Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

started taking creatine and now I have a problem...

I am experiancing a lot of cramps. I think its mainly due to not drinking enough water. I drink about 3/4 of a gallon daily, I have also noticed my urine is not clear. It still has a bit of yellow in it and Im kinda shocked because I drink a lot of water. Does anyone know how much water to drink when taking this stuff? Also I take it right after my workout with my protein shake (one tea spoon). Is this ok or should I take it before.

And does any1 know of any long term effects? I plan to take it for 2 months, stop for a few weeks and take it again untill i finish the bottle (about 600mg) and I didnt bother consulting a doctor before starting. Anything to look out for as a possible danger sign? I dont want to go to the doctor every 4 months to get physicals.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

OMG, really? I hope this is a joke. Call your pharmacist, dude!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    OMG, really? I hope this is a joke. Call your pharmacist, dude!
    I wonder what ever happened to getting helpfull info on this site?
    i guess times r changing

Black
    1999 Formula

when your taking creatine u need to drink ALOT of water, especially if you've had issues cramping before. Even when you think your drinking enough you need to drink more haha, you'll feel pretty bloated from the water retention. And what brand are you taking? how much creatine is in it? As far as long term effects go ive taking it (i used to take cell-tech but it has like 60 grams of sugar and i was putting fat on way to easy) usually once a year for a month after football ends in the winter to kick start my training again and i havent had any long term side effects. just be smart and drink alot with it and dont take to much

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I'm pretty sure a car site is not the place to seek medical advice, please ask a medical doctor or someone with a license in that field.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout99 View Post
    when your taking creatine u need to drink ALOT of water, especially if you've had issues cramping before. Even when you think your drinking enough you need to drink more haha, you'll feel pretty bloated from the water retention. And what brand are you taking? how much creatine is in it? As far as long term effects go ive taking it (i used to take cell-tech but it has like 60 grams of sugar and i was putting fat on way to easy) usually once a year for a month after football ends in the winter to kick start my training again and i havent had any long term side effects. just be smart and drink alot with it and dont take to much
    Optimum nutrition. No Im not using too much, I didnt even load on it either.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I'm pretty sure a car site is not the place to seek medical advice, please ask a medical doctor or someone with a license in that field.
    thats kinda what im thinking.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    thats kinda what im thinking.
    well it is the AAG, and I know a few members are into it, so I didnt think it would hurt.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I never got into the creatine, but I can say 3/4 of gallon of water isn't enough when not working out.

Start drinking 2 gallons of water a day. Ditch any other liquid you consume, besides you supplements, and drink water.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

3/4 of a gallon is definitly not enough. I kill out that much by 3 in the afternoon. During a workout ill kill 1/2 gallon just during that time

I experienced the same issue when I first started taking creatine a little over a year ago. I switch brands and consumed more water and issue solved.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

try taking kre-alkalyn creatine

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Why do so many people come on here with questions about medical problems instead of going to a doctor? Can you not afford one or have an issue seeing one?

blue
    1999 TransAm

sounds like the op is asking a perfectly legit question, ...this is the "anything goes forum",.... i'm sure there are some folks on here who have had experience /w lifting, supplements, etc, ...all it would take is a little friendly advice..

my advice to the op, ...if you can, talk to a trainer, or perhaps you get good advice from someone here, but if it persists, i'd say you're better off just ditching the creatine.. too much of anything can't be good.. one thing is a lot of protein mixes and stuff these days have a little bit of creatine in them, so does red meat (steak, etc.) ..so you can still get it in smaller doses, w/out having to rely on a whole other supplement..

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    sounds like the op is asking a perfectly legit question, ...this is the "anything goes forum",.... i'm sure there are some folks on here who have had experience /w lifting, supplements, etc, ...all it would take is a little friendly advice..

my advice to the op, ...if you can, talk to a trainer, or perhaps you get good advice from someone here, but if it persists, i'd say you're better off just ditching the creatine.. too much of anything can't be good.. one thing is a lot of protein mixes and stuff these days have a little bit of creatine in them, so does red meat (steak, etc.) ..so you can still get it in smaller doses, w/out having to rely on a whole other supplement..
    Agreed.

Stick with the creatine you get from your protein shake and normal food intake. There are plenty of big guys out there that don't take that shit. Also, (going off on a slight tangent) the only supplements I can suggest are protein, fish oil, and maybe glutamine (maybe). Past that, it's all bullshit you don't really need. Being the hypocrite that I am, I'm actually going to be trying a pre-workout soon, but I can take a guess in saying that I probably wont probably wont be buying another tub of it.

If you're going to ignore that advice, I suggest you at least double your water intake. I carry a canteen with me all day and fill it up regularly.

EDIT: The safest route is always going to be ----> seeing a doctor.
    Last edited by Tonik; 05-31-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: EDIT

Black
    1998 Trans Am

^^^^^ for preworkout go Jack3d or C4. N.O.Xplode is wild but ive heard its very bad for you.

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    ^^^^^ for preworkout go Jack3d or C4. N.O.Xplode is wild but ive heard its very bad for you.
    I've heard good things about both of those but I went with iSatori Morph MegaDrive. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/le...megadrive.html

The thing is a lot of people tell me they love the energy they get from it but I have never really been affected by energy drinks or supplements. That's why I so pessimistic about a pre-workout. Also, I don't feel tried in the gym or really lack motivation... so I don't know how it will 'help' me.

Then again, I'm 6'4 and 250lbs... it probably takes a lot to get me tweakin'. Maybe this stuff is strong enough. We'll see.

I am totally fuckin' up this thread... sorry.
    Creatine sucks.

Trans Am owner
    former

go to atleast a gallon a day. Its summer now...that should easily be doable.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

why would someone go to a doctor to see if they can take creatine? call me old fashioned I guess, but that sounds like something a pussy would do...
    I have played sports all my life and never had a friend or teammate 'consult a dr' over what supplement to take, and none of us have had any issues. Go to your supp. store and ask them (gnc, affordable supps, or a trainer at your gym) I have always had good luck with the guys who deal with this stuff everyday. I'm not saying affordable supplements is the best, but I have always got honest answers from the guys who work there.

I dont think theres anything wrong with what the op is asking, he's just trying to get advice. So if you don't have any advice for him why would you even post on this thread?

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

I must be the same way as tonik also, because energy drinks/ 5 hour energy/ etc. never do much for me. The only thing that has got me thinking I was going to have a heart attack in the gym was when ephedrine was legal, my friend and I bought an 8 pack of ephedrine pills, took 4 each, then took 2 scoops of NO Explod and mixed it in a 16oz water bottle and chugged it, then went and worked out. My head and body were literally shaking as I was lifting.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information