Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprint?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Sprint?

So who has sprint and how is their service? Goods and bads? Im interested in changing to them cause tmobile just has me fed up already! I definetly wanna get a droid phone and so far sprint has had the best prices so im kinda leaning towards them but i need some real info on them!
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6
    Last bolt-on LS1 in the world

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I've been with Sprint for a good number of years now and have overall been happy with them. All of the carriers have their good and bad points.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

For some reason I think tmobile has more bad than good...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Because their commercials seem to focus on the skank more than their phones and network?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Three words, DON'T DO IT...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

What problems do you have with Sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Three words, DON'T DO IT...

Ray Charles blue

Sprint is still around? I joke....if I could drop Verizon, I would.

White
    1998 Z28

I've had sprint for around 10 years. No real problems. I do wish that they had a sims card though.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I've heard Sprint can jump on and off Verizon's network as they are both cdma. Anytruth in that?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Let me just start by saying that all cell phone companies are asshats. There is so much competition in the wireless communications world that many of there prices and business practices are almost exactly the same. I have had issues with each company I have been with.

I left verizon about 6 months ago after being with them for 4 years because I was tired of things never adding up and there quotes always being lower than the actual cost. So I sign up with sprint and they quote me a payment of 142.xx per month for my family plan, I get my first bill and its 17X.XX, I call them up and they say well sir the number we gave you was a quote... there was no way we could have known the state and federal fees that would be added to your bill. I said how could you not know? How long can that list be? There are 50 states so the list must be 50 numbers long and it would take about 40 seconds to find WI on that list and know the charge. So they gave me 10% off my bill, which brough it down to 155ish, still 13 dollars more per month than quoted. Why do we have to pay the state and federal charges for having a wireless network in that state or country? Don't you make enough profit to pay the 15-20 dollars in fees off of our 140 dollar a month bills?

My work recently made a deal with sprint where all employees get 20% off there bill, it has been 2 months since I verified I work for this company and still no discount. Its supposed to take two billing cycles... its now been 3, so I call them up and they have no record of verification. So I do it again and call to make sure they received it... they have'nt. They cannot do the verification over the phone, has to be done online or through text which I have done both while on the phone with a manager and they still have never received any of them even though I have done this process 4 or 5 times now and they text or email me the link so tehre is no way I am going to the wrong site or page. They do not know what to do... they literally have no solution for me and will not just put the 20% on my account.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-07-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I've had Verizon for 15 years. No complaints. Almost always have service. I pay $75/month for unlimited text/picture messaging, 1400 minutes, unlimited data usage, and have free minutes to other Verizon users. I also get to pick (5) people (from any network) to add to my calling friend's list (0 minute usage). That is all with a DROID Bionic.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I've had Verizon for 15 years. No complaints. Almost always have service. I pay $75/month for unlimited text/picture messaging, 1400 minutes, unlimited data usage, and have free minutes to other Verizon users. I also get to pick (5) people (from any network) to add to my calling friend's list (0 minute usage). That is all with a DROID Bionic.
    One thing I did like about sprint over verizon is that I get free mobile to mobile to any mobile phone, free nights and weekends. So the only time I use minutes is calling a land line during the day during the week.

I got better reception with my verizon phones in my area than I do my sprint phones.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I've heard Sprint can jump on and off Verizon's network as they are both cdma. Anytruth in that?
    Been told that before as well. Would like some validity to it though from someone with a good source.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Been told that before as well. Would like some validity to it though from someone with a good source.
    Well I can tell you guys that yesterday a buddy and I went into the middle of WI to look at a truck where there is very little around except little towns every 10-20miles. I lost almost all reception and he had good reception, not all of his bars were lit up and he didnt have 3g or 4g but he still had good reception. I had a little triangle up in the corner that told me I was out of my area and the phone was fuzzy. He has verizon and I have sprint.

Ray Charles blue

Well then..............

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Just as noted above, there is no carrier in the US currently that is even close to "good". They all suck, they all offer service well below what they could offer at prices well above what they could charge. Europe and asia are light years ahead of us in telecommunications thanks to our carriers.

That said, I have both Sprint (personal phone - HTC Evo 4G) and Verizon (work phone - Droid Bionic) right now. I have been able to evaluate both carriers side by side. On price and plans, Sprint wins hands down. Unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited data, and it's STILL cheaper than Verizon which only allows unlimited verizon to verizon, and tiered data. On service and coverage, it's pretty much a draw. For all the talk from Verizon about LTE being so much faster or having so much more potential, I don't see it. Sprint and Verizon's 4G speeds are neck and neck when you are in their full coverage areas. The fascinating part for me is that Sprint's 3G is noticeably faster than Verizon's. That's still very important as you will more often be on 3G than 4G for at least another couple of years. Finally coverage is extensive for both carriers...there has only been a few instances where I was without service, and it was BOTH phones. They pretty much have the same holes, and there aren't many. Battery life sucks on both phones, and voice quality sucks on both phones, though the HTC is slightly better in that category than the Droid.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else, either find a phone you like and go with it, OR find a price you like and go with it. Don't worry about coverage, speed, service, or quality because none of our carriers have any of it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have AT&T for my work phone and when I'm in the boonies and am barely getting coverage with Verizon, I almost always have a better signal with AT&T.

My Bionic has gone 2 days without a charge before. I think that's pretty decent for a smart phone. Can't say I've ever had a problem hearing either. 3G is definitely faster on it than AT&T. Can't speak for Sprint though. I would agree we are getting raped either way you look at it though. A phone is a necessity for most and companies use that to their advantage. Demand is too high not to charge a premium.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    '98 Z28

Well, if you're in the market for a 4G android, Verizon has way more coverage than any other carrier. They're in something like 160 cities. I've experienced average speeds in Tampa around 8 Mbps, with a high of 20. I work in Sarasota and typically see 5 Mbps. I never drop 4g at any point in the 60 mile drive between those two cities.

AT&T has, I think, 22 cities with 4G LTE coverage. Sprint is just starting their LTE network. Their Wimax is NOT 4G. Unlimited data on sprint is great and all, but they throttle speeds and only give you like 300 MB outside their network and then they throttle you down to 2g speeds. Sprints network is tiny. Most of the time you have a connection, you'll be roaming.

I have two android phones on Verizon, both 4G. I'm tiered on data. I pay $30 for 4GB. Got in on double data a month ago or so. I usually only use about 1.5 GB anyway, so the extra 2 really doesn't matter. Also, double check with Verizon, they give discounts to most employers.
    Last edited by tpilews; 02-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Black
    '98 Z28

Hmmm.... good timing. It looks like double data is back for Verizon. You can get locked in on 4GB for $30.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You sound like a Verizon Wireless salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Well, if you're in the market for a 4G android, Verizon has way more coverage than any other carrier. They're in something like 160 cities. I've experienced average speeds in Tampa around 8 Mbps, with a high of 20. I work in Sarasota and typically see 5 Mbps. I never drop 4g at any point in the 60 mile drive between those two cities.

AT&T has, I think, 22 cities with 4G LTE coverage. Sprint is just starting their LTE network. Their Wimax is NOT 4G. Unlimited data on sprint is great and all, but they throttle speeds and only give you like 300 MB outside their network and then they throttle you down to 2g speeds. Sprints network is tiny. Most of the time you have a connection, you'll be roaming.

I have two android phones on Verizon, both 4G. I'm tiered on data. I pay $30 for 4GB. Got in on double data a month ago or so. I usually only use about 1.5 GB anyway, so the extra 2 really doesn't matter. Also, double check with Verizon, they give discounts to most employers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information