Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check

Stimulus Check

Stimu​lus Payme​nt Info.​

This year,​ taxpa​yers will recei​ve an Econo​mic Stimu​lus Payme​nt.​ This is a
    Very excit​ing new progr​am that I will expla​in using​ the Q and A forma​t:​

Q. What is an Econo​mic Stimu​lus Payme​nt?​
    A. It is money​ that the feder​al gover​nment​ will send to taxpa​yers.​

Q. Where​ will the gover​nment​ get this money​?​
    A. From taxpa​yers.​

Q. So the gover​nment​ is givin​g me back my own money​?​
    A. Only a smidg​en.​

Q. What is the purpo​se of this payme​nt?​
    A. The plan is that you will use the money​ to purch​ase a high-​defin​ition​ TV
    Set, thus stimu​latin​g the econo​my.​

Q. But isn'​t that stimu​latin​g the econo​my of China​ ?
    A. Shut up.

Below​ is some helpf​ul advic​e on how to best help the US econo​my by spend​ing your stimu​lus check​ wisel​y:​

If you spend​ that money​ at Wal-​Mart,​ all the money​ will go to China​.​
    If you spend​ it on gasol​ine it will go to the Arabs​.​
    If you purch​ase a compu​ter it will go to India​.​
    If you purch​ase fruit​ and veget​ables​ it will go to Mexic​o,​ Hondu​ras,​ and
    Guate​mala (​unles​s you buy organ​ic)​.​
    If you buy a car it will go to Japan​.​
    If you purch​ase usele​ss crap it will go to Taiwa​n.​
    If you pay your credi​t cards​ off, it will go to bank manag​ement​ bonus​es and they will hide if offsh​ore.​ Same with stock​ inves​tment​.​

Inste​ad,​ you can keep the money​ in Ameri​ca by spend​ing it at yard sales​,​ going​ to a baseb​all game,​ or spend​ing it on prost​itute​s,​ beer and wine (​domes​tic ONLY)​,​ or tatto​os,​ since​ those​ are the only Ameri​can busin​esses​ still​ opera​ting in the US.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

damn....makes you think lol

where does my money go if i buy summit racing parts like roller rockers and stuff?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    damn....makes you think lol

where does my money go if i buy summit racing parts like roller rockers and stuff?
    I would think your money would remain here in USA, lol. My check would either:
    A-remain in my bank account to go toward bills
    B-go to Australia for GTO parts.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

before reading this post, i was going to get several prostitutes so im a head of the curve.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ha ha... that about sums it up doesn't it

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I think every damn bit of it should be spent on the car. Either in the form of engine mods or body shop work.

Everyone else can kiss my ass. Thinking about not paying any more bills other than the things that they can turn off or take away........lol.

The monetary system is all a crock of shit designed at making the banks richer and keeping the wage earner in debt.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05277695921912

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    A lot of people are asking “Are we going to get a stimulus check for 2009?”. Well I’ve been doing a bit of research and have found that the White House have indeed agreed to the 2nd Economic stimulus check.

Obama Barack has proposed a check to the value of $1000 each as the 2009 stimulus check and Federal Chairman Ben Bernanke has stated that he favors another stimulus to the US economy. President Bush has also been heard on the matter and he also favors Government assistance.

Recent polls have been taken and they suggest that 90% of Americans support another stimulus check for 2009.

October 15, 2008 was the last day of filing in order to receive a 2009 stimulus check. The forms necessary to do this can be obtained from the IRS website. The form you require is Form 1040A.

The 2009 stimulus check are sent out by the IRS, starting on December 31st 2008. Because of late filing and incorrect addresses held by the IRS, 5.2 million stimulus checks are still unclaimed, each averaging $583. It is advisable to make sure the IRS have your correct address so that the same problem doesn’t occur with the 2009 rebate.

There are certain elegability criteria for the 2009 check and these are:

* You have a valid social security number.
    * You must have earned at least $3000.
    * You are not a dependant of somebody else.

The value of the stimulus check you will receive for 2009 depends on whether you files as a single person and also on how many children you have. Add $300 to the check for each child you have and $300 to $600 for single applicants or $600 to $1200 for joint applicants. So for a 2 child family you will be looking at between $1200 and $1800.

white
    99 Trans am

So to help the economy the best plan the government can come up with is to issue another round of stimulus checks? this didn't do much to stimulate the economy last year when the same checks were handed out. most people simply banked it or paid down credit cards. So if it didn't work last time surely, with higher unemployment and even more forclosures, it should work this time right?

This is our gov experts at their finest:
    a big cause of most of the current turmoil is the avg american is overly in debt due to years of spending more than they make.
    so gov plan to fix this mess is to .................................................. ...................................... wait for it................................................ .................................................. .......................................... SPEND MORE THAN THE GOV HAS!!!

Does the gov really think $1000 will get the avg american back into home ownership and stop the slide in home prices or get them to buy a new car?

Personally i think if we held people more accountable for their own credit mistakes, most of this could have been avoided to begin with. It is just too easy for people to walk away from massive debt by filing bankruptcy and walking away with nothing more than a smudge on your credit report for a few years. Wonder why banks are reluctant to lend? who got stuck with all that debt?
    Did the banks make some risky loans, sure. although the people still accepted them because they know the worst that is going to happen is file bankruptcy and still get to keep most of your stuff anyway.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    A lot of people are asking “Are we going to get a stimulus check for 2009?”. Well I’ve been doing a bit of research and have found that the White House have indeed agreed to the 2nd Economic stimulus check.

Obama Barack has proposed a check to the value of $1000 each as the 2009 stimulus check and Federal Chairman Ben Bernanke has stated that he favors another stimulus to the US economy. President Bush has also been heard on the matter and he also favors Government assistance.

Recent polls have been taken and they suggest that 90% of Americans support another stimulus check for 2009.

October 15, 2008 was the last day of filing in order to receive a 2009 stimulus check. The forms necessary to do this can be obtained from the IRS website. The form you require is Form 1040A.

The 2009 stimulus check are sent out by the IRS, starting on December 31st 2008. Because of late filing and incorrect addresses held by the IRS, 5.2 million stimulus checks are still unclaimed, each averaging $583. It is advisable to make sure the IRS have your correct address so that the same problem doesn’t occur with the 2009 rebate.

The value of the stimulus check you will receive for 2009 depends on whether you files as a single person and also on how many children you have. Add $300 to the check for each child you have and $300 to $600 for single applicants or $600 to $1200 for joint applicants. So for a 2 child family you will be looking at between $1200 and $1800.

Make sure to site the place where you got the information though as some may think that you equated this answer on your own. Just kind advice. Not trying to knock you.

Here is the full article: http://www.2009stimuluscheck.info/

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Make sure to site the place where you got the information though as some may think that you equated this answer on your own. Just kind advice. Not trying to knock you.

Here is the full article: http://www.2009stimuluscheck.info/
    Yeah, that's exactly where i got that from.

red
    2000 camaro ss

there's no1 in the country that claims to have earned 3000 bucks and is not dependant on some1 else. . . .i won't even go into the "i dont pay fed taxes, but i get a fed tax check" scenario, which is abundant under the BHO plan.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    before reading this post, i was going to get several prostitutes so im a head of the curve.
    I was thinking of going to Vegas and getting 1 high priced prostitute......

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo99ta View Post
    Personally i think if we held people more accountable for their own credit mistakes, most of this could have been avoided to begin with.
    Never gonna happen as long as the government is involved.

Maybe if you add about 200 pages of double spaced drivel before and about another 200 pages after then it'll look more important and they'll take notice.... Call it the "Personal Accountability Act".....

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Never gonna happen as long as the government is involved.

Maybe if you add about 200 pages of double spaced drivel before and about another 200 pages after then it'll look more important and they'll take notice.... Call it the "Personal Accountability Act".....
    That my friend... is called wishful thinking.

It'll never happen as long as government is willing to step in a make feeble attempts at making everyone equal no matter what they contribute to society

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

are we seriously getting 1000 dollars?

if so im getting a t56 swap

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    there's no1 in the country that claims to have earned 3000 bucks and is not dependant on some1 else. . . .i won't even go into the "i dont pay fed taxes, but i get a fed tax check" scenario, which is abundant under the BHO plan.
    Uhhh....

red
    2000 camaro ss

uhhh. . . .

you missed my point. 3 grand, 15 grand, no difference. can't survive on either, and the last requirement is not to be dependant. . . i don't see what point you are trying to make by largely bold facing an irrelevant term.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    uhhh. . . .

you missed my point. 3 grand, 15 grand, no difference. can't survive on either, and the last requirement is not to be dependant. . . i don't see what point you are trying to make by largely bold facing an irrelevant term.

You missed my point.

The article states, "At least."

I am not a dependant of anyone.

I made, "at least," $3,000 last year.

I guess I am one of those no1's you mentioned in your post.

With this last post you made, you failed to mention what your point was in the initial post. Thanks for being a douche though and getting defensive.
    Last edited by Detroit Power; 02-02-2009 at 09:45 AM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

you still don't seem to get it. anyone who makes 3 grand is dependant on someone, but the rules are you cannot be a dependant. 3 grand is an irrelevant variable to prove my point, i coulda said fifteen grand for that matter. call me defensive, your post was moronic and patronizing, unjustly.

-my point, in more blatant terms, is those rules are also moronic and contradictory.

in my original post, i never used "at least". . .and looking at it again i still don't see how my point is not blatant, and would make no sense if "at least" was in there. . . .
    Last edited by side2000; 02-02-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Per this article's criteria:

You must earn AT LEAST $3000.

You are NOT a dependant of someone. Most adults fall into this catagory. A great majority also make AT LEAST $3,000 per year.

Therefore, those that meet the criteria get a stimulus check.

I agree with you, if you don't make $3,000 / year you probably are claimed as a dependant on soemone ELSE's taxes.

If you are claimed as a dependant on someone elses taxes, you don't get a refund.

This is to ensure people aren't claiming refunds for dependants, such as childern.

If you make $3,000.00 / year OR MORE, than you meet the criteria for getting a refund as long as the first (and SS#) criteria are met.

When I was 16, I worked at a restaurant and probably made $3k a summer, and paid taxes on it. However, since I was dependant on my parents and was claimed as a dependant, under the new package I wouldn't have gotten a check back.

I'm not arguing with you that people can't live off of $3,000 per year. What I'm arguing is semantics....

you said (abbreviated):

" you still don't seem to get it. anyone who makes 3 grand is dependant on someone, but the rules are you cannot be a dependant. 3 grand is an irrelevant variable to prove my point, i coulda said fifteen grand for that matter. -my point, in more blatant terms, is those rules are contradictory. "

The rules for getting a stimulus check are:

Make > $3,000
    Not be dependant

I'm not seeing what's contradictory about this at all. Please explain exactly what you find contradictory about any of it. If you make $75,000 (which meets the > $3,000 / year criteria) and are not dependant on someone, you get a check. If you make $15,000 a year and are not dependant on someone, you get a check. If you make $3,001.00 and are not dependant on someone, you get a check.

If you make $3,001.00 year then you are likely a dependant. Automatic fail. Someone else is paying your taxes for you (parents, etc.) so why should you get a grand back. Same thing goes for minors. If your parents are paying for you directly (home, clothes, etc.) and are paying taxes on their payroll, why should some of that tax money go back to the kids to buy an XBox360.

The purpose of these criteria are to weed out those that are a.) not contributing enough to reap the full package ($) and b.) minors c.) a combination of "a" and "b"

If for some reason you make $3,001.00 and are not claimed by anyone, you get a stimulus check because the criteria are met. I have issue with this as well for 2 reasons.

One, you should really only get out what you put in. If you're paying $999 into federal tax each year (which would be high at 30%) and you get $1,000 back, not only have you gotten a free ride for the year courtesy of the federal government, but you're actually MAKING MONEY, albeit $1.00

Two, this is our governements way of spending a nickle to save a penny. This is going to cost us a LOT in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information