Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree14Likes

Strangest Story Never Told - help with a sock puppet?

This is a discussion on Strangest Story Never Told - help with a sock puppet? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I tried that, the platform doesn't ban for that alone. Then I discovered that there's another account talking to me ...

I tried that, the platform doesn't ban for that alone. Then I discovered that there's another account talking to me and a vaguely admitted mental health diagnosis. Both I thought were possible. I'm playing along talking impersonal topics temporarily (partly to become more confident it's that person), and then I'll inquire what if anything my long-time acquaintance is willing to say and do about all this.

Reminds me a little of this. I try to joke about it to block out the actual unhappiness of it all.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This thread is like a train wreck in progress. I have no idea why I keep checking back in.
    024mula likes this.

Because it's very interesting and nobody knows what will happen next.

I didn't think it would take the turn it has this month. This isn't fake, people, and it isn't fun, nothing fun about mental problems. Odds are the interaction will be on and off for years. I always hope for advice when I write about it. I did, thankfully in hindsight, listen to resist the urge for serious revenge. (I just vaguely threaten that person sometimes, to assert power and amuse myself.) In the coming days, I'll simply nudge the person to be more upfront about things and that I'd like to be an ally. That's reasonable, right? History and enjoyable commonalities, and there's no good way to kill this off.

2013 GMC 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I know one way to kill this thing off.....

That won't fix anything for me, though.

I think I'll threaten to report to the platform (maybe with a different reporting method) if contacted by more disguised accounts any time soon, but I think that person is already backing off that.

It's cool in a way to be of some importance to a person who comparatively is/was a big shot, but other than that and some clever tactics I think up, this kind of sucks.

I'm still being talked to like it's okay with me. I know more now, including what multiple kinds of devices likely are being used to create those accounts and how else they are being misused. Also, evidence is coming in that the person is doing similar things on the job. I think I'll take the new info to the platform as a stronger effort to get the accounts banned. If nothing changes for the better first.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information