Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Stereo Scam Be aware

So my buddy and I are out today and we go up to buy some fireworks and these guys ask us and some other people if we are interested in buying a surround system. Well about 6 of us walk over to the Durango and we see two giant speakers and 2 surround systems. They were like we install these in million dollar homes bla bla bla. I was like F this and go to buy some fireworks. Well these people ended up buying these 2,000 dollar speakers for 450. It looked like a really good deal to be honest. I came home and typed in Digital Research DR-1000 (I wrote it down to check if I missed a hell of a deal) in google. All I see is Scam alerts. I was like holy shit. I go on ebay, there is one for $50 bucks right now. And apparently this is going on all over the USA. Guys in white vans, and the company is in Canada. Talk about a scam. These people were just cheated out of 450 bucks. Just wanted you guys to keep an eye out for this. These guys had a magazine showing the price of it. The boxes said 1,999 on them. Everything was there. Used some story of their boss was going to keep the extra system if they didn't sell it. Just wanted to share, because I witnessed 4 people loose hundreds on some scam.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yeah i had a friend buy one of those here in houston. total scam
    Click for full size

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

If I see that car again Im calling the cops.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

cops can't do anything to them for scamming someone except make them leave the area, probably. I would just open a can of whoop ass. But then that wouldn't be nice either, but still i would favor the whoop ass more than anything else. Or you can try and get your money back.
    But, people who scam float around, the odds of you seeing them again is super rare, the damage is done. Just hope your friends learned their lesson.
    Last edited by zero_proto; 07-02-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo

Hugger Orange
    1999 Z28

I saw this yesterday on Highway 12 just outside of Napa CA yesterday. I thought it was to good to be true.

I ran into those guys in 1999. When I told them "no" they acted like they thought I was an idiot.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

They can certainly talk the talk. I was buying into it but I wanted my damn fireworks. The other people tho, what a way to loose a couple hundred.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

we have "designer" cologne sales people in my area. they hit up car dealers and malls claiming they jus hit some show and they have a bunch of cologne that is brand new, yet there is no label, because of course they are getting it before it hits the market right? pffff. its all garbage.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Scammers have been selling that crap for years. I got scammed when i was like 19...just for those calling cards though. Lost $40 but gained $100 in expired phone cards

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    A dumbass couple pulled up to my nephew and I, and had the same crap...they said that nobody was home to sign for them and that they
    had to come back with a signature or they would be repremanded..I asked them if that was the best scam pitch they could think of..or were they rookies?lol...stupid people......

NBM
    99 TA

i see the white van's all the time... usually in canadian tire parking lots.

my buddy bought a set of really nice speakers last year for 100 bucks.
    I don't know what they were actually worth but it seemed like a good deal. I would never spend any more than that for something out of the back of a van

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

They even had them here in SacraMENTAL. God I miss Fayetteville!

I smelled their BS a mile away. I was polite and told them I would give them $25 if they needed to sell them that bad! They got the point.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

That scam is older than you are. Since the late 70's that I know of. It's funny how some people are in the dark regarding this scam and even funnier that they still use white vans.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thats amazing. People need to seriously know about this crap. I would be mega pissed off if I would of been a sucker and bought that thinking I was getting a deal.

Silver
    At least its paid for.

Same thing happend to me around 2001. Some guys in white van asked if I wanted to buy a stero system since they had an extra one from the day. Just last year a guy in a new pick up truck had some generators in the bed. Asked me if I wanted to buy one. Lucky I did not buy anything.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

scams will always be around. There will always be people that fall for them.....always. There are so many. One of my fav's is the rolex watch, i've also seen leather jackets from "italy" and so on. You see alot of these in the nice part of towns. Don't worry about the suckers as long as you are not one.
    I had a close buddy of mine fall for the rolex deal. Even after i told him in front of the guy, but he would not listen so i told him "you can buy it but that shit is fake. Don't waste your money." Well he wasted is money.

Thread Information