Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Speeding ticket.....

Going down a hill, 83 in a 55. 294 dollars.

2011 Prius

Fight that shit!!!

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

I will. This sucks. I don't know what's going to happen. Only words of wisdom my dad gave me were "great, since you're on my insurance policy that cost us about 2000 dollars a year..." thanks dad.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    I will. This sucks. I don't know what's going to happen. Only words of wisdom my dad gave me were "great, since you're on my insurance policy that cost us about 2000 dollars a year..." thanks dad.
    Look into your own, in the end, I saved my family more by getting my own plain. Cost me more though...

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

My mom just called and I told her what happened. She said I shoulda ran that somehow made me feel a little better.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I think I would say the same if your on my policy. Heck I would probably tell you time to get your own insurance. Im a broken record on here. If you dont want to get speeding tickets its simple. Dont Speed.....

yellow
    2004 gto

speeding ticket, laying drag, no insurance, improper starting, at fault accident...

my insureance was high for along time. i'm 23, i paid in dearly for these tickets. as of today i'm 3 years a couple's ticket free. and paying $700 every 6 months 2 cars.. full coverage on the goat, min for the truck.

now.. i dont give a fuck if it's 65mph.. cruise set to 60mph, 55/50 and so on. it's just not worth it for me. plus i'm not in a hurry to pay fines.

get a good radar.. it pays for itself.. in a way

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    Amen, Valentine one and can be hidden in cars fairly well. Oh and GPS is nice, to help keep track/record speed. Also some programs can be has to show the speed cameras and red light cameras... But if your running red lights, where's a Semi when you need it?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

High school kids/soccer moms look at me like i'm the idiot for going the speed limit, even in school zones etc and fly by me at 15-20 over in a 35. It's worth it not to get a ticket at 16 y/o for insurance though. The formula for insurance on teens is testosterone+no brains=bad shit x number of cylinders And I have 8 cylinders

yellow
    2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    High school kids/soccer moms look at me like i'm the idiot for going the speed limit, even in school zones etc and fly by me at 15-20 over in a 35. It's worth it not to get a ticket at 16 y/o for insurance though. The formula for insurance on teens is testosterone+no brains=bad shit x number of cylinders And I have 8 cylinders
    i agree...

i had a friend kill his c10 lastnight.. over corrected it in a turn.. lost it.. fliped it, ran it into an embankment. killed that tank. he was going to fast for the turn.

but he is 29 and out drinking last night and left her house around 3am... dumbass.

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

listen man. a good fuzzbuster will help. but.. pulse on pulse off radar will get ya. I have a lidar gun jammer on my car as well as the high end belltronics fuzzbuster. gets most, but there is no way i am aware of to flow past the po pos. I got my ass chewed by someone talking about the toys. go to guysoflidar.com (ibelieve) and read hardcore. hope this helps.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    speeding ticket, laying drag, no insurance, improper starting, at fault accident...

my insureance was high for along time. i'm 23, i paid in dearly for these tickets. as of today i'm 3 years a couple's ticket free. and paying $700 every 6 months 2 cars.. full coverage on the goat, min for the truck.

now.. i dont give a fuck if it's 65mph.. cruise set to 60mph, 55/50 and so on. it's just not worth it for me. plus i'm not in a hurry to pay fines.

I'm paying $1000 every 6 months with no bad record who do you insure with?

'69 Camaro

Must've been a big hill lol! Don't feel bad though I got a 76 in a 65 tonight too. I'm gonna pay a lawyer to make it disappear and you should too. Costs more up front but makes up for it with insurance in the long run

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C&I View Post
    Must've been a big hill lol! Don't feel bad though I got a 76 in a 65 tonight too. I'm gonna pay a lawyer to make it disappear and you should too. Costs more up front but makes up for it with insurance in the long run
    it legitimately is a pretty long/decent hill...you'd have to ride the brakes long and hard for a good 1/4 or more to stay at 55, it's a joke. normal flow of traffic does 70-75 there, just so happens i was the only one on the route at that time tonight and of the 3 years of having my license there has never once been a cop on this hill.

I'm just gonna send it in not guilty and hopefully it will be reduced or thrown away, it's my 2nd ticket ever...my first one being for rolling through a stop sign at 2 in the morning (that was a complete joke and was thrown away instantly)

Also, around here there is a 10 mph "buffer" with the speed limit...that 76 in a 65 you got there should be easy to deal with, but then again i'm not sure how it is where you are

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C&I View Post
    Got one last week for 74 in a 65
    Its the little ones that tick me of, why even stop someone for that?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I'm paying $1000 every 6 months with no bad record who do you insure with?
    You living in the bay area would be the reason...car insurance rates has a lot to do with where you live along with record and whatnot. In my early twenties mine went up $80 a month just because I moved to a different county a few miles away with a higher population.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Got one last week for 74 in a 65
    Its the little ones that tick me of, why even stop someone for that?
    Yea, then as the cops is wasting your time, some blows by doing at least 90... Seen it, REALLY PISSED ME OFF.... But still did not get a ticket, lol.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

hey guys, quick question...is it illegal for a police cruiser to be sitting in the dark on the side of the road with absolutely no lights on?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

hey guys, quick question...is it illegal for a police cruiser to be sitting in the dark on the side of the road with absolutely no lights on?
    No, you'll see him in your headlights.

He's not hiding, darkness doesn't go against "in plain view"

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

if he was on "plain view" i would have seen him 1/2 a mile away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information