Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

some lessons are just better learned the hard way

I have to tell my boy every night to go put his 4 wheeler up. Tonight I didn't tell him because I want to teach him a lesson and show him why I tell him to put it up every night. Someone "stole" it tonight. He went to bed and left his 4 wheeler and bike in the back yard. I pushed them about an eight of a mile back in the woods. I'll give him a few days without them and see if he starts appreciating his stuff a little more.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Awesome. That really will reach him, gurantee it. Good idea and can I request video of his face/reaction in the morning when you tell him its been stolen?

murdered out 06 z06

how old is he?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Great idea. That should hopefully do the trick. I agree, I want to see his face too! lol

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Heh... yup. Sometimes things need to disappear before it's understood why we have rules for them.

Gonna be lots of crying for a bit

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    how old is he?
    he'll be 6 next month.

I can't really get the video camera out because he'll know something is up. If I can hide it somewhere I'll get some video of it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

ouch

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Heh... yup. Sometimes things need to disappear before it's understood why we have rules for them.

Gonna be lots of crying for a bit
    yep, he's gonna bawl like a baby. It's for his own good though. I can tell him to put it away from now until he's 40 or I can have it come up missing once and I bet I never have to tell him again. I've taught him these kinds of lessons before. He's a quick study.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    he'll be 6 next month.

I can't really get the video camera out because he'll know something is up. If I can hide it somewhere I'll get some video of it.
    It seriously would be funny. You might be able to get that on AFV or something and win some cash.

My 4 wheeler was stolen?!?!?!?? NOOOOOo Daddddddd why didnt you tell me to put it away?!?!?!?!?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that thing is his pride and joy too.....he spends hours on that thing every day. He gets the hose, towels, and car soap and washes it. It's the first thing he goes for after school. This time around I'm going to let him change the oil in it so he can start getting his feet wet. He already helps me with some stuff if it's not dangerous. I don't let him around the cars when they're up on stands and stuff like that but if I'm doing something inside the car I'll let him take screws out and stuff like that.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

that thing is his pride and joy too.....he spends hours on that thing every day. He gets the hose, towels, and car soap and washes it. It's the first thing he goes for after school. This time around I'm going to let him change the oil in it so he can start getting his feet wet. He already helps me with some stuff if it's not dangerous. I don't let him around the cars when they're up on stands and stuff like that but if I'm doing something inside the car I'll let him take screws out and stuff like that.
    Its completely safe to have small children under a car on stands, even if the stands are completely rusted out. Where did you learn to be a parent

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Its completely safe to have small children under a car on stands, even if the stands are completely rusted out. Where did you learn to be a parent
    I'd love to let him lay under there with me and show him how to do oil changes and stuff but there's just no way I'd let him near a vehicle on stands. I did the oil, air filter, and a brake job on the durango today and he wanted to come out and watch but that's just not going to happen for a long while. Besides, my daughter is too young to dail 911 if the car fell so he's my back up plan if I get trapped under one.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well the kid is on the right track then man. What an awesome life to grow up in. Gear head in the making from the roots up there.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'd love to let him lay under there with me and show him how to do oil changes and stuff but there's just no way I'd let him near a vehicle on stands. I did the oil, air filter, and a brake job on the durango today and he wanted to come out and watch but that's just not going to happen for a long while. Besides, my daughter is too young to dail 911 if the car fell so he's my back up plan if I get trapped under one.
    Good Idea to have a back up plan. Thats the type of shit that kills people.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

yep, he's gonna bawl like a baby. It's for his own good though. I can tell him to put it away from now until he's 40 or I can have it come up missing once and I bet I never have to tell him again. I've taught him these kinds of lessons before. He's a quick study.
    I hear ya. It's just one of the jobs we have as parents.

And yes... they figure it out real quick when you use a bit of ingenuity to get your point across. We're smarter than they are

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

As you are bonding and teaching him all this useful cool shit that is fun as a hobby, keep telling him that he doesnt wanna do this when he "grows up". Point to his baseball bat and tell him to focus on that more for when he wants a job

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    As you are bonding and teaching him all this useful cool shit that is fun as a hobby, keep telling him that he doesnt wanna do this when he "grows up". Point to his baseball bat and tell him to focus on that more for when he wants a job
    dale earnhardt started out working on his own cars too...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

This is a Dr. Phil episode in the making...."Orion jr, why do you dress in goth and do drugs?" "b/c my father harassed me as a 6 year old"

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i am not yet a father so i'm not an expert but.... does 6 seem a BIT too young to go to this extent? i could see doing this to a 9 year old for sure.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information