Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    98 WS6

Somebody talk me out of this

here's the deal, we have an explorer, durango and R6. I want to get rid of durango cause it's a riding season almost.
    there's a 01 ws6 in a dealership, they want $12.5 for it. we were talking about it and we are thinking of trading in durango and explorer for it and financing the rest. bike stays, maybe I'd sell it to get something cheaper and put the difference into car payment.
    sounds good, right? now here's the thing: we owe as much on the ex as it's worth (shit, maybe even more ) and I need to pay back durango to my buddy. so basically we'd only get money for durango and had to finance $7-$8 to get the ws6. I would be just making payments to my friend, he's ok with that.
    what do you think? it's a facking spring time fever!

black
    98 WS6

oh and we live in the muntains so the sports car is not a good choice for the winter. we were talking that maybe we'd get a cheap 4x4 in the fall (cheap as $1000 cheap) for her and I'd drive the t/a. I drove a v8 sports car in the winter so I don't think it would be a problem to me.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

dont do it ! its a trap !!!!!!!!!!

black
    98 WS6

care to elaborate?
    I don't like modding cars anymore, it would stay stock, if that's what you're thinking.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Do it, Do it, Do it.

You had a 3rd gen in Europe and then a GTO for a few months here in the states. Do it...get back into a Fbody.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    Do it, Do it, Do it.

You had a 3rd gen in Europe and then a GTO for a few months here in the states. Do it...get back into a Fbody.
    and a 98 z28 before the gto so I know what to expect

can somebody tell me about the financial things though? I don't like to be in debt AT ALL.

black
    98 WS6

I got the emotional aspect of this covered

that's why I wanna hear opinions from people that can think calmly when it comes to finances.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    and a 98 z28 before the gto so I know what to expect

can somebody tell me about the financial things though? I don't like to be in debt AT ALL.
    Shit forgot the Z...start Saving up ASAP...Donate Blood and Sperm for extra $$$

Oh yeah, I hear they pay up to $5,000 for donated eggs. Convince your GF

white
    99 Trans am

here's the deal, we have an explorer, durango and R6. I want to get rid of durango cause it's a riding season almost.
    there's a 01 ws6 in a dealership, they want $12.5 for it. we were talking about it and we are thinking of trading in durango and explorer for it and financing the rest. bike stays, maybe I'd sell it to get something cheaper and put the difference into car payment.
    sounds good, right? now here's the thing: we owe as much on the ex as it's worth (shit, maybe even more ) and I need to pay back durango to my buddy. so basically we'd only get money for durango and had to finance $7-$8 to get the ws6. I would be just making payments to my friend, he's ok with that.
    keeping emotion out of it... it can't be good to trade 2 cars for 1 especially if you are tanked in both. have you tried selling at least one of them yourself if not both? Why are you making payments to a friend? poor credit?

But the car fanatic in me says buy it

black
    98 WS6

I borrowed money from a friend cause 1. no intrest 2. no need for full coverage

durango has to go anyway, explorer - we'll hasitating

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

some times dealships and such will pay off your old car when you jump into a new one, also talk them down in price if you can, never pay sticker price

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

If you can pull it off without putting yourself in financial trouble, go for it. You'll love the WS6 I'm sure. I've been driving my WS6 all winter (snow, rain, ice, whatever).. got it stuck once (but not damaged), just have to be careful which I'm sure you know, and grab some all season tires.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I hate being in debt.....I saved untill I could pay straight up for ALL my stuff-car, bike, atv, snowmobile etc.

I say sell one of your 4x4's and put that money towards the ws6. Or trade both in and save up thru the year for a 4x4 in the winter.

That sounds like a fair price on it (12.5) if its got under 80k miles.......

Whats the value on the 4x4's?

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

ok, i used to be a car slaesman, and i know the game. #1 youre gonna get screwed no matter what on the deal. if you owe more than what its worth, you have that balance to tack onto the ws6 loan youll already have to get. i would check out kbb.com check the TRADE IN value on the exploder and durango. they arent gonna be what your expecting their worth im sure. if you beleieve you can bite that much of a difference, and still be able to do things financially then great, but god this deal just says ass rape with out the lube...sure itd be nice to get into a fbody again isnt it, but is it worth all that crap and bs for it?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

The $1000 4x4 you buy next fall will be a money pit.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

as long as ya keep the bike *becaue yes bike season is coming up and ure gonna go crazy without it* i say do it

worry about winter next time around, thats what i do.. make it through one winter at a time haha

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Do It!!!

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

When fall/winter come around, how annoyed are you going to be looking for a crappy 4x4 while still paying off a 4x4 that isn't even in your posession/ ownership any longer.

While at the same time you'll be slip sliding along and getting salt on your f-body.

You have the bike for a summer toy, depending on your financial situation you may want to just stick with that. It sucks paying off debt on stuff that you don't own.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    When fall/winter come around, how annoyed are you going to be looking for a crappy 4x4 while still paying off a 4x4 that isn't even in your posession/ ownership any longer.

While at the same time you'll be slip sliding along and getting salt on your f-body.

You have the bike for a summer toy, depending on your financial situation you may want to just stick with that. It sucks paying off debt on stuff that you don't own.
    i couldn't agree more! this sounds very sketchy. I think you'll just end up over your head more than you want and kick yourself in the end. I think you'll get a better return if you sell the SUV's privately as opposed to trade-in for one.

12.5k for a 7 year old car...sounds like a good deal

With gas at the price it is and you already owing someone money on that truck pay off your truck. Why trade two cars in for one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information