Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Starting my own business.

Well guys its official. I have almost all the equipment to start my lawn care business. I have about 8 people now I do it for at $70 per yard per week. After gas costs its not that wonderful but the cool thing is nobody is above me and it's my business.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Well guys its official. I have almost all the equipment to start my lawn care business. I have about 8 people now I do it for at $70 per yard per week. After gas costs its not that wonderful but the cool thing is nobody is above me and it's my business.
    i wish you well!!!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

American Dream baby. God bless this country!!

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Best of luck

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I can tell you a lot of stories...I worked for my brother's company for about 8 summers. www.jtlandscaping.biz

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I can tell you a lot of stories...I worked for my brother's company for about 8 summers. www.jtlandscaping.biz
    mowing along the edge of the woods i had a rabbit run out of the woods right in to the mower deck... he ran right in to the outlet hole and shot back out in pieces...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Best of Luck with your business!!!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thanks guys. Thats awesome with your bro's business TSS.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

It's a lucrative business for sure. I mean this in the nicest way possible-I hope you're an asshole, b/c your employees will dick you over any chance they have. My bro actually put GPS systems on all the trucks to monitor how long and where they go-that was due to his guys constantly doing "side work" while on the job with his equipment. Get yourself a dumptruck, a trailer with a tail gate, 2 eXmark walk behinds [36" and 48"] and 2 lawnboys, oh and he uses Shindaiwa weed wackers with tap heads. Good luck, bud!

primevil
    2000 FRC

The best of luck to you bud !!

I tried to start my own auto detailing business a few years ago, ended up getting referals from the local Volvo Dealership but not enough to make a go of it.

I wish you every success !!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperC5 View Post
    The best of luck to you bud !!

I tried to start my own auto detailing business a few years ago, ended up getting referals from the local Volvo Dealership but not enough to make a go of it.

I wish you every success !!
    thats a shame.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

do landscaping, with the flowers/trees then u can really rack in the cash. just cutting lawns isnt going to make it worth ur wild. i have a friend who started as "lawn care" just cutting, went into more landscaping and now hes making a killing.

good luck

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Since others seem to be giving advice, I’ll throw my $.02 in.

Make sure you have all of the appropriate business licenses, tax id numbers, etc. You would hate to have an otherwise successful business brought to its knees because you didn’t cross your T’s and dot your I’s.

Black
    '99 SS

I personally use Bank of America Business. It has reminders when and how much you need to pay for taxes and fees and all kinds of bullshit. (Because, God bless America, there is a lot of bullshit you have to pay for as a legitimate business owner.) Federal AND State taxes, medicare/social security/federal income you have to match along with SUI tax = very overwhelming before you get your cherry popped.

It takes care of all the taxes on payday and is VERY quick. I go in, choose how much each employee gets paid, press a few buttons and the direct deposits are in. Gives me amounts for anyone I have to write a check for and use Quickbooks (Also HIGHLY recommended) to print out checks. Payroll total can take me as little as 30 minutes a week, depending on how many jobs were completed.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I def plan on going through Bank Of America when I can. I just finished my AS in business at my community college so I have seen what is ahead of me as far as taxes and whatnot. I'm sure there will be more but I'm ready to do this. I plan on offering fertilizating and hedge trimming, flowers, tree's, I just want to get my feet on the ground and grow from there. Until I'm overwhelmed it will be just me doing the work.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

My vision is to have the best possible service, with the best possible workmanship. I scaped my aunt and uncles house recently I'll show you what I did there when I get some pictures.

What does the 70.00 include.Thats seems awfully high for cut,edge,and weedwacked.

Just wondering.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I did landscaping 1 summer for a company and 2 years for myself....fun stuff. I had it bad in the hot AZ sun though. We always charged ~$100/house/week and had more business than I could handle....probably just location though.

Nero
    2006 gto

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    do landscaping, with the flowers/trees then u can really rack in the cash. just cutting lawns isnt going to make it worth ur wild. i have a friend who started as "lawn care" just cutting, went into more landscaping and now hes making a killing.

good luck
    +1 on this... my father owns his own company, and its usually just me and him on the job. Worked for 7 hours the other day trimming shrubs and raking up the debris, cost the customers $585, and they loved it. Plus its quite satisfying to turn a POS yard into a nice clean place you'd wanna hang out. Best of luck to you. We need more American's doing these jobs.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Since others seem to be giving advice, I’ll throw my $.02 in.

Make sure you have all of the appropriate business licenses, tax id numbers, etc. You would hate to have an otherwise successful business brought to its knees because you didn’t cross your T’s and dot your I’s.
    Great advice! Do it right!

And.........don't screw around with your taxes - you'll be the one that ends up screwed........

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information