Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Angry some people should have been BJ's...

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall. When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must have stung quite a bit. (HOPE IT DID BECAUSE THE PERSON WAS AN IDIOT!)

The complaint: "Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special? Any response would be appreciated."

The response: Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thursday): On June 15, at precisely
    9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at SunlandMemorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured.

A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?" The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Lt. Col. Scott Pleus

CO 63rd Fighter Squadron

Luke AFB

tater_salad
    You're right. I wish I could serve, but unfortunately I can't, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

I support all the airmen, soldiers, sailors, and reservists that are not just over there, but spread over the globe, volunteering to serve for the country and the flag.

I think that saying "Pardon the noise, It's the sound of freedom" isn't exactly true, from a historical standpoint, but people should be happy that we have the greatest military ever known to man.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

I guess that guy doesn't realize that without our military he wouldn't be shopping for his boyfriends shoes at the mall. What an ass.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i live near willow grove AFB... i love to watch A-1o's fly over every day... i know that i can take my daughter to the philly zoo, or to a park up the street, or anywhere because of our military and not fear some dick face towel head bombing us...

I hope that hit home right in that piece of shits chest. Fucking asshole.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    I hope that hit home right in that piece of shits chest. Fucking asshole.
    i bet the ass hole never even read the reply... that just makes my blood boil...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

damn, thats a good one...

here i was thinking you were taking about members of the site. i got my list out and was ready to compare names, Spaz...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i bet the ass hole never even read the reply... that just makes my blood boil...
    Yea, I know. God forbid they have to listen to jets for 5 minutes. There are alot of people that need to be smacked upside the head.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I live near and until recently, worked at Maxwell AFB. Some people are so fucking stupid

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

It kills me that people move next to or near an air base knowingly about the noise.

Same thing with race tracks. They build a race track way out in BFE as to not be a nuisance. Then of course, years later people come build homes there and complain about the noise......the track gets shut down.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

I love the sound of jets, especially when they are flying over head in Iraq. It's even better hearing the pretty little things go boom that the carry blowing up some towelies!! haha If you want to complain, move somewhere else.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

i live near willow grove AFB... i love to watch A-1o's fly over every day... i know that i can take my daughter to the philly zoo, or to a park up the street, or anywhere because of our military and not fear some dick face towel head bombing us...
    Wart Hogs!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    Wart Hogs!
    they go by so slowly and i'm just amazed that they can fly that slow...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

they go by so slowly and i'm just amazed that they can fly that slow...
    I went to a practice session with warthogs at indiantown gap. We were at this clearing at the top of a mountain and the a-10's were flying by and dropping mini bombs on old jeeps for target practice. They were also shooting their machine guns and get this. You actually hear the bullets hit the ground 1st, then you hear the gun fire the shots. It was crazy the bullets travel so fast, and since the spot the bullets were hitting were closer than the plane we heard the sounds in that order. Then they did a sick fly by where the came over the mountain across the valley, swooped down into the valley, then came up the mountain side right over us. Was one of the coolest things i have ever experienced. Loud as fuck when they are that close.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Great response. Fucking mall rat should be lucky to even be able to go to a mall. Probly a fucking illegal scared "La migra" was after them!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

[this space reserverd for Eddie Rox's comment]

lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    [this space reserverd for Eddie Rox's comment]

lol
    where has he been?

blue
    83 mustang 347

Banned Thank God

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    Banned Thank God

funny guy he was... but he just got his political out view all wrong...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    Banned Thank God
    for good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information