Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

So we were sitting at the dinner table....

....last night and our youngest and her Mother started filling me in on where we are at with our choices of colleges. My daughter has been on a few trips to visit colleges etc. Out of state and in state. So she has narrowed her choices down to SMU or TCU. We are talking about the degree programs.....living arrangements....etc.etc....and I ask about the cost these days for private colleges.....my little one looks and tells me..."Oh Dad....both SMU and TCU are $40K per year plus living expenses."
    Well....fuck me.

This is why I like dogs better right here. You don't have to send them to college and you can sell their kids.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

if finance is a problem ...any military branch should help her with that..but im pretty sure your just kidding

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah, i payin around 33k for 9 months including living right now. it sucks

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

send her to the local state college. problem solved.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

ouch... THANK YOU MONTGOMERY GI BILL!!! and lets not forget my friend tuition assistance.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ....last night and our youngest and her Mother started filling me in on where we are at with our choices of colleges. My daughter has been on a few trips to visit colleges etc. Out of state and in state. So she has narrowed her choices down to SMU or TCU. We are talking about the degree programs.....living arrangements....etc.etc....and I ask about the cost these days for private colleges.....my little one looks and tells me..."Oh Dad....both SMU and TCU are $40K per year plus living expenses."
    Well....fuck me.

This is why I like dogs better right here. You don't have to send them to college and you can sell their kids.
    kill another student and have her assume thier identity?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

40 k [minus 5800 yearly grant for good standing] for a 4 year degree at a private art school in north hills of pittsburgh. Started my career with in 1 month of graduation. Sometimes they have their benefits.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Send her to the Local Community College to knock out her first 60 Credits (Associates Degree) for cheap then transfer to a real University. The only catch is taht you sohuld research if you can indeed transfer the credits. It's a little mroe research, but it's definately worth it...I only payed about $2500 a semester (about 15-20 credits...5 classes).

As an added bonus, the Community Colleges are a lot like High School classes (about 20-30 kids per class), so it's easier to make the transition to college, instead of making the jump from High School straight into a 100+ Student lecture hall senario...a lower student to teacher ratio is always a good thing...more direct help (one on one) if they need it.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well....fuck me.

and thats why im not in college... i cant afford it at all...with NO help from parents, the state screwed me... and the fed gov laughed at me....

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Send her to the Local Community College to knock out her first 60 Credits (Associates Degree) for cheap then transfer to a real University. The only catch is taht you sohuld research if you can indeed transfer the credits. It's a little mroe research, but it's definately worth it...I only payed about $2500 a semester (about 15-20 credits...5 classes).

As an added bonus, the Community Colleges are a lot like High School classes (about 20-30 kids per class), so it's easier to make the transition to college, instead of making the jump from High School straight into a 100+ Student lecture hall senario...a lower student to teacher ratio is always a good thing...more direct help (one on one) if they need it.
    i HATE that when people are like go to a "real" college, i found the community college i attended to be amazing compared to the "real" university i attended for a semester.

if ure looking for federal help... hopefully u're divorced, upper middle class or black because that seems to be the only people who get help from the government to go to school......white lower middle class kids with married parents like me get nothing. if i had a child tho they'd be willing to pay for everything gotta love it, they preach about "safe sex" but then when kids do make the mistakes they are rewarded with free ride to college..i dont get it....

rant over...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    if i had a child tho they'd be willing to pay for everything gotta love it, they preach about "safe sex" but then when kids do make the mistakes they are rewarded with free ride to college..i dont get it....

rant over...
    depending on who you look, i can help you aquire the free credits you are talking about from the govt

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i HATE that when people are like go to a "real" college, i found the community college i attended to be amazing compared to the "real" university i attended for a semester.

if ure looking for federal help... hopefully u're divorced, upper middle class or black because that seems to be the only people who get help from the government to go to school......white lower middle class kids with married parents like me get nothing. if i had a child tho they'd be willing to pay for everything gotta love it, they preach about "safe sex" but then when kids do make the mistakes they are rewarded with free ride to college..i dont get it....

rant over...
    my sisters piece of shit fat ass friend has a kid... doesn't work... and gets a free scholar ship...
    my sister works full time and attends full time classes to become a dental assistant... and she pays full tuition....

that fucking pisses me off... that is why i want to kill people...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Damn Im lucky my grandparents got me the florida college pre-paid program.

Partying Member

Orange
    2004 Lamborghini Gallardo

Don't send her to a private school.

Texas U, Texas Tech, and my fav.. Texas A&M "the big 3".

Save money, great schools. I had a stack of job offers before I graduated.

and I promise you.. the worst part about SMU is that even if you can pull off the $40k+ a year, all her college buddies she will meet will likely have ungodly money.. and she will feel like shit when all her friends are spending $$$ on drinking, sororities, BMWs, etc.

Even at A&M there were a lot of kids with padded checking accounts. I paid my own way through.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Sarge, send her to SMU. that way you get to come up and visit the Dallas crew. SMU is about 3mi from my office (you know 75 and Walnut Hill... ) and about 10 miles from where i live...

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

rant over...
    Well come on over lets get working on that kid of yours I will help in any way to get you your edumacation.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

rant over...
    anyone that's middle class takes it in the ass. i come from a middle class family and im paying back the money i borrowed to put myself through college my payments started 6 months out of college back in 2003. i think i have about $8000 left to pay too...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

all of yall are payin for my college , thanks uncle sam!

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by state69champ View Post
    ouch... THANK YOU MONTGOMERY GI BILL!!! .

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh I can afford it no problem. My "rant" was about the cost these days. WTF? I sent her older sister through UT for half of that just 5-6 years ago. I just think the cost is bullshit delux.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information