SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Question Starting an Ebay Account?

I'm sure a lot of users here have it, is it hard, a lot of scamming when selling stuff? paypal hard to use, safe?

I got some stuff i want to get rid of and am thinking about starting up an account, it'd be appreciated if you guys and gals could post up tips and suggestions to help me get started.

paypal is easy to use and safe. becareful when selling electronics ecspecially. watch out for fake emails. bottom line dont ship until the money is IN your paypal account and always verify that

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

everything is pretty self explaining and paypal is a breeze.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

do you guys sell things too or just buy things? what kind of stuff do ya sell

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I sell all sorts of shit for work. Esp since its winter and the motorcycle business is a little slow. Its an easy step by step process. You do need a credit card tho to sell for the sellers fee.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea, i got a ps2 with games and other accessories i want to sell cuz i never use it ne more

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

you can list something for a 100 bucks and it usually only cost around 3 bucks. But the fees vary on how much the item is and how many optoins u click. Usually the only optoin I use that cost extra is a gallery picture for an extra 35 cents.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    you can list something for a 100 bucks and it usually only cost around 3 bucks. But the fees vary on how much the item is and how many optoins u click. Usually the only optoin I use that cost extra is a gallery picture for an extra 35 cents.
    Thats why people will list something cheap and charge $35 or something crazy to ship. That way you dont pay as much for the listing. Ive been selling and buying for many years. I got ripped of one time for $600. Make sure you always ship to a confirmed address. Dont have your paypal account link to your major bank account. Keep it seperate. If there is a dispute and paypal doesnt find in your favor they will subject funds and give it back to the comlaining person.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Don't accept Checks. Only PayPal and Certified Money Orders. Avoid shipping over seas.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

All very good advise for you zoso.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i just got done with the id validation process and its takin a while for them to update my account, did anyone else encounter this problem, they said it could take up to 24 hrs, and its been like 6 hrs, but idk

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    Don't accept Checks. Only PayPal and Certified Money Orders. Avoid shipping over seas.
    nigeria in particular

red
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    i just got done with the id validation process and its takin a while for them to update my account, did anyone else encounter this problem, they said it could take up to 24 hrs, and its been like 6 hrs, but idk
    Hey I work at Paypal and also work for ebay now, I'm one of 50 agents that can look at both ebay and paypal accounts at the same time. If you have any questions or concerns you can ask on here or pm me and i can send u my number and we can talk if u want. I just helped a guy on ls1tech that has had his account limited for over a year got him fully restored. Not saying I can work wonders or help things that have already occurred in the past but I can help and advise for current and future things you have going on. This goes for any member that has ?s or needs help.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by miller456 View Post
    Hey I work at Paypal and also work for ebay now, I'm one of 50 agents that can look at both ebay and paypal accounts at the same time. If you have any questions or concerns you can ask on here or pm me and i can send u my number and we can talk if u want. I just helped a guy on ls1tech that has had his account limited for over a year got him fully restored. Not saying I can work wonders or help things that have already occurred in the past but I can help and advise for current and future things you have going on. This goes for any member that has ?s or needs help.
    your a good ally to have lol

red
    1998 camaro z28

HAHA its helped me conduct business with some great people by working there and if I dont know the answer I'll ask and find out.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

another point of advice-make sure the money order clears before you ship. Also, if the amount is over $100 on the item, Request a certified cashiers check or PAYPAL only. Banks don't like high amount money orders, they are risky.

Thread Information