Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

Sportbike riders.... ??

Instead of digging up a six month old thread I thought I'd start a new one. I'm new here and just was curious if there is anyone that has the passion for bikes that I have.

This is my bike (03 custom painted Yamaha R6):

Last edited by 02CETAgirl; 03-04-2007 at 06:30 PM.

NBM
    '99 Z28

I ride. I got a '04 Honda CBR 600RR last spring. Theres not too mush done to it. I'll get some pics when i go home this weekend.

Black
    1987 Grand National

I prefer cruisers:

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

'05 black 10r, and Pecha's got a SV650, I think. We're the only sportbikers on this forum I can think of.

Harleys are american rice. All show and no go. Literally completely inferior in every measureable way. They're loud, pathetically weak and slow. Wait.. rice is usually at least cheap and are made from reliable cars. Harley doesn't even have that going for it.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray View Post
    '05 black 10r, and Pecha's got a SV650, I think. We're the only sportbikers on this forum I can think of.

Harleys are american rice. All show and no go. Literally completely inferior in every measureable way. They're loud, pathetically weak and slow. Wait.. rice is usually at least cheap and are made from reliable cars. Harley doesn't even have that going for it.
    You've evidently never heard of the V-ROD.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

dood, 1100 cc isn't small and 130+ HP for a bike isn't slow. have you ever riden one? or are you just going off of local riders?

i have a 93 gsxr 750

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Nice bikes you all have there..I too enjoy riding my '06 Turbo Busa..heres a few pics..still have a lil more work to complete before I'm happy..but she is hibernating till my return from Iraq..

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1 View Post
    Nice bikes you all have there..I too enjoy riding my '06 Turbo Busa..heres a few pics..still have a lil more work to complete before I'm happy..but she is hibernating till my return from Iraq..
    Dude, thats a sweet bike! That paint job is awesome Just one question, was it lowsided/dropped before the paint job?

green
    1997 Corvette

Nice attitude.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsd View Post
    You've evidently never heard of the V-ROD.
    Sure I have. The porsche designed V-rod is a step in the right direction, but Harley guys actually seem to hate this thing. It's still not that amazing... any modern sportbike would annihilate it at half the cost... but it shows some sort of commitment to actually having power rather than sounding like they have power as is harley tradition. Even the smallest 600cc sportbikes make just as much power and sometimes more, with half the weight. Nevermind the literbikes. And the liter plus bikes like the zx-14r which are cracking at 200 hp bone stock, still weigh less, and cost less at the same time.
    Last edited by shadegray; 03-05-2007 at 11:22 AM.

impulse blue
    06 GTO

see avatar.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Sure I have. The porsche designed V-rod is a step in the right direction, but Harley guys actually seem to hate this thing. It's still not that amazing... any modern sportbike would annihilate it at half the cost... but it shows some sort of commitment to actually having power rather than sounding like they have power as is harley tradition. Even the smallest 600cc sportbikes make just as much power and sometimes more, with half the weight. Nevermind the literbikes. And the liter plus bikes like the zx-14r which are cracking at 200 hp bone stock, still weigh less, and cost less at the same time.
    look up v rod screaming eagle. sweet bike. to each there own so lets get this back on topic of bikes and who rides.

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

Good to see some riders on here... no matter what they ride.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    look up v rod screaming eagle. sweet bike. to each there own so lets get this back on topic of bikes and who rides.
    Yeah, I know about the screaming eagle too. A $30,000, non-street legal track only, purpose built drag bike, and it's still slower than the current liter and liter plus class sport bikes which are 1/3rd the cost, will outhandle it any day, and are still street legal! Hell, we even get better gas mileage. Like I said, completely inferior in literally every measureable way. In every way. Sorry man, I know I'm being an asshole, but harley gets me like most of you guys can't stand rice. But imagine the rice cost 80k, is unreliable, and the owners talk down on the real cars. Harley is junk, absolutely no way out of it. They sell an image built through their huge franchise of key chains, commenmorative plates, lighters, cheap pocket knives, and ads and rely on nothing but that brand recognition to sell. They don't sell real bikes for real riders, they sell fashion accessories.
    Last edited by shadegray; 03-05-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Dude, thats a sweet bike! That paint job is awesome Just one question, was it lowsided/dropped before the paint job?

yea I see that you notice the cover..lol 4th day I had it I stopped at the store and while extending the kickstand I though I had it fully extended and of course I didint so it started to fall..I couldnt keep it from touching the ground as I was off bablance(my 954rr had a shorter stand)..no major damage just some scratched..thats one of the things left to fix...thanks for the words!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar

You forgot to mention the constant need for this also....!Oil Dry!!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Yeah, I know about the screaming eagle too. A $30,000, non-street legal track only, purpose built drag bike, and it's still slower than the current liter and liter plus class sport bikes which are 1/3rd the cost, will outhandle it any day, and are still street legal! Hell, we even get better gas mileage. Like I said, completely inferior in literally every measureable way. In every way. Sorry man, I know I'm being an asshole, but harley gets me like most of you guys can't stand rice. But imagine the rice cost 80k, is unreliable, and the owners talk down on the real cars. Harley is junk, absolutely no way out of it. They sell an image built through their huge franchise of key chains, commenmorative plates, lighters, cheap pocket knives, and ads and rely on nothing but that brand recognition to sell. They don't sell real bikes for real riders, they sell fashion accessories.
    there is 2 versions, one street and one track.

green
    1997 Corvette

Harleys and sportbikes are two different worlds.

Its like Corvettes and Caprices.

And just to qualify the above statement,I have both sportbikes and Harleys.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm looking to get a cheap used CBR600 in the near future.

black
    98 WS6

Here's my SV650, I'll be looking to buy another bike in few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information