1998 WS6 Trans am
    1992 civic hatch back

Speeding ticket, should I try to get it dropped?

SO Last week I was comming home from the bar and it was like 1:30am. I got pulled over by a cop whom was a prick. He came up and I was like I know your prob pulling me over for speeding Im lost (which I was , and no not drunk) and Im just truing to get home so he goes give me your info and insurance and beofre I could get the card he goes walk it to my car, I said I have it right here and he replied I dont care walk it to my car. SO I give him every thing walk to my car wait 10 mins>

He comes back and goes heres your ticket for speed ing and heres another for tinted windows have fun making another trip back this way, and walks away.

He gave me no envelope on where to send the ticket in and on the acual ticket he didnt put how fast I was going or what the posted speed limit is.

Im thinking about getting a lawyer I was polite nice and he was just a A hole and did not propely fill out the ticket, so should I try to get it dropped my self or shell out $$$$$$$ for a lawer to help me. The section where the speed limit how fast I was going and how far over was a full box he left blank.

Any advise please

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

yeah, his attitude won't matter in court. but if there is no number sounds like you have a winner "i don't know why i was pulled over other than tinted windows!"

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

take a pic of the ticket and post it so we can see there is no speed written. call an attorney and you can get some free legal advice over the phone as to what yuor best course of action should be...

interesting he didnt write down a speed...

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Probably a stang owner lol

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you were in the civic i bet ya

1998 WS6 Trans am
    1992 civic hatch back

Ill take a pic tonight and show ya , and nope I was in my LS1 I know the attitude wont matter Im pretty sure he could just tell I was speeding but did not have me on radar he was passing by me comming from the opposite way and i was just shifting out of 2nd gear and I have exhaust so IM sure he heard me saw my tinted windows but did not shoot me on radar.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

The cop doesn't give you a envelope...the court will mail you a notice with your fine amount for speeding and what your fine will be for the windows if you don't get them fixed/signed off. Your court date will also be on there to explain yourself to the judge if you decide to go that route...depending on how you plead they'll set a trial date.

A lawyer is usually to get the ticket from being on your record they do not usually waste time trying to get it dropped. Some go above and beyond if asked, but i would just get a lawyer try to get the fine reduced and off the record.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    The cop doesn't give you a envelope...the court will mail you a notice with your fine amount for speeding
    no, turbohatchattack is right the cop should've gave him an envelope. Maybe its differeny in cali but thats how it is in illinois. When i get a ticket they give you 2 copies of the ticket and an envelope. One copy is your license (they take your license) and the other ges mailed in in the envelope along with the money. You just read the back of the ticket to see how much you owe based on your infraction. Pretty easy system.

1998 WS6 Trans am
    1992 civic hatch back

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    no, turbohatchattack is right the cop should've gave him an envelope. Maybe its differeny in cali but thats how it is in illinois. When i get a ticket they give you 2 copies of the ticket and an envelope. One copy is your license (they take your license) and the other ges mailed in in the envelope along with the money. You just read the back of the ticket to see how much you owe based on your infraction. Pretty easy system.
    Yep Im 24 so I have had my shared amount of tickets all dropped with court supervision.I know how the system works Im thinking about just asking a lawyer and seeing what they say.I would not care but Im on court supervison now and if I get convicted Ill have two tickets on my record and the tint was on the car when I bought it so Im just gonna take it off and take pictures so the judge can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbohatchattack View Post
    Yep Im 24 so I have had my shared amount of tickets all dropped with court supervision.I know how the system works Im thinking about just asking a lawyer and seeing what they say.I would not care but Im on court supervison now and if I get convicted Ill have two tickets on my record and the tint was on the car when I bought it so Im just gonna take it off and take pictures so the judge can see it.
    Or...take pictures of the same year car with no tint

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yea it's a lot different in Ca...all you get when the cop writes a ticket here is the actual ticket with the courts address on the back.

silver
    2002 pontiac trans am ws6

I have heard from a local radio show right here in california, that a speeding ticket is one of the easiest tickets to get off from. According to the radio personality, the officer who gave you the ticket has to provide proof that you were actually speeding. Either by radar or if he was actually following you. Now if he got you by radar he has to show you the speed that clocked you at, and in court, I forgot the name for the the paper wich the officer has to bring in to court showing the speed limit for the place where he gave you the ticket, now if he tailed and said you were speeding. The officer has to bring in proof that the speedometer is working properly. Otherwise without evedince the case should be dismissed on lack of evidence. So if you are willing to risk try it, for in my oppinion , those radio personality (kevin n bean) are such douche bags

Thread Information