View Poll Results: Buy a ZO6 Corvette, Or obey Step dads ruling??

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy the Vette and have a boner all day, storng magnetic force of Vette will bring homes for it?

61 40.67%
  • OR, Obey, Listen, Be a good boy,

22 14.67%
  • OR say screw off, Or ill sick "the" mother on you?

23 15.33%
  • OR, move into an apartment, still buy the vette, be completely poor, and collect cans,

44 29.33%
Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Step-dad said I cant live at house if I buy ZO6

Well, Like the title says, My step dad found out I am approved for my loan on my 2001 ZO6 Corvette. He was not happy. This is how the conversation went.

Step dad will be labeled "SD".

SD - Your not buying a Vette.
    Me - Sure I am
    SD - no your not
    Me - Pretty sure the credit union told me they wouldnt mind lending me some money.
    SD - No you not, It may sound cool or good, or be fun to talk about buying a Corvette, But your not getting at Vette.
    Me - No John, (SD) it sounds fun to talk about a Vette, but I it's more fun to drive a Vette... while talking, about anything for that matter.
    SD - Nope, forget about it. No way this is happening.
    Me - MMMMkay

Door opens.... closes..... The mother walks in the door. He has no idea I already told her I was finalizing on my loan in 2 hours. She didnt care, told me if I killed myself in the ZO6 she would kill me.

SD - Did you tell her of your awesome decision?
    Me - Mother? I told you of the totally awesome decision right?
    Mother - yeaaa???
    SD - Nope, no fucking way... Your not living in this house with a Vette. You buy it, your outta here. Period.
    Me - Why is that? I dont cost you a dime?
    SD - Where do you think your gonna park that car??
    Me - Well Johnnnn, ( SD ) We do have ten acres of land, I can park on any part your not using at the moment. How about that part out there... next to that other acre? Is that a good spot?
    SD - Nope, Not happening.

He walks to the basement. Pissed.

So, what do I do? He's all pissed because I was inch's from buying a house, and I am no longer in the market until I get my new job with Caterpillar.

I say fuck him, Im buying this ZO6 Corvette, Im 21 fucking years old, This is the best time of my life, and I want to live it driving America's finest automobile goddamnit.

Its not like I cost him a damn penny to live here. Maybe toilet paper to wipe my ass, but his wife( my mother) feeds me dinner. So, She feeds me food... sometime later that day I'm gonna need some ass paper. Thats it. I pay all my bills. ALL. I think he's all up in my Kool-Aid and needs to get off it right now.

Buy the Vette and have a boner all day, also have a place to stick it from a strong magnetic pussy force this car will create....

OR, Obey, Listen, Be a good boy,

OR say screw off, Or ill sick "the" mother on you?

OR, move into an apartment, still buy the vette, be completely poor, and collect cans,
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 02-22-2008 at 02:56 PM.

black
    2002 TA WS7

fuck him i say, buy the vette, he cant tell u to do anything he is not ur father

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

hes obviously jealous, i say get it

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

I say fuck him, Im buying this ZO6 Corvette, Im 21 fucking years old, This is the best time of my life, and I want to live it driving America's finest automobile goddamnit.

X2!!! I couldn't have said it any better!!!

How is it his decision? Is it because he wants you to move out?

Fuck that! You have your whole life to have your own place. Take it for all its worth!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Fuck him! (figuratively obvisously.. lol) ANd buy your dream car! Then give him a couple nice revs as you pull it in at home.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

not for nothing, but if you live in your parents house, you at some point are costing them SOME money. i still live at home and am aware of that.

ps. you must make some good money though if you are 21 and can afford to buy a vette. why didn't you buy the house?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Do you pay rent, help with utilities and food there?

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

I would say the smart thing to do is buy the house. There is more freedom in buying your own house and moving out.

Have you checked on how much insurance is going to cost?

I had a step dad. He married my mother when I was 3. He is my dad. He only ever wanted the best for me. We had our ups and downs, but I still call him dad. He rasied me as his son. He done alot more for me then my real dad has every done. Things he didn't have to do. He didn't want me to buy a car when I was 17 but I saved my own money and bought a dodge charger, paid cash for it. Paid for my own insurance. He didn't have much of a problem with it after I got it. Of course I only paid $1500. dollars for it. Plus I was out of the house and living on my own when I was 18.
    Last edited by SS goblin; 02-22-2008 at 03:26 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Obviously his mother doesn't mind. Lots of parents are like that. Why not take advantage of it if you don't mind living at home?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Would it be your only car?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

totally jealous lol. i say fuck it and do it. would ur mom let him kick u out?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I'm thinking Johns logic is " if he can afford a vette, he can afford to live on his own so why is he still here". Unless you're still going to college i'd think about getting your own place...being on your own has more perks then downsides.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Obviously his mother doesn't mind. Lots of parents are like that. Why not take advantage of it if you don't mind living at home?
    i agree. but apparently his step dad has "asshole stepdaditis" and thats probably where he is coming from. that he doesnt want step son to be buying expensive sports car at "his" house. Nevermind that the kids mother says its ok. Step parents suck. if it was me? and i had the money? I'd jus buy the fucking car regardless and face whatever came my way.
    Last edited by 310stanger; 02-22-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Red
    2001 ws6

not only buy a vett, buy a z06

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Move out of their house, you're 21. Then do whatever you want.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

X2!!! I couldn't have said it any better!!!

How is it his decision? Is it because he wants you to move out?

Fuck that! You have your whole life to have your own place. Take it for all its worth!
    Damn Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Fuck him! (figuratively obvisously.. lol) ANd buy your dream car! Then give him a couple nice revs as you pull it in at home.
    Damn Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    not for nothing, but if you live in your parents house, you at some point are costing them SOME money. i still live at home and am aware of that.
    Yes, I too, am aware of that. But in the bigger picture... I cost him ass paper and yea some food. I am never home. I work night shift, so I rarely see anybody really?
    ps. you must make some good money though if you are 21 and can afford to buy a vette. why didn't you buy the house?
    I make decent money at Cat. I didnt buy a house because I have a 90% chance I will be moved up in the company make a considerable amount more money a year/month/week/day/hor whatever. The house's I was looking at were piles of poo with a roof on it that probably needed a re-do. So all in all, Just shit. New job, I can look at a totally different grade of house.

Pickin up what im puttin down?

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Do you pay rent, help with utilities and food there?
    Negative. But compared to his two sons who are meth addicts, who have robbed, been in and out of rehab, moved back and forth to arizona etc. and he is still paying on court cases from years ago for them..... Shit, in my eyes I dont really cost him anything. No Car bill, No insurance, school bill, gas, phone, etc.

However, I come home at 9:30 Every night and do the dish's/ put away the food and take the trash out. So Kinda?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SS goblin View Post
    I would say the smart thing to do is buy the house. There is more freedom in buying your own house and moving out.

Have you checked on how much insurance is going to cost?
    310 amonth for both my cars. 2006 Grand Prix and 2001 ZO6 Corvette.
    She doesnt really mind at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Would it be your only car?
    Negative, 2006 Grand Prix.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    totally jealous lol. i say fuck it and do it. would ur mom let him kick u out?
    I dont think so?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I'm thinking Johns logic is " if he can afford a vette, he can afford to live on his own so why is he still here". Unless you're still going to college i'd think about getting your own place...being on your own has more perks then downsides.
    Yes and no .Man, all my friends have all these fucking toys. Jet skies, cars, boats, pontoons, I myself, make more money than all of them and dont have one. My theory.... Time to buy a toy. Right?
    i agree. but apparently his step dad has "asshole stedaditis" and thats probably where he is coming from. that he doesnt want step son to be buying expensive sports car at "his" house. Nevermind that the kids mother says its ok. Step parents suck. if it was me? and i had the money? I'd jus buy the fucking car regardless and face whatever came my way.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    not only buy a vett, buy a z06

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Move out of their house, you're 21. Then do whatever you want.
    I could move out, into an apartment. No house, But if at all necessary, I could barely afford to live on my own with the vette plus all my other bills.

Times 2

i agree. but apparently his step dad has "asshole stedaditis" and thats probably where he is coming from. that he doesnt want step son to be buying expensive sports car at "his" house. Nevermind that the kids mother says its ok. Step parents suck. if it was me? and i had the money? I'd jus buy the fucking car regardless and face whatever came my way.
    ^ This guy is so fucking right! Tell your stepdad to !

With son's like what you said, he doesn't have any place telling you like that.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6