to a point where its just too much.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

just think if all crime stopped they would be out of a job.....or would we just make more laws to break?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    im not gonna cop bash, but i dont think they understand that they will never stop street racing. there will just be more running. then theyre gonna try to get us to spend more tax money for the police force and eventually were gonna get to a point where its just too much.
    i'm going to cop bash in an unrelated incident here.

a few nites back my g/f came by with one of her friends to pick me up. they were in her friends car. my g/f had parked her car at one of the parking lots at a nearby lake where the park closed at 10pm. so we went to get her car. it was all of 10 minutes after 10pm. well her friend is nervous as she sees a cop near my g/f's car so she slows down and then speeds up and drives away. the cop follows us but turns off. so we go back and get the g/f's car. as we are driving back to my place she notices that this car has pulled out a good 1/4 mile behind her and is accelerating fast with his brights on. it gets behind her and stays there with his brights on tailgating her. it's the cop from before. no less than 500 feet from the jurisdiction line he pulls her over. he comes up to the window and this is how the conversation went.

cop - "do you know why i pulled you over."
    heather - "actually no. i wasn't speeding or swerving at all."
    cop - "i just wanted to inform you that the park closes at 10pm and that there was a reserve unit on his way over to issue you a citation for being in the park after close. have a good night."

and with that he left the car and drove away. thanks for wasting our time with a load of b/s jerk.

so fast forward to last nite. my girl drops me off at my house around 2am. mind you she's over 18 so she's a legal adult and is not limited by any kind of a curfew...which we don't have here anyway. so she's driving home on a 45mph road with her cruise set at 45mph. car pulls out behind her and gets up behind her really close. she maintains her driving and flips her turn signal to get onto her street. the car follows her. she pulls into her driveway. bam...cherries and berries. she says to herself "fuck this" and she shuts off the car, rolls up her windows, takes off her seatbelt, and gets out of her car. she's at home. cop walks up to her and this time it goes like this:

cop - "good evening. i'm wondering if you can tell me why when i ran your plates why the plates didn't match up to the car you are driving and the residence that you just pulled into."
    heather - "i don't know. i was pulled over the other night for no good reason and it was fine then."
    cop - stares at her and then looks at her plates "oh...i think i might have entered a number in wrong on the computer...sorry...goodnight."

this is the same department...possibly the same cop as it was the same shift and only a few days apart but seriously...what a load of crap. i told her that if she gets pulled over again like that that she should go down and file for harassment.

but yeah serves the street ricers right. play with fire you'll get burned.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I'm sorry, I would be 'much less likely' to pull over and play nice with them if I new my ride was going to be a giant paperweight.

White
    1998 Trans Am

altho... that guy deserves his car to be crushed. he "swears it could beat a corvette or even a ferrari"

did anyone read that?
    well IF he really had spent $10k on the engine and IF it really was 350hp, a civic would definetely smoke even a lightly modded vette, as well as pry give a low end ferarri a run for its money. a town about an hour north of here is notorious for guys with these POS hondas that they just boost the crap out of and they all run like mid 11s. they are ugly as hell on the outside, but they are quick! so the guy might not have been too far off

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    cop - "good evening. i'm wondering if you can tell me why when i ran your plates why the plates didn't match up to the car you are driving and the residence that you just pulled into."
    heather - "i don't know. i was pulled over the other night for no good reason and it was fine then."
    cop - stares at her and then looks at her plates "oh...i think i might have entered a number in wrong on the computer...sorry...goodnight."

this is the same department...possibly the same cop as it was the same shift and only a few days apart but seriously...what a load of crap. i told her that if she gets pulled over again like that that she should go down and file for harassment.

but yeah serves the street ricers right. play with fire you'll get burned.
    see normally i don't have a problem with cops at all, but this sorta stuff is BS. they do that stuff in my hometown too, just lookin for drunk gets and pull ANYONE over. doing your job, yes i'm all for. but PLEASE limit it to the people who actually are doing wrong

pie
    free

The Peoples Republic of California strikes again.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS6 View Post
    The Peoples Republic of California strikes again.
    California has nothing on Ontario:
    Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant has stated that the authorities in his province will confiscate and crush vehicles built for street racing before they even put rubber to pavement on city streets.

"Just on the balance of probabilities if we can establish that a car is being used for the unlawful purpose of street racing, we will seize it and you will never see it again. We will crush your car, we will crush the parts."
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/o...ore-it-hits-t/

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

damn, im kinda left speechless over that craziness...

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

"The 350-horsepower engine topped out at 160 mph, Hoang said, swearing it could beat a Corvette or even a Ferrari."
    import x6 crushed? i might move to cali lol
    they all had stolen parts!!!
    Click for full size

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'm seriously angry reading this, Hondas or not, crushing cars on the suspicion alone is what gets me. Maybe I misunderstand it, but come on. Stolen parts, confiscate them. Street Racing i can understand the impounded car. *shrugs*

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Dude... Cops WANT people to keep on street racing. They WANT people to keep commiting crimes. Thats their job security.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Another fubar-ed story

This is some more harassment for you! I was fresh out of Boot camp (three months long) and my car had been in a barn while I was there. I get it out and head into town. I go over a bridge and into 'city jurisdiction' I see red and blue behind me. I'm puzzled cause I wasn't going any faster than the other guy ahead of me. But those lights were for me and I pull over. This young cop comes up to my window and asked me to roll it down the rest of the way (they do this so they can say they smell something. If you crack it they can't see or smell much) Once the windows down the conversation goes like this.
    Cop: "Your tail light is out."
    me: "...no it's not." This got a long pause, he wanted me to get out and look. I inspected everything when I got it out.
    Cop: "you don't believe me?"
    Me: "no. I just looked at it, and this car is brand new anyway. It can't be out yet" (this was december, got the car in july of 02) Now he switches gears. at first I thought I had actually DONE something, now it's time to be a complete jerk.
    Cop: "well. for the last six months someone has been trafficking drugs in a car matching this description"
    Me: "That's too bad officer. Cause this one has been in a barn for the last three months. And besides that, If I was running drugs some traffic cop could ruin the investigation. Now is there anything else or can I leave?"
    This got him PISSED.
    Cop: "I want to search your car. If you don't let me, You're going to spend the night with some very bad men in jail."
    Me: "No. You can't. get a warrant. I'd like to see you get a judge out of bed." (it 10 at night on a saturday.)

the cop goes back to his car, and we wait on hour for the K-9 unit. That cop walks up to my window
    K-9 cop: "Hey Boy, I didn't know you were back from boot camp yet."
    Me: "Hey Bill. I got back last night."
    The k-9 cop went to highschool with my dad. He was a family friend I'd known forever. Bill went back to the other cop's car, and the young guy came up after a quick conversation and said I could go. Never saw him again.
    Last edited by sharptransam; 06-22-2007 at 06:04 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'd rather get my car squashed for street racing then be the fault of someones life being taken by my being stupid. Don't street race. Take it to the strip.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

did anyone read that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information