Sore spot for Giants Fans

December 20, 2006 -- The son of the legendary late Giants owner Wellington Mara tackled and choked a fellow broker on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange yesterday after the man mocked the team, sources said.

Veteran floor trader Bob Tomasulo, a 57-year-old grandfather, was assaulted and barraged with obscenities in front of stunned co-workers after kidding with Stephen Mara about the Giants' embarrassing 36-22 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, witnesses and Tomasulo told The Post.

"Mara started screaming, 'I'm gonna f- - -ing kill you! Don't f- - - around with my family! Don't insult my family!' " one broker said.

"Bob was like, 'Hey, what is your problem? It's just a game!' And Mara yells, 'No, it's not just a game, it's my f- - -ing family!' "

Tomasulo said the bizarre broker brouhaha broke out at around 10:30 a.m., after he walked past Mara and pretended to do a basketball jump shot, mocking the celebratory on-field routine performed by Big Blue players after touchdowns and sacks.

Tomasulo, an Eagle fan, said that he and Mara, 47, had enjoyed a friendly sports rivalry for years and that last week, the son of the former Giants owner kiddingly told him, "We're gonna kick your guys' you-know-what."

"I said, 'Yeah, probably,' " Tomasulo recalled.

"[Yesterday] morning, I just did that stupid little jump shot, and I said, 'Maybe you have a basketball team instead of a football team.'

"[Mara] just snapped. He charged me like an animal. He charged me like he wanted to sack me.

"At first, he got me in a bear hug and bent me over a trading post. At first, I thought it was a joke. Then he proceeded to choke me. I passed out for a minute."

A broker who witnessed the incident said, "When it was over, Mara walked back to his booth and was just kind of laughing it off."

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Get out the checkbook Mara biatch. Gonna write a BIG check now for sure.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    I bet he has a boatload of messages on his voice mail,and ten of them are from various lawyers LOL!!.

Thread Information